Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Game of Thrones(TV Show spoilers)

Author
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Dan_The_Red - 3 Sep 2017 9:08 AM
The fat karnt will die before finishing the books so it's the best we've got.

Quite possibly but he has probably finished a version of Winds of Winter, not the final version, but one that could be released if he dropped dead tomorrow
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Gruen - 3 Sep 2017 10:29 PM
Dan_The_Red - 3 Sep 2017 9:08 AM

Quite possibly but he has probably finished a version of Winds of Winter, not the final version, but one that could be released if he dropped dead tomorrow

Do a Terry style and run over it with a steamroller rofl.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

for some recent gap filling been watching The Last Kingdom.

Love Football

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Finished binge watching the season today. I really thought we were going to see the end of Jamie Lannister a couple of times, but I'm glad he made it and Little finger didn't.

Can't help thinking Euron is just a Joffrey/Ramsay wannabe that isn't needed now we're in the endgame. The whole Greyjoy storyline could cease and the show would be better for it.
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Bump for obvious reason.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Crazy that there's only 5 eps left.

What a ham fisted rush to the finish.

-PB

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Sucks it’s so rushed, surely HBO has made enough to have given us some extra eps to conclude it properly.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

It's not HBO. It's Dan and Dave. Some of the eps will be 80 mins long too. So it all adds up to around 10 episodes in a standard season.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Burztur - 16 Apr 2019 8:10 PM
It's not HBO. It's Dan and Dave. Some of the eps will be 80 mins long too. So it all adds up to around 10 episodes in a standard season.

No, under 8 of a regular season. The average will be about 14 minutes longer per episode compared to previous seasons. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Even so, costs aside, surely they could have done another season.

Basically compressing 2 books into this season?

-PB

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 17 Apr 2019 7:08 PM
Even so, costs aside, surely they could have done another season.

Basically compressing 2 books into this season?

-PB

Two books in theory, although the ending in the TV series and the books, if they ever come out, might be completely different.
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class

Who do you think will be the price that was promised?
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Was I the only one who was dissapointed? Pretty over nearly every character, Jon Snow and Tyrion are alright but they've been neutered by the script, The Hound is there to just say 'cock', and Daenerys is an insipid c*nt who hasn't realised yet that she's a fucking war criminal. 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

marconi101 - 17 Apr 2019 9:28 PM
Was I the only one who was dissapointed? Pretty over nearly every character, Jon Snow and Tyrion are alright but they've been neutered by the script, The Hound is there to just say 'cock', and Daenerys is an insipid c*nt who hasn't realised yet that she's a fucking war criminal. 

Fanservice galore.

-PB

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

GRRM has said that his book ending will be similar but it could take 4-5 seasons to get there.

The show has gone downhill since they ran out of original content from the books. It’s still good and a high quality production but well short of the earlier seasons. Also, by simplifying the books to streamline for TV, they’ve lost a lot of the intricacies as the show progresses.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Burztur - 19 Apr 2019 1:47 AM
GRRM has said that his book ending will be similar but it could take 4-5 seasons to get there.The show has gone downhill since they ran out of original content from the books. It’s still good and a high quality production but well short of the earlier seasons. Also, by simplifying the books to streamline for TV, they’ve lost a lot of the intricacies as the show progresses.

Agree with this. Seasons 1-4 was masterpiece-level television. 5 and 6 were largely hit and miss with some brilliant episodes and some really forgettable ones.

Season 7 was, in my opinion, a massive drop in writing quality and series consistency re. Timelines and most importantly, consequences for main characters in when put in risky situations. 

Still a great show though and cant wait for Monday.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

That was fucking awful, the writing legitimately feels like fan fiction. 8 years of buildup and for that?

Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Yeh not impressed haha.

Fuck me, the fan theories for the world were better than the actual ep.

-PB

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Well I thought that was one of the greatest, if not THE greatest episode of the show. 

And I say this as someone who thought the show has declined massively. 

It was all worth it to get to tonight. Wow wow wow...

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 29 Apr 2019 10:27 PM
Well I thought that was one of the greatest, if not THE greatest episode of the show. 

And I say this as someone who thought the show has declined massively. 

It was all worth it to get to tonight. Wow wow wow...

Missed it. Is it worth the hype? Gonna watch it tomorrow after work
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class

Great episode, tho I agree with some people’s criticisms. Lighting was super dark, anyone watching not in blackened room would struggle to see anything.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Dan_The_Red
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 29 Apr 2019 10:32 PM

Up to you to decide for yourself I guess. I was shaking and on the verge of tears by the end but that's just me..

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

I honestly reckon the Dorne plotline was better than the garbage tossed up. That ending absolutely killed all the interest I had in the show - all the lore, mysticism, prophecies, cool theories on the nature of Bran and the White Walkers all and how Jon fits into everything, all down the drain. 

Yeah the spectacle was great, but when you go and analyse the storyline you realise nothing makes sense and nothing was answered or provided an explanation for, extremely unsatisfying. I hope the books go a different route. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

heck its a series, it all doesn't have to make sense - its light entertainment.
Agree SFC1987, great one to watch.
I think its a hoot now after all the wipe out of white walkers, great characters etcetcetc its now spunky bitch Cersi standing as the last war lol......

Love Football

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

433 - 29 Apr 2019 10:53 PM

I honestly reckon the Dorne plotline was better than the garbage tossed up. That ending absolutely killed all the interest I had in the show - all the lore, mysticism, prophecies, cool theories on the nature of Bran and the White Walkers all and how Jon fits into everything, all down the drain. 

Yeah the spectacle was great, but when you go and analyse the storyline you realise nothing makes sense and nothing was answered or provided an explanation for, extremely unsatisfying. I hope the books go a different route. 

Keep in mind there are three more 80 minute episodes to go. Lets just see what happens first. I'll be pretty surprised if thats the end of Bran's story. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Burztur
Burztur
World Class

Some of the worst on field tactics I’ve seen.

Good ep for what it is. A crazy battle with a lot of character but you’d think they would have planned the defence much better.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Burztur - 30 Apr 2019 7:36 AM
Some of the worst on field tactics I’ve seen.Good ep for what it is. A crazy battle with a lot of character but you’d think they would have planned the defence much better.

I agree with what a lot of (non one eyed) fans have said, 10/10 directing, music, action, CGI, acting, 2/10 story/plot.

-PB

World Class

paulbagzFC - 30 Apr 2019 4:20 PM

I agree with what a lot of (non one eyed) fans have said, 10/10 directing, music, action, CGI, acting, 2/10 story/plot.

-PB

As a spectacle no doubt it's the greatest thing ever seen on TV, just a shame that the story has gone to pieces over the past few seasons. 
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Some of the worst on field tactics I’ve seen.Good ep for what it is. A crazy battle with a lot of character but you’d think they would have planned the defence much better.

It made for a great scene but horsemen running headlong into an enemy force they can't see is peak stupidity. Jon Snow makes the same mistake he did in the Battle of the Bastards - playing his hand early in a stupid example of bravery only to be rescued by the plot (or in this case, dragons). If he or Dany knew how to use cavalry they would flank the enemy force and use the night and their mobility to their advantage. They also could have held them up more if the Unsullied held behind the trench, lit it upon their charge and then used the dragons to raise hell, whilst deploying the Dothraki on the flanks for raiding attacks. However, Tyrion was in the crypt so idiotic attacks were expected. 

I loved the episode but how the hell can Arya sneak up and jump up to the Night King considering a) there are dead people AND his generals all looking at him and, b) Arya is small as fuck, she would need a serious run-up running through snow to get that momentum (I mean was she in the fucking tree the whole time? It was a great scene but was TLJ-level writing). 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search