The #YOLOKebab & pwoper effnik food Thread.

The #YOLOKebab & pwoper effnik food Thread.

Author
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

It seems I have stirred up a stomach-grumbling amongst the forumers.

Pay homage too, and worship this thread, and those responsible for creating one of earths finest food. Be you sober, or fucking legless, blind drunk, everybody loves tucking away a hearty kebab, be it at 9am, or 4am in the morning.

All hail the mighty Kebab.

How do you like yours? When do you eat Kebabs?

When you consume one of these, the food that is arguably king of the food gods, post it in here, and enlighten us on your experience of your kebab.

All hail the Kebab. [-o<

Edited by Heineken: 24/7/2013 02:37:30 PM

Edited by Heineken: 24/7/2013 02:40:53 PM

Edited by Heineken: 30/11/2015 12:31:02 PM

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

keepersball
keepersball
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

I bow down to thy kebab god [-o<

Heaps of meat in mine, the lot inclusive of tabouli, onion etc, as much tzatziki/garlic sauce as the poor pita bread can hold, and a big punch of hot chilli sauce. All that, and keepers a happy lad.

My must try before you die list includes (in order):

1. Victoria Yeeros - Marrickville \:d/ \:d/ \:d/
2. Kebab Plus - Sans Souci
3. Souvlaki Bar - Brighton

That first one is a must, no matter where you are in Australia :d
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I endorse this thread. Had one for dinner just now. Mixed, with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Cheese and Garlic Sauce.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I personally.

Like I posted in another thread - Mixed Kebab w/ the lot.

Plenty of Beef/Chicken/Lamb. All salads including tabouli, hummus, then I get copious amounts of Garlic and Chilli sauce. It's beaaaautiful. And the awesome thing is, once you've finished the kebab, all the juices are in the bottom of the packaging, you skull those down.

The Kebab shop in Balmain is extremely used to me coming in now. In fact, the owner who I get along with very well, knows exactly what I want when I walk inside, don't need to say anything. They do brilliant kebabs. The also do fresh Gozleme, which if you haven't tried, you should.

It's not exactly the suburb you'd associate with Kebabs, but the Kebab shop on Pittwater Road, Dee Why, does a fantastic kebab. Believe it or not, there's a large population of Turkish, and Eastern Europeans around the Dee-Why, Beacon Hill area. :D

I <3 Kebabs!

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

This thread should be Permenetly linked to this thread and this thread for easily stumbling distance. :lol:

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Pretty much exactly the same as Funky... Chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese and garlic sauce. Win.

That's the one downside of moving away from Lidcombe... so many awesome kebab places around, especially in Bankstown.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Why does everyone get Kebabs but me? :(

Btw, why does Heineken need his name in the thread title?
Quote:
Lamb with lettuce, onion, and extra garlic sauce. Fucking jizz tastic, best kebabs in Australia at a place called Mad Kebabs.

Not true. The best Kebabs are on Sydney Road.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Chicken, Lettuce, Cheese, Tomato, Onion. Garlic Sauce.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
Pretty much exactly the same as Funky... Chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese and garlic sauce. Win.

\:d/ \:d/ \:d/
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

People who get a chicken kebab are either gutsy or not real kebab eaters. Some salmonela with your chicken? :lol:
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:
imnofreak wrote:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Why does everyone get Kebabs but me? :(

Because you've been a very naughty boy.

Quote:
Btw, why does Heineken need his name in the thread title?

Because I started up the Kebab frenzy this evening, all over FFT and facebook.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Because I started up the Kebab frenzy this evening, all over FFT and facebook.

Yes, but we can tell it's your thread because it says "Started by: Heineken".

Superfluous tautology is superfluous.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Quick, shum1 deflate Heineken's head.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:
imnofreak wrote:

Exact same except for one. Chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese and garlic sauce. BUT I add tabouli and it's all good.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Well this thread made me hungry.

I'm off to get a sharma, the Eastern European version. I have established a very beneficial professional relationship with the Moroccan bloke at the stand near my school.

Cheers.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
I'm off to get a sharma, the Eastern European version.

It's made purely from Vodka?
Shaker
Shaker
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Kebab shop in the Shopping centre where i work, Jumbo Kebab, Double chicken, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Cheese and Coleslaw and BBQ Sauce. Delicious.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
I'm off to get a sharma, the Eastern European version.

It's made purely from Vodka?

Actually now I've got to know the dude he's offered me a hit of vodka once or twice!

Although being Eastern European it does have pickles; the 2nd favourite food they have here, after vodka. \:d/
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

There's a decent kebab place around the corner... might drop in there tomorrow for a hearty kebab after my game :lol:.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

who can ever remember what they have on their kebab... i definatley don't
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The Doctor wrote:

"Can I please get one kebab with...stuff in it?"

btw, nice spelling ;)
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:

This. All I remember is I always have chicken with some sort of salad and sauce.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Gonna have one soon \:d/
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Well, that was underwhelming :lol:
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

I usually get a different combination every time just to mix things up, but always get extra garlic sauce. There's something about copious amounts of garlic sauce that just makes the world seem at peace for the duration of that kebab.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Kebab place near my Uni does their kebabs in Turkish Bread, rather than the Pita Wrap. Anyone else have a place that does this? I actually prefer it tbh.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
Kebab place near my Uni does their kebabs in Turkish Bread, rather than the Pita Wrap. Anyone else have a place that does this? I actually prefer it tbh.

Is that the chicken place? Their Kebabs are pretty good. The Fish and chip shop does a pretty mean Souvlaki.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

Is that the chicken place? Their Kebabs are pretty good. The Fish and chip shop does a pretty mean Souvlaki.

Er...No, it's a dedicated kebab place. In front of the tram stop that goes to the city.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I completely forgot about that place. It's never open when I'm hungry anyway :lol:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search