The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Waz - 22 May 2018 5:50 PM
@ BrissyRoo All quite on the rumour front I’m afraid. Most of the players, coaches and a lot of the staff are away I guess so quiet-as. DDS should’ve signed for someone by now imo, probably means his agent is playing hard-ball. On Nigro v Franjic, I’d prefer Nigro over Franjic but don’t lose any sleep if we sign Franjic again. Both offer different things, ironically Ivan is the better long term prospect imo

Yea, I guess the sbs article was telling porkies, I mean if he was already signed up for City we would have heard something by now. Just looking forward to see who they get for the AM and DM as it will hopefully put Holman and McKay to the bench. 

Not to fussed on Franjic or Nigro but would prefer Nigro like BrissyRoo said. 

Edited
6 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Dutch media reporting Mauk to Roar:

https://www.forzanec.nl/nieuws/nieuws/article/nec-onderhandelt-over-verkoop-van-mauk.html
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Waz - 24 May 2018 12:35 PM

:D Good news.

miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

question ....how do you know ? I can't get it to copy to do a translation
can't say I have an opinion on Mauk ...never taken much notice of him...what is he like  ?

Edited
6 Years Ago by miron mercedes
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

I didn’t run the whole thing through google translate just the first few paragraphs but it reads they’re in advanced/final stages of a “transfer” to Brisbane Roar.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

miron mercedes - 24 May 2018 12:45 PM

question ....how do you know ? I can't get it to copy to do a translation

When I opened it in chrome there was a translate button in the top right. I'll post it up for you. 

Edited
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Stefan Mauk is definitely on his way to the exit at NEC. The Nijmegen club negotiates with the Australian Brisbane Roar the sale of the 22-year-old midfielder. That confirms technical director Remco Oversier. 

NEC last season leased Mauk to his old club Melbourne City, where he made 22 official appearances and scored five times. The club had an option to buy, but did not explain it. Now Brisbane is probably catching up. Mauk has a contract with NEC until mid-2019. 
If the transfer takes place, Mauk will meet an old acquaintance of NEC at Brisbane. Brett Holman has been playing for the club since the summer of 2016. 

BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Huuuuuge
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

MrBrisbane - 24 May 2018 12:46 PM
miron mercedes - 24 May 2018 12:45 PM

When I opened it in chrome there was a translate button in the top right. I'll post it up for you. 

if the Mauk rumour is real I assume no Daniel da Silva ?...does this mean our DM will be a marquee ?
Iniesta ??? lol...

Edited
6 Years Ago by miron mercedes
Mrmcjewpants
Mrmcjewpants
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

Stoked with that signing if it eventuates!
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

miron mercedes - 24 May 2018 12:57 PM
MrBrisbane - 24 May 2018 12:46 PM

if the Mauk rumour is real I assume no Daniel da Silva ?...does this mean our DM will be a marquee ?
Iniesta ??? lol...

Yea, cant see us getting de sliva as well, its was one or the other. That's if this deal comes through of course.
Iniesta haha Bakries unloading the cash on him, I wish but yea, Waz was saying the DM will be marquee. 

Edited
Waz
Waz
Legend

Mauk + Holman means no DDS for sure.

The fact DDS hasn’t signed anywhere is quite concerning tbh
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro

MrBrisbane - 24 May 2018 1:06 PM
miron mercedes - 24 May 2018 12:57 PM

Yea, cant see us getting de sliva as well, its was one or the other. That's if this deal comes through of course.
Iniesta haha Bakries unloading the cash on him, I wish but yea, Waz was saying the DM will be marquee. 

Just read Iniesta is on his way to Japan to play for Kobe ...dream smashed ...:crying:

BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Now in the local media: https://www.areanews.com.au/story/5426941/roar-in-talks-to-buy-stefan-mauk-from-nec/?cs=4783

Definitely means no DDS. The two have pretty similar records, but I feel Mauk is more a goal threat. Might be the better of two potential signings tbh.
BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker
Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)

Bewdy. Doesn't have the speed or skills of DDS but is more powerful and loves getting up around the box to score. More of a Frank Lampard than a Coutinho (DDS).

BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker
Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)

Get him in and find a solid CDM and we are looking much more appealing. Hopefully Aloisi can cater a plan to play to their strengths.

Waz
Waz
Legend

@ BrissyRoo

I recon that’s a great comparison of Mauk/DDS 👍
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

I wonder if magic Mike Mulvey has convinced De Silva to stay on the Coast? 

Mauk would be a great pickup, and surely playing with our front 3 would be appealing? 
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ Mello-D

Nah, DDS wants out, Roma wants him out, Mike might get to keep him but only cos no one has signed him ... I recon he’s haggling for a euro gig tbh
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

BRFC_92 - 24 May 2018 1:24 PM
Now in the local media: https://www.areanews.com.au/story/5426941/roar-in-talks-to-buy-stefan-mauk-from-nec/?cs=4783

Definitely means no DDS. The two have pretty similar records, but I feel Mauk is more a goal threat. Might be the better of two potential signings tbh.

Stats agree with you on that, 

Mauk

De Silva

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Did a quick comparison of stats from last season for Holman, Mauk and De Silva and posted here: https://imgur.com/sYFEAk0
Bozza1#
Bozza1#
Amateur
Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)

No more Matt McKay
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYoOya0l70
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Mello-D - 24 May 2018 2:45 PM
Did a quick comparison of stats from last season for Holman, Mauk and De Silva and posted here:

Mauks tackling and interceptions is looking good so he does love to get stuck in but I guess with that aggression means conceding a lot of fouls as shown by the stats.

His passing is acutally pretty even with DDS, looking at Holmans tells quite a picture but that could have been down to Brisbanes overall poor passing last season or lack off.

If anything he is lacking the accuracy in the shooting department despite scoring the same as Holman.

Edited
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ Mr B

He tackles like Borello did, only across the park
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Waz - 24 May 2018 3:08 PM
@ Mr B He tackles like Borello did, only across the park

Nice.

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

If Mauk played for CCM,you could make a serious comparison.
While he is the type of player we need( a box to box midfielder), We really have noone to get the ball forward and create goal scoring opportunities for him and the forwards.
Beautheac certainly wasnt overly creative.Taggart isnt and the new Dane doesn't seem that type of player either.
At MC ,Bratten and Arzani created the opportunities and Mauk was in the right position.
When he was at AU,he had the spaniards and carrusca feeding him.Who will do that for him at Roar,I wonder?
I have a feeling the way things are going,it's going to be a long ball fiesta,because the JA style is not to have a disciplined attacking style.
Alternatively Mauk will be covering for TK,who will be allowed to rove forward.

BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker

If we get a marquee at CDM then we will have that extra creative spark. I believe we will probably play shitty longball football next year as well but if we can feed our wide players (Eric/Mikkelsen) then we could be on for a lot of drives and cutbacks from the wing - where Mauk is a threat.

I personally think DDS is going back to Perth with Popa.

Waz
Waz
Legend

@ crimsoncrusoe

I think we need to wait and see in the new players plus see who the 2-3 new signings are. A Corona quality DM would make all the difference.

It’s an interesting thought pushing TK further forward mind you.
BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker

Mello-D - 24 May 2018 2:45 PM
Did a quick comparison of stats from last season for Holman, Mauk and De Silva and posted here: https://imgur.com/sYFEAk0

Jeez that paints DDS well but

Waz
Waz
Legend

A couple of things stand out from those stats;

for DDS it reinforces the (minor) criticism that he doesn’t yet score enough goals/minutes played per goal is way high.

The second is how little defending Holman does compared to those two ..
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search