The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

Author
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Q&A was compelling last night when discussing the mental health of paramedics. Seems as though the mental health of some our most important citizens is being ignored. Really terrible story to watch.

The information is equally concerning, these guys and girls have no idea what they're in for when they attend a call out. They could be delivering a baby or facing a crazy meth addict. 

I'm probably in the minority but paramedics should not be forced to attempt to treat violent patients. They should leave the premises for their own physical and mental well-being. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

BETHFC - 29 May 2018 7:57 AM
Q&A was compelling last night when discussing the mental health of paramedics. Seems as though the mental health of some our most important citizens is being ignored. Really terrible story to watch.

The information is equally concerning, these guys and girls have no idea what they're in for when they attend a call out. They could be delivering a baby or facing a crazy meth addict. 

I'm probably in the minority but paramedics should not be forced to attempt to treat violent patients. They should leave the premises for their own physical and mental well-being. 

Sadly they got to treat everyone . They cant pick and choose  who to help. 

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 29 May 2018 10:15 AM
BETHFC - 29 May 2018 7:57 AM

Sadly they got to treat everyone . They cant pick and choose  who to help. 

Their personal safety would still be the priority. The problem is as Beth said they probably don't know there is an issue until too late.

All I can think is that anytime it is a recreational drug call out that Police attend too ... not sure how much info they get from emergency calls though, or how much info the callers are willing to give out at times.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sokorny - 29 May 2018 4:43 PM
AMi
Their personal safety would still be the priority. The problem is as Beth said they probably don't know there is an issue until too late.

All I can think is that anytime it is a recreational drug call out that Police attend too ... not sure how much info they get from emergency calls though, or how much info the callers are willing to give out at times.

It is but the ambos have to help out everyone and anyone . same goes for doctors. They took an oath that they help anyone who needs it.  Sadly people  can be messed up on a lot of things .  At least the andrews government  has stoppped the loop hole where being high on drugs/mentality  unstable  et el isnt an excuse to assault  emergency  service personal 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Fucking Barnaby.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

sokorny - 29 May 2018 4:43 PM

I think that's part of the problem. These emergency service workers walk in blind to the majority of call outs. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

IPA stating that the rich paying more  tax is as bad racism,sexism et al. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

We should just overlook Russia's involvement with MH17.

Yeah nah get fucked bro.

-PB

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 19 Jul 2018 10:31 AM
We should just overlook Russia's involvement with MH17.

Yeah nah get fucked bro.

-PB

They do have HUGE tracks of land.

rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Liberal left going nuts over some of the most innocuous tape recordings you will ever hear.   There is absolutely nothing in the tapes at all, NOTHING but the left is so desperate to get rid of Trump they will try to twist them into EXPLOSIVE REVELATIONS.  These dirty feeble tactics only make the left look stupid and weak and desperate and are more than happy to support Omarosa to help her sell books.  If you want to get rich just write a book condemning Trump and watch the dollars roll in.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Damn that's so Australian rusty.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Fraser Anning, what a fucking train wreck lol

-PB

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 15 Aug 2018 8:41 AM
Fraser Anning, what a fucking train wreck lol

-PB

Brilliant.

"Senator Anning said Joh Bjelke-Petersen’s reign as Queensland premier was the state’s “golden age”."

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/while-all-muslims-are-not-terrorists-certainly-all-terrorists-these-days-are-muslims-senator-anning-said/news-story/c0753644cfccdda0394619e6f9dc01b5

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Hinchy with a good quote.

Crossbench senator Derryn Hinch was sitting in the Upper House listening to the speech and said it was excruciating.

"It was Pauline Hanson on steroids," he told the ABC's AM program.

"There was hardly a group of Australians he did not offend unless you were close to being a member of the Ku Klux Klan."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-15/fraser-anning-condemned-for-using-phrase-of-nazi-germany/10121844

Member since 2008.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 15 Aug 2018 8:49 AM
paulbagzFC - 15 Aug 2018 8:41 AM

Brilliant.

"Senator Anning said Joh Bjelke-Petersen’s reign as Queensland premier was the state’s “golden age”."

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/while-all-muslims-are-not-terrorists-certainly-all-terrorists-these-days-are-muslims-senator-anning-said/news-story/c0753644cfccdda0394619e6f9dc01b5

Yup, only a very certain sect of old baby boomer Queenslanders think that Sir Joh was any good.

Clearly FA is part of that minority.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 15 Aug 2018 8:51 AM
Hinchy with a good quote.

Crossbench senator Derryn Hinch was sitting in the Upper House listening to the speech and said it was excruciating.

"It was Pauline Hanson on steroids," he told the ABC's AM program.

"There was hardly a group of Australians he did not offend unless you were close to being a member of the Ku Klux Klan."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-15/fraser-anning-condemned-for-using-phrase-of-nazi-germany/10121844

Yep, and KAP were so desperate to have a senator on the team they took in a twat like FA.

Makes Malcolm Roberts look like a moderate ffs.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

News Corp running the Dutton topple angles today lol, are the conservative factions of the LNP really in that much of a free fall?

-PB

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Can we just call an election now? The Libs are a rabble and I've had enough of treading water. We need proper reforms that will improve our society.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Muz
Muz
Legend

paulbagzFC - 15 Aug 2018 9:14 AM

Yep, and KAP were so desperate to have a senator on the team they took in a twat like FA.

-PB

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/nation-ashamed-to-admit-that-we-miss-malcolm-roberts/

In a humiliating twist, Australia has been forced to admit that former One Nation senator Malcolm Roberts actually wasn’t that bad in hindsight, after his replacement started spruiking genocidal nazi ideology in his maiden speech.

Australians from all sides of the political spectrum are now of the belief that even with his anti-NASA agenda, at least Malcolm Roberts didn’t go full Hitler, and can only pray that Fraser Anning had a parent born overseas.

“Jesus. It’s a sad state of affairs when that bloke is better than the nutcase they replaced him with” said one voter, Ian Mclaughlin (55, printer sales) who was interviewed at Betoota’s Lord Kidman Hotel.

“The final solution line is probably the crookest thing anyone has ever said in Parliament. Where do we find these    - oops, I just ate my own poop...s?”

Political leaders across the spectrum – from the Greens to One Nation – have united to condemn an “appalling” speech by Senator Fraser Anning in which he called for a “final solution” on immigration.

The Katter’s Australian Party senator, who defected from One Nation after replacing Malcolm Roberts who technically only got 17 direct votes to begin with, also used his maiden speech to urge a ban on Muslim migration and a return to the discriminatory White Australia Policy.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull described Senator Anning’s remarks as “appalling” and said there was “no place in Australia for racism” – unless we are attacking South Sudanese teenagers in Melbourne, or the young brown families trapped on the boiling hot Nauru detention centre.

Member since 2008.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 15 Aug 2018 9:14 AM

-PB

Former one nation bloke a racist fuckwit. Go figure.

Latter should have known better. He's just as much at fault.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Turnbull under siege again already haha 

-PB

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

mcjules - 20 Aug 2018 11:48 AM
Can we just call an election now? The Libs are a rabble and I've had enough of treading water. We need proper reforms that will improve our society.

Are you asking for an election now because you know that this is as good as it gets for Labor?
Unemployment is down, wage growth is ticking upwards in line with inflation and the economy is generally in good shape.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

vanlassen - 20 Aug 2018 2:24 PM
mcjules - 20 Aug 2018 11:48 AM

Are you asking for an election now because you know that this is as good as it gets for Labor?
Unemployment is down, wage growth is ticking upwards in line with inflation and the economy is generally in good shape.

Nope I'm asking for it because we're in need of serious reforms and this current government can't deliver it. 

I'd be very skeptical of any claims that wage growth is improving. Most of its come from a Fair Work Commission mandated increase to the minimum wage. Cost of living pressures are still a big thing. Numbers mean little when people don't feel it. Not to bring US politics into it but there was a lot of trumpeting about the corporate tax cut increasing wages but it seems like a sugar hit there as I saw an article claiming wages are at 1974 equivalent levels atm.

Regardless, there's other stuff that's important that's not the economy and they're failing even harder at those.

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

mcjules - 20 Aug 2018 2:56 PM
vanlassen - 20 Aug 2018 2:24 PM

Nope I'm asking for it because we're in need of serious reforms and this current government can't deliver it. 

I'd be very skeptical of any claims that wage growth is improving. Most of its come from a Fair Work Commission mandated increase to the minimum wage. Cost of living pressures are still a big thing. Numbers mean little when people don't feel it. Not to bring US politics into it but there was a lot of trumpeting about the corporate tax cut increasing wages but it seems like a sugar hit there as I saw an article claiming wages are at 1974 equivalent levels atm.

Regardless, there's other stuff that's important that's not the economy and they're failing even harder at those.

What reforms? Removal of CGT concessions on investment properties?

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Malcolm falls on his sword.

Shambolic.

Election any day now please.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Phwoar survived.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Probably a second stab on Thursday, could have a new PM by the weekend.

-PB

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

vanlassen - 20 Aug 2018 4:26 PM
mcjules - 20 Aug 2018 2:56 PM
What reforms? Removal of CGT concessions on investment properties?

I'm not only talking about economic reforms (there are a number of social reforms required too) but I'll address your question, I'd be happy with a grandfathering of CGT concessions so that people who currently have investment properties are encouraged to sell but not to new investors. Probably though, Labor's negative gearing proposal is enough to take the heat out.

I'm not silly enough to think Labor are going to do things that drastically differently at least not initially but they'll definitely be better. I'm pretty sure what you're going to say because I was saying the same thing in 2013 just in the opposite direction.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

paulbagzFC - 21 Aug 2018 10:10 AM
Probably a second stab on Thursday, could have a new PM by the weekend.

-PB

I've been encouraged by how many people, even the less politically vocal that are voicing negative opinions about the potential of Dutton being PM. 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

mcjules - 21 Aug 2018 11:25 AM
paulbagzFC - 21 Aug 2018 10:10 AM

I've been encouraged by how many people, even the less politically vocal that are voicing negative opinions about the potential of Dutton being PM. 

There is hope for us yet.

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search