Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Author
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
rusty wrote:
IAnything medieval involving snow zombies and antiquated weapons is to be avoided.

Bit hard to picture a medieval show with automatic assault rifles and low-orbit ion cannons. :-k

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Theres this game http://www.gameofthronesmmo.com/ , but its not out yet:S
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

The key to watching GoT is to remember that George R.R. Martin is a horrible, horrible man, and will slaughter everyone you love and hold dear, in the most brutal and emotionally draining way possible.
bennyblanco
bennyblanco
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

petszk wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Going to be very very interesting to see how they deal with the later books. Loving how faithful to the books they are at the moment, but don't think they can go on like that forever.

Also for anyone who hasn't read the books but is watching the show a word of advice, do not get to attached to any character :lol:

this:lol: also has anyone played the games? woeful

Are you talking about computer games?

Because the boardgame has an average rating of 8.26 / 10 on http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103343/a-game-of-thrones-the-board-game-second-edition

and is currently ranked 39th out of over 5000 board games.

Planning on picking it up soonish.

Where do you live? I got given it for Xmas but the people who I would of played it with went back overseas. I still havent' even played the game. Opened the box but never been played. I can sell you mine. PM me if you want.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
The key to watching GoT is to remember that George R.R. Martin is a horrible, horrible man, and will slaughter everyone you love and hold dear, in the most brutal and emotionally draining way possible.

But you just have to keep on reading! ;)
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

[youtube]anV48ukkgXQ[/youtube]

I found out the reason the mother notices the song they're playing is because it is a song about the defeat of House Reyne by House Lannister (called The Rains of Castamere, the title of the episode) The Lannister daughter mentions what happened to House Reyne when she warns Joffrey's wife.

Edited by iridium1010: 14/6/2013 04:01:13 PM
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:

Man, I hadn't even read the books when I posted this.

Fuck GRR Martin. Seriously. Asshole.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

The one thing i didn't like about this season was that they didn't show the battle with the white walkers army, but they showed them marching at the end scene of season 2.

Edited by iridium1010: 14/6/2013 04:00:06 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Still don't get the hype around this show.

There is nothing interesting about it. Girlfriend showed it to me the other day. Was just a bunch of talk in medieval time. I have more creativity in my left pinky.

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

There is nothing interesting about it. Girlfriend showed it to me the other day. Was just a bunch of talk in medieval time. I have more creativity in my left pinky.

:lol: Ok
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

I don't know what's funniest about this statement. The fact that you think GoT is boring, or you lying about having a girlfriend
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

433 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

I don't know what's funniest about this statement. The fact that you think GoT is boring, or you lying about having a girlfriend

:lol: :lol:
catbert
catbert
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

It was definitely not what I expected when I started watchng, but I think it's amazing nonetheless.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Quote:
The third season is complete. The fourth is coming. Yet HBO’s Game of Thrones faces a potentially complicated future. Below Thrones showrunners, author George R.R. Martin and HBO’s programming president talk to EW about how the hit series might navigate the franchise’s uniquely twisting road ahead. “There is a ticking clock here,” says writer-executive producer David Benioff.

Sunday’s finale cut off the action roughly two-thirds of the way through George R.R. Martin’s third Ice and Fire novel, A Storm of Swords. There’s two more books left unexplored (A Feast for Crows, A Dance With Dragons), which will present a few manageable adaptation challenges. Martin is working on his sixth book (The Winds of Winter) and plans a seventh (A Dream of Spring), but there’s no guarantee either will be ready in time for Thrones’ annual production schedule, or even that the seventh novel will be Martin’s last entry in the series.

Season four, at least, should be relatively straight-forward. Martin’s story provides a strong map for the near-term.

Adapting Feast is more tricky. While Book 3 is the runaway fan favorite of the Ice and Fire saga, Book 4 is considered the weakest. Feast included new characters and tangents while omitting some beloved names like Tyrion, Jon and Daenerys. Since the events in Book 5 largely overlap with Book 4, Thrones will start drawing heavily from both novels at the same time to maintain chronological consistency. Some elements of Book 4 could (and probably should) remain on the page for Thrones to continue effectively serving its sprawling universe of current storylines and characters.

“I don’t think we want to answer specifically what we’re keeping and dropping, but we do take your point,” Benioff said when asked about Book 4′s content. “The series has already reached a point where there are so many characters, particularly in season three we’re introducing so many new ones, we run the risk of bursting at the seams as we try to cram every single subplot and all the various characters and it becomes impossible on a budgetary level and it becomes impossible on an episode-basis to jump around every few minutes to 30 different characters and locations. We don’t want to do that, and recognize that as a real risk and we will take steps not to fall into that trap.”

Quipped Benioff’s fellow showrunner Dan Weiss: “Time for negative population growth.”

Of greater concern is the pace of books vs. seasons. It’s an issue that fans pointed out from the moment the show was greenlit and now even HBO is beginning to realize there could be an issue. Book 5 took Martin six years to write and it was released in 2011. “I finally understand fans’ fear — which I didn’t a couple years ago: What if the storytelling catches up to the books?,” says HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “Let’s all hope and pray that’s not going to be a problem”

Martin, for one, isn’t worried. The way the author sees it, producers have plenty of material to keep Thrones rolling. “I think the odds against that happening are very long,” Martin says when asked about the show catching up to his novels. “I still have a lead of several gigantic books. If they include everything in the books, I don’t think they’re going to catch up with me. If they do, we’ll have some interesting discussions.”

Martin points to Starz’ Spartacus, which interrupted its main storyline with a prequel season. As it so happens, Martin has discussed with HBO the possibility of developing a series based on his Hedge Knight books, which are prequels to Ice and Fire.

Yet HBO and Thrones producers are wary of stretching the series, for both monetary and creative reasons

“We can’t wait too long because of the kids,” Benioff says. “Issac’s [Hempsted Wright] voice is changing. Everyone is getting bigger. We have this wonderful cast, but we don’t have an infinite amount of time … We don’t want to become a show that outstays its welcome and tries to turn each book into three seasons. Part of what we love about these books and the show is this sense of momentum and building toward something. If we tried to turn this into a 10-season show we’d strangle the golden goose.”

Or behead it. Another potential hurdle is salary negotiations with the cast. This is normally not a huge deal, but Thrones has an extremely large cast (roughly 25 series regulars) and is very successful. If the cast held out for large raises once their contracts expire, their demands could shorten the show’s eventual lifespan. Lombardo is confident the production will clear this one.

“We’ve managed this before with successful shows like The Sopranos,” Lombardo says. “That’s a journey we’re ready for. When there’s great storytelling, actors will continue to want to perform their roles. The challenges here are more in the storytelling.”

If the production does reach a crux point — if the fifth or sixth season wraps, say, and there’s no new book on the shelf, well … you might then see some maneuvering that would impress even Tywin Lannister. Martin has told the showrunners his top-secret end-game plan for Ice and Fire, but wouldn’t be thrilled with the TV series progressing into that territory before he published his books. “I don’t think I’d be happy with that,” the author says. And neither would the producers. “We still have our fingers crossed that George will get there,” Weiss says. “That’s what’s best for us, it’s what’s best for the fans. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.” Adds Benioff: “Ideally the books come out first.”
There are alternative possible tactics to keep the show on track, too.

Thrones could take a hiatus to let Martin catch up. That would be very expensive, or very risky — TV shows are like sharks, they have to keep moving forward to survive. You either have to pay actors or release them from their contracts (showrunners too, for that matter). Once released, there’s no assurance HBO could book the show’s talent again (Josh Holloway as Jaime Lannister, anyone?).

A better option: Thrones could segue to periodic movies released into theaters. HBO would strongly prefer to keep Thrones on the small screen, however. “I would never say i wouldn’t make sense to explore it because that would be foolhardy,” Lombardo says. “We’re always open to a conversation, we’re always open to a smart way of doing something that’s true to the show and honors the fans. It would have to make sense for everybody — for HBO, for the fans and for the show. At this point, there’s no plans to do that.”

There’s been one report quoting a producer that Thrones aims for seven seasons, ultimately. That’s a nice number, but it’s by no means decided at this point.

And so everything comes back around to the person who started this saga — Martin. You feel reluctant to ask the author how far along he is on his new book. It’s such pestering question, one he’s asked constantly. Martin was besieged by fan impatience for years leading up to the publication of Dragons. Now that Thrones is a worldwide smash, that pressure has only magnified. Every online story posted on anything the man says is accompanied by fan comments demanding he get back to writing Ice and Fire. It’s like having an impatient editor who is pressing you to meet a deadline — only there’s millions of them.

Still, fair or not, you must ask too: So …. how’s that next book coming?

“I’ve given up answering that question,” says Martin, with only a hint of terseness. “I’m working on it and it will be done when it’s done. Hopefully it won’t be as long of a wait as the last book.”

Martin sounds pretty confident the saga will finish with the seventh book, though he still leaves open the possibility of an eighth. “I have a story to tell; the number of books is almost irrelevant,” he says. “I’ll do that in as many books as required. I’m still projecting it as seven.”

Keep in mind, as all point out, this books vs. seasons hand-wringing is still not an issue, and may never be one. Thrones has a good two or three years before any discussions along these lines would even need to hypothetically take place.

As of today, only one thing is certain. Ready or not, winter is coming.

Source

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/78559344.html#ixzz2WByqR5w2

Tyrion, Jon Snow and Daenerys not even in book 4????? farkkk.

Edited by iridium1010: 14/6/2013 10:24:44 PM
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

:lol:

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

lmao.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:

I've read up to book 5, and I can say book 3 (A storm of swords) was the most action-packed/interesting of the lot. Rest assured, there is plenty more excellent material for season 4.

Beyond that, I hope they condense books 4 and 5 into 1/1 and a half seasons. The plot is extremely slow, and not much happens until the end.

The reason why Tyrion, Jon and Daenerys are not in book 4 is because GRRM simply wrote too much. Instead of shortening his book, he just took multiple POV's out. They are in book 5.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

433 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

I've read up to book 5, and I can say book 3 (A storm of swords) was the most action-packed/interesting of the lot. Rest assured, there is plenty more excellent material for season 4.

Beyond that, I hope they condense books 4 and 5 into 1/1 and a half seasons. The plot is extremely slow, and not much happens until the end.

The reason why Tyrion, Jon and Daenerys are not in book 4 is because GRRM simply wrote too much. Instead of shortening his book, he just took multiple POV's out. They are in book 5.

I think there's enough in Books 4/5 for two seasons, but as long as they follow the actual timeline, not the way the books laid it out.
World Class

Funky Munky wrote:
433 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

I think there's enough in Books 4/5 for two seasons, but as long as they follow the actual timeline, not the way the books laid it out.

Yeah, I hope they cast the POVs together in books 4/5, and treat it like a massive book instead of two separate ones.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

433 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

g00d joke 433

World Class

TheSelectFew wrote:
433 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

g00d joke 433

My 11 year old brother types like that

Edited by 433: 14/6/2013 10:54:33 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Watched a different episode tonight. Fell asleep. 443 I bet your mum coming out the shower is entertaining for you.

World Class

TheSelectFew wrote:
Watched a different episode tonight. Fell asleep. 443 I bet your mum coming out the shower is entertaining for you.

How could you fall asleep with all those gratuitous sex scenes? :lol:

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

433 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

How could you fall asleep with all those gratuitous sex scenes? :lol:

Yeah quite surprising for a virgin teenager etc etc.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

BIGHUX
BIGHUX
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Days until Game of Thrones returns
This is so depressing
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

haha, good to hear 433.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

ugh 41 weeks.
Fourfiveone
Fourfiveone
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

There's something about a pregnant woman being repeatedly stabbed in the belly that really freaked me out, wasn't expecting that as she survives in the books.

This however made me giggle.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Meh the pregnancy didnt really bother me, just the fact it was a small knife getting repeatably stabbed into her.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search