Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Author
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The thread for is Game of Thrones.

[size=7]Warning: This thread will contain spoilers for the TV show, so don't read if you aren't up to date with the show, Book spoilers have to be blacked out.[/size]

[youtube]UV3RflsNxak[/youtube]

[youtube]8ixEWrTLiZg[/youtube]

Edited by pv4: 3/5/2016 10:32:43 AM

Edited by iridium1010: 27/6/2016 06:37:29 PM

Edited by iridium1010: 28/6/2016 01:13:44 AM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Iridium1010
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=64050
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Jets_Fan wrote:

You post that almost as if this show isn't especially good enough to deserve its own thread. :-k

Good trailers, Seven Devils by Florence and the machine fits it well.

Great show, the worst part of my week is always when it dawns on me that the episode is about to end and I have to wait another week for more GoT. Especially last week!

Tyrion favorite and Geoffrey predictably least favorite. By far the most hateable character I've ever come across on screen. If I ever meet the actor I'm punching him square in the face, I don't care that it's just an act, I still feel like he deserves it [-(
Not sure how you can hate Drogo and the Dothraki :-s
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

read half of the books . the show is very true to it too
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Khal Drogo was the most baddass character I have ever seen on TV. Loved him. Will probably go see the remake of Conan just because I can pretend it's Drogo :lol:.

Finally caught up to the current episode (Ep.7) after starting the series last week. Love it. All of it. Will probably start reading the books once Season 2 ends because I won't be able to wait.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Neanderthal wrote:
Jets_Fan wrote:

You post that almost as if this show isn't especially good enough to deserve its own thread. :-k

Good trailers, Seven Devils by Florence and the machine fits it well.

Great show, the worst part of my week is always when it dawns on me that the episode is about to end and I have to wait another week for more GoT. Especially last week!

Tyrion favorite and Geoffrey predictably least favorite. By far the most hateable character I've ever come across on screen. If I ever meet the actor I'm punching him square in the face, I don't care that it's just an act, I still feel like he deserves it [-(
Not sure how you can hate Drogo and the Dothraki :-s

I to hate it when a episode finishes i wish it would it go for longer, on the next ep ima watch the 5 remaining supernatural eps and game of thrones after *drools*.

I realised with geoffrey that having a character to hate is a good thing, a lot of people always want the most hated character to die. For example, big brother people voted out the people who were hated the most, but then they're left out with out more drama.

That blonde hair targayren dude was a peice of work to.

Edited by glory recruit: 19/5/2012 10:03:43 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Going to be very very interesting to see how they deal with the later books. Loving how faithful to the books they are at the moment, but don't think they can go on like that forever.

Also for anyone who hasn't read the books but is watching the show a word of advice, do not get to attached to any character :lol:
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Going to be very very interesting to see how they deal with the later books. Loving how faithful to the books they are at the moment, but don't think they can go on like that forever.

Also for anyone who hasn't read the books but is watching the show a word of advice, do not get to attached to any character :lol:

this:lol: also has anyone played the games? woeful
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Still don't get the hype around this show.
melbournefanatic
melbournefanatic
Rising Star
Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)Rising Star (935 reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Still don't get the hype around this show.

:o
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I think you already have to have an interest/enjoyment in this sorta fantasy, the magic/dragons/knights etc. If you don't the show probably isn't going to hold much interest for you.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Yeah, I think a lot of the 'critical acclaim' is just from the genre fangirls. Everything I've seen of it the script writing has been inarticulate, the acting stilted and the plot-lines pretty basic.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Yeah, I think a lot of the 'critical acclaim' is just from the genre fangirls. Everything I've seen of it the script writing has been inarticulate, the acting stilted and the plot-lines pretty basic.

Now I know you're just talking crap :lol:

Considering you admitted to barely watching an episode, not entirely sure how you managed to come to all those conclusions...
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

Now I know you're just talking crap :lol:

Considering you admitted to barely watching an episode, not entirely sure how you managed to come to all those conclusions...

I was gonna say :lol: Can't really call the plot lines basic when you admit to only watching something like half of 1 episode :lol:

As for basic plot lines, :lol: some of the plot, especially in the later books is some of the most convoluted shit you will ever see shit is jumping around all over the place :lol: such a confusing book to read at times because of the way it's set out and I think that's where they're gonna have some big problems trying to stay faithful to the material.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

It's soap-opera style plot lines. They lead you to the conclusion too much.
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I watched the first few episodes LITERALLY fell asleep I was so bored. It is basically just a medieval version of Neighbours, the actors are boring and the characters impossible to empathise with because they are such turds. Anything medieval involving snow zombies and antiquated weapons is to be avoided. Give me Uwe Boll epic any day over this shit.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

I love Game of Boobs.

P.S. Sorry Afro but you're talking out of your arse. Lead you to the conclusion my fartpipe. You saw Ned's actions coming did you?

:roll:

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Isn't this what the TV thread/What-are-you-watching-right-now thread is for?

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

Thats such bullshit. I've never seen a show that is more deceiving in that manner. They make you think you know where it's going and then do a complete 360. Example: it seemed so obvious Daenarys would get the Dothraki to go to war with Kings landing. It got close but then ended up just fizzling out with a non traumatic death of a main character and then went in a completely different direction. Who could have predicted that?
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

I've just been through a massive Sons of Anarchy phase so I put GOT to the side but I can't wait to resume, I think I've seen up untill S2 episode 5.

It's a very well done show, good acting, great production quality and thrilling story.

I don't really have an overwhelming favorite but the likes of Tyrion, Rob, Bron, Daenarys' advisor/body guard (name escapes me), Ned, John etc are very likable characters.

What they've done really well is create such an easily loathed character in Geoffrey, I hated the smarmy little prick on first sight before he'd even opened his mouth, his later actions just keep intensifying your hatred so well. Daenarys' brother was also very well done in how easy it was to hate him, but unlike Geoffrey he had no real power or any kind of threat but just a pathetic arrogance.
bennyblanco
bennyblanco
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

You must be off your face on crack then.

Edited by bennyblanco: 20/5/2012 06:04:55 PM
bennyblanco
bennyblanco
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Isn't this what the TV thread/What-are-you-watching-right-now thread is for?

Why do you always get so upset about thread titles....
bennyblanco
bennyblanco
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

some shitty french company has had the rights for ages. It should of been stripped from them cos they always fuck up good books/games.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Fredsta wrote:
I've just been through a massive Sons of Anarchy phase so I put GOT to the side but I can't wait to resume, I think I've seen up untill S2 episode 5.

It's a very well done show, good acting, great production quality and thrilling story.

I don't really have an overwhelming favorite but the likes of Tyrion, Rob, Bron, Daenarys' advisor/body guard (name escapes me), Ned, John etc are very likable characters.

What they've done really well is create such an easily loathed character in Geoffrey, I hated the smarmy little prick on first sight before he'd even opened his mouth, his later actions just keep intensifying your hatred so well. Daenarys' brother was also very well done in how easy it was to hate him, but unlike Geoffrey he had no real power or any kind of threat but just a pathetic arrogance.

This, this guy knows his shit. How anyone can say the characters are boring is beyond me, they all have there own story, most also have ambition, they all have there own very distinct personality.

The story is great.

Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro

Funky Munky wrote:
I think you already have to have an interest/enjoyment in this sorta fantasy, the magic/dragons/knights etc. If you don't the show probably isn't going to hold much interest for you.

I actually think its the opposite of this. Some people are just turned off by the fantasy genre and therefore can't or don't want to enjoy it. Im not into any fantasy shit at all except for this and LOTR because they are both amazing books come series/movies.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Neanderthal wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

I actually think its the opposite of this. Some people are just turned off by the fantasy genre and therefore can't or don't want to enjoy it. Im not into any fantasy shit at all except for this and LOTR because they are both amazing books come series/movies.

I'm tempted to get it and give it a try. But I've never been into this sort of stuff. Dunno.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

There are shitloads of people that are totally not into Fantasy and they love the show.

Its not that fantastical at all, and its really a slow burn into the magic shit.
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Are you talking about computer games?

Because the boardgame has an average rating of 8.26 / 10 on http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103343/a-game-of-thrones-the-board-game-second-edition

and is currently ranked 39th out of over 5000 board games.

Planning on picking it up soonish.

petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Neanderthal wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

Thats such bullshit. I've never seen a show that is more deceiving in that manner. They make you think you know where it's going and then do a complete 360. Example: it seemed so obvious Daenarys would get the Dothraki to go to war with Kings landing. It got close but then ended up just fizzling out with a non traumatic death of a main character and then went in a completely different direction. Who could have predicted that?

Agree with this.

Spoiler in case anyone hasn't seen season #1 yet and is planning to;
[spoiler]I didn't honestly believe Lord Stark was going to be beheaded until it had been done. A predictable (and expected) storyline would have seen the nominal hero of the series (up until that point) saved at the last minute.[/spoiler]

petszk
petszk
Pro

Fredsta wrote:

"Joffrey", but other than that, yes! to everything you said.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search