Palmer, Clive

Palmer, Clive

Author
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:

Billionaire Clive Palmer lashes out over mining audit order, comparing Liberal National Party LNP to "Nazis"

Clive Palmer addresses Queensland's LNP conference in July. Picture: Annette Dew Source: The Courier-Mail

OUTSPOKEN billionaire and LNP donor Clive Palmer has compared members of the party's hierarchy to Nazis in an insult likely to inflame an already tense situation.

Internal divisions in the LNP deepened yesterday as the mining magnate took aim, and Gold Coast MP Alex Douglas dragged Premier Campbell Newman into the fray by demanding he intervene in a dispute between MPs.

Mr Palmer's LNP life membership was suspended on Friday following a blistering attack in which he called for the removal of Deputy Premier Jeff Seeney and Treasurer Tim Nicholls and claimed "crooks" in Cabinet had cooked the books to exaggerate the state deficit.

Mr Palmer said his suspension was punishment for lodging a complaint with the LNP just hours earlier against Mr Seeney.

The entrepreneur, who has lodged legal action against Mr Seeney and the Co-ordinator General over the rejection of his Waratah Coal project as a preferred tenderer for a multibillion-dollar mine/rail/port development in central Queensland, accused Mr Seeney of bullying by ordering an audit of his mining operations.

He described the action as a misuse of power comparable to the disregard Nazis held for the courts in the lead-up to World War II.

"It was extraordinary to me that any government in Australia would use stormtrooper tactics to get at a person just because they have gone to court to get a decision," Mr Palmer said.

"By suspending me, they don't have to deal with the issues I've raised."

It also prevented him from lodging further complaints that the Newman Government was introducing policies that had not been passed by the party conference.

"I support the LNP and its policies, but not policies which have not been endorsed by the party. I did not join the Campbell Newman Party."

SHOWDOWN: Queensland Premier Campbell Newman has been dragged into the fray between the Liberal National Party and billionaire Clive Palmer.

The decision to suspend Mr Palmer with immediate effect was made by the LNP's four-member president's committee, pending a final ruling at the party's executive meeting on November 23.

The entrepreneur yesterday said he had no regrets over his actions and said his phone had not stopped ringing with calls of support, including from two Government ministers and 17 backbench MPs "expressing outrage at how I've been treated".

He said his intention was "not to split the party, but fix it" and encouraged the "10,000 good people in the LNP" to make their feelings known to the state executive.

A spokesman for Premier Campbell Newman dismissed the comments, saying: "I will not be distracted by a billionaire's media antics" and would focus on "serious issues like rebuilding the economy and creating jobs for families."

http://www.news.com.au/national/billionaire-clive-palmer-lashes-out-over-mining-audit-order-comparing-liberal-national-party-lnp-to-nazis/story-fndo4ckr-1226514345865
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The man definitely knows how to make friends...
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Quote:
Clive Palmer quits LNP within hours of being reinstated by party

HAPPIER TIMES: Clive Palmer addresses Queensland's LNP conference. Picture: Annette Dew Source: The Courier-Mail

CLIVE Palmer tonight quit the LNP after a dramatic few hours in which the outspoken life member, who had been suspended from the party, was reinstated.

The Courier-Mail understands lawyers for the LNP and for Mr Palmer exchanged letters tonight, ending the billionaire's tumultuous relationship with the party he has been associated with for more than 40 years.

In two surprise moves, the party reinstated Mr Palmer who then resigned.

``I'm very sad to see Professor Palmer go from the LNP but I'm sure that he will support our side of politics in the future,'' LNP state president Bruce McIver said.

``When Professor Palmer is through his business-interest issues, it would be nice to see him come back into the party he's belonged to and served so faithfully for many years.''

Mr Palmer's public battle with the LNP parliamentary wing has taken a toll on the party, which is also fending off criticism on a separate front as some ministers continue to be embroiled in controversy.

Mr Palmer was suspended by the LNP on November 9 after he publicly attacked the LNP Government's leadership and demanded Deputy Premier Jeff Seeney and Treasurer Tim Nicholls be removed.

``These books have been cooked by the biggest crooks that have ever occupied office in the state of Queensland," Mr Palmer told a press conference before his suspension.

The party was due to decide on his membership at a state executive meeting today.

Mr Palmer had previously labelled his suspension undemocratic and vowed to fight.

But the resignation is unlikely to silence Mr Palmer as he continues his crusade against the leadership of the parliamentary wing, including railing against the rejection of his Waratah Coal project as a preferred tenderer for a multi-billion-dollar development.

The mining magnate is also unhappy with Mr Seeney's decision to order an audit of his mining operations, likening it to ``stormtrooper tactics''.

Mr Palmer had previously been one of Premier Campbell Newman's biggest supporters and one of the party's biggest donors, helping it capitalise on its resurgence in Queensland.

But the relationship quickly soured once the LNP took office following its landslide win at the March election.

In August, Mr Palmer donated to a union fund to help sacked public servants, appearing at a press conference with Together secretary Alex Scott.

He earned an instant rebuke from Mr Seeney.

``Hell hath no fury like a billionaire scorned,'' the Deputy Premier said at the time.

Mr Newman accused Mr Palmer of trying to bully his Government over his plans for a $2.5 billion tourism development on the Sunshine Coast.

``Well, Mr Palmer has sought to use his contacts in the LNP to lobby myself, the Deputy Premier, members of the Cabinet, over some of his proposals which frankly are inappropriate,'' he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/clive-palmer-quits-lnp-within-hours-of-being-reinstated-by-party/story-fndo4ckr-1226522355647
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Quote:
Palmer's Titanic gamble talked up in New York

Clive Palmer gives an update on the progress of his Titanic II ship construction.

FLAMBOYANT Australian tycoon Clive Palmer unveiled his plan for building a perfect replica of the Titanic - plus a lot of extra lifeboats.
More than a century after the original, supposedly unsinkable ocean liner hit an iceberg and went down in the North Atlantic, Palmer thinks the time has come to complete the unfinished journey to New York.

"The Titanic was the ship of dreams. Titanic II is the ship where dreams will come true," Mr Palmer said in New York at the project's official launch.

Featuring the same rigid divisions as in 1912 between first, second and third class, passengers will eat either in an ornate dining room or at a long common table. "There'll be no mingling" between classes, Mr Palmer said.

Passengers in the luxury section will enjoy the identical grand staircase and reproductions of the original Titanic's Turkish bath and swimming pool.

Rebuffing public skepticism about the project, Mr Palmer said a contract could be signed with China's CSC Jinling Shipyard within days, with construction starting by the end of this year and the launch in 2016. He wouldn't say what it will all cost.

"Certain people, certain individuals spend too much time in the pub or the bar saying, 'Oh that will never happen,'" he said. Mr Palmer refused to give the estimated cost, saying bluntly: "I'm funding this myself because I want to spend the money I've got before I die."

A larger than life character who has made a fortune in mining, Mr Palmer said he was unfazed by the seeming temptation of fate in giving one of the unluckiest shipping projects in history a second chance. "I'm not too superstitious," he said.
Titanic II will closely resemble the original, although with important modifications, including a slightly wider hull and an extra layer of decking.
Passengers will be provided with period costumes appropriate to their class of ticket, Mr Palmer said, joking that he will be in third class. "That's where the fun's going to be."
One modification that Mr Palmer underlined is a vast improvement in the lifeboats, which were insufficient on the original ship, contributing to the loss of more than 1500 people when it sank in icy waters.
Mr Palmer said this time the ship would exceed regulatory requirements with top-of-the-range lifeboats that are "very safe."
"You could go round the world in them if you wanted," he said.
But he wouldn't fall into the trap of echoing the "unsinkable" claim.
"It would be very cavalier to say anything like that. I think people have said that in the past," Mr Palmer deadpanned.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/palmers-titanic-gamble-talked-up-in-new-york/story-e6frfq80-1226586458693#ixzz2M2iKlMU3

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Quote:
But he wouldn't fall into the trap of echoing the "unsinkable" claim.
"It would be very cavalier to say anything like that. I think people have said that in the past," Mr Palmer deadpanned.

About as cavalier as saying your football team will win the premiership, undefeated :roll:
SomethingClever
SomethingClever
Amateur
Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)Amateur (711 reputation)

StiflersMom wrote:
Quote:
A larger than life character who has made a fortune in mining

They got that part right :lol:

Edited by SomethingClever: 27/2/2013 08:44:58 AM
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Quote:
No teething troubles for Clive Palmer's dino park
One of Clive Palmer's dinosaurs.

THE world's biggest dinosaur park, dubbed Palmersauria, will roar to life sooner than expected on the Sunshine Coast.
The dream of eccentric mining billionaire Clive Palmer, the attraction is coming together in the grounds of the Palmer Coolum Resort.
It features more than 150 replica animatronic prehistoric creatures, imported from China.
Resort general manager Bill Schoch said while an official name had not been settled on, there was little doubt "Palmer" would be in the title, building on a brand that already included Palmer Resort, Palmer Golf, Palmer Grill and Palmer Motorama vintage car museum.
All of the creatures can make sounds and some will move, such as "Jeff" the resort's towering T. rex.
Airborne dinosaurs will swoop down on a flying fox, while a canopy walk will provide a unique perspective.

COURSE HAZARD: Clive Palmer's dinosaur on the golf course at Coolum.

"There is some paperwork to finalise with council, but we will now be able to get it up and going much quicker than previously thought. I would say within six months to be safe, but it should be sooner," Mr Schoch said.
"This will be unique in the world and provide a very up close and personal experience. I think it will create lasting memories for children and families.
"Some dinosaurs may look ferocious, but touch them and they are as cuddly as a koala."
Mr Palmer, known for his hands-on approach to projects, personally put in stakes with photographs across the site last weekend to show workers where he wanted certain dinosaurs to be placed.
Mr Schoch said there would be an educational guide to the creatures and a souvenir shop.
There would also be a fence "to keep the dinosaurs in".

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/travel/news/no-teething-troubles-for-clive-palmers-dino-park/story-e6frfq80-1226598919235#ixzz2NjmGRXpH

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Quote:
Clive Palmer running for Federal Parliament, says he wants to be PM

Clive Palmer announces his run for Federal Parliament saying he wants to be prime minister. Picture: Mark Calleja

BILLIONAIRE miner Clive Palmer says he will contest the seat of Fairfax on the Sunshine Coast and wants to be prime minister.
Mr Palmer launched his United Australia Party this morning and said candidates would run in all 150 lower house seats.
"I’m running to be the prime minister of Australia," Mr Palmer said.
"I am standing because I think I can offer better service to the community than anyone else."
Mr Palmer said he had "made enough wealth" and was seeking to enter parliament at the September 14 election because he wanted to "serve the Australian people".
"Now is the time for Australia to claim back itself," he said.
Mr Palmer said there was very little difference between the Labor and Liberal parties.
"I am fed up with watching television and seeing Tony Abbott who is no different to Julia Gillard," he said.

Mr Palmer said over coming weeks "major figures in politics, in this nation’s history" would join his party.
"They will make a courageous stand to get government back for the people," he said.
He said the UAP was not intended to compete with Bob Katter’s Australia Party.
"We are not there to offer or to compete with the Katter party we are there to change the government of this nation and that’s the reason we are standing."
Palmer's run labelled a 'stunt'
Former prime minister Kevin Rudd, a Queensland MP, said he was surprised that Mr Palmer had waited until just five months before the September poll to unveil his true intentions.
"Anyone in Australia can stick their hand up and have a go, it’s democracy," Mr Rudd told the Seven Network’s Sunrise program.
"But the thing with Clive is why on earth are you doing it now? If you are going to run and you are going to put a lot of money in behind your campaign, at least the Australian people have the right to put you under some scrutiny about what policies you would take to an election and whether they should be supported or not.
“I think this last minute stunt like Clive has got in mind is not good because people want to know what you would change."
Mr Palmer, the founder of Queensland resource giant Mineralogy, has previously been a massive donor to the Liberal National Party, but relinquished his membership last year due to differences.
Last night he confirmed he would seek to re-form the United Australia Party, which was dissolved in 1945.
The former life member of the Liberal National Party said the new UAP would contest 127 lower house seats in the September federal election, and stand for all seats in the Senate.
Julia Gillard this morning lashed Mr Palmer for claiming neither big political party cared about indigenous infant mortality.
"That claim is complete rubbish from Mr Palmer," the Prime Minister told ABC Radio in Darwin.
"We’ve been very focused on indigenous mortality rates, child mortality … so the facts are always good to acquaint yourself with and I suggest Mr Palmer acquaint himself with those facts."
On Mr Palmer’s plan to enter politics, Ms Gillard said it was a matter entirely for him.
"It’s all a question for Mr Palmer and the appropriate party registration processes," she said.
Mr Palmer said he would run for a Queensland-based seat but has not confirmed which one.
Last year he said he would seek LNP pre-selection in Wayne Swan’s Brisbane-based electorate of Lilley, but pulled out at the last minute. He has also nominated Mr Rudd’s electorate of Griffith and Bob Katter’s seat of Kennedy.
This morning Mr Swan said Labor would never "bow to vested interests like Mr Palmer". He said Mr Palmer was only seeking to enter politics because he was "pretty upset that he doesn’t control LNP".
Opposition treasury spokesman Joe Hockey said Mr Palmer was a "fairly unique individual".
"He is out there in his own orbit and he is entitled to that place," Mr Hockey said.
"I’m with Kevin, I want to see his policy."
Deputy Liberal Leader Julie Bishop said Mr Palmer was entitled to put his hand up for election, but that if voters wanted real change they should vote for the Coalition on September 14.
"I welcome a contest of ideas," she said.
Palmer seeks to crush "Uniting Australia Party"
Mr Palmer has promised to crush an attempt by the "Uniting Australia Party" to register with the Australian Electoral Commission and has until May 24 to dispute its claim to the similar-sounding name.
But his fury is unlikely to move the Australian Electoral Commission, given that his own party is yet to appear on the register of parties.
Mr Palmer - whose nephew Blair Brewster last year trademarked the United Australia Party - says he will "absolutely" lodge an objection on the basis of the similarity between the two names, despite only learning of the new party on Wednesday when contacted by The Courier-Mail.
"They can't do that because we've got the trademark for the United Australia Party and we'll object to it," he said.
But the trademark may not be enough to convince the AEC to reject the name, which would leave Mr Palmer until only May 13 to lodge an application for a new name for the September Federal election.
Mr Palmer's proposed United Australia Party does not appear on the AEC's Current Register of Political Parties.
Meanwhile, the Uniting Australia Party, registered by Daniel Watt of Daisy Hill and nine other party members, lists preventing the sale of farming land to "non-nationals" as its top priority.
It also aims to "stop the lifelong perks of ex-prime ministers and MPs".
Secretary John Smith said the party had already amassed 700 members and planned to enter four candidates in the Queensland senate race, and candidates were being sought for a possible push for Lower House seats.
Mr Smith, who said the party had "nothing to do with Clive Palmer", said he was confident the billionaire's objection would not be upheld by the AEC.
"There's no stoush over the name as far as the electoral commission is concerned," he said.
"There was a worry if he had registered it with the AEC, then we probably wouldn't have been able to use it. But he's not a registered party."
Prior to the state election, Bob Katter was forced to drop "The Australian Party" as an abbreviation for his party as it sounded too similar to other names bearing the word "Australian".
An AEC spokesman declined to comment on the dispute.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/clive-palmers-political-party-under-threat-of-hijacking/story-fncynjr2-1226629545317#ixzz2RWpcRZQU

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He is just so loose.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Grade A Mad (unt.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

blacka
blacka
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Geez he's a bit late on the foreign land ownership thing....hard to know where to place the guy on any policy really. Seems like he just wants his own sandpit to play in after getting snubbed by the liberals.

Good for him though...better off being able to be a loose cannon...the major parties were only ever going to take his coin and feather the guys balls to keep the cheques coming. Look forward to plenty of amusingly terrible fonts! Guy needs better design staff.

blacka
blacka
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Assange will bring some sort of 'sexy' ;)

Thin on policy though...seems to be pitching as some vague 'transparency' thing...which is nice enough tho would be good to see some more details. They may actually pick up a couple of senate seats.

macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

RedKat wrote:
Palmer, Gillard, Milne, Abbott.

I dont know which is the smallest evil.

*prays for sexy party candidate in electorate.*

Well, Gillard really.

Greens are nutjobs. No way you'd elect them.

Abbott, psycho, vacuous half-wit with no policies beyond three word slogans, with an indication his policies will result in little more than trying to create a dystopian corporatocracy for the benefit of News Limited and the mining companies.

Palmer, lol. I'd rather not take the risk of a GCU job on the entire nation.

Gillard... at least they've got policies.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

The Dark Katter Rises.

In Parliament this coming September.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Desperate to be taken seriously, isn't he.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

blacka
blacka
Pro

Well as far as Abbott v Gillard on policy details...id agree the libs are still relying on over arching statements this far out from sept....but at a philosophic level the Libs and Labor at least should have a major difference in the amount of govt intervention they'd want at all.

Labor being the party of believing govt to have the answer to everything...the Libs in theory should be pursuing private sector approaches and a Minarchist style of governing.

As far as corporatocracies go, both parties do that...the existence of industry assistance/bailouts, red tape, high minimum wages, unions...all these things make it harder for new entrepreneurs to establish themselves. This only serves the interests of corporates. So really both Labor and Libs are guilty of this. Its no wonder our small biz failure rates are so high. The current system across the board protects larger established outfits.

Id vote Libs just out of a hope they may live up to their assumed role of trimming the public sector and freeing up business to be able to provide a higher proportion of employment in australia. The worst thing for wealth creation is to have the public sector be so much at the centre of driving the country forward. People make the mistake of thinking taking more from the private sector and coralling it govt expenditure is a good thing. It just isnt in the long run...

WaMackie
WaMackie
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I'm embarrassed that this bloke comes from my State. Grant Kenny is another one who embarrasses me as a Qld'er.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

WaMackie wrote:
I'm embarrassed that this bloke comes from my State. Grant Kenny is another one who embarrasses me as a Qld'er.

I must have missed something, whats Grant Kenny done that's so bad?
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Quote:
Sitting MPs to join federal candidate Clive Palmer's party

BILLIONAIRE federal candidate Clive Palmer said that by tomorrow, two or more current sitting MPs will defect to his party ahead of the election.
Mr Palmer told journalists today that he will run a candidate in every lower house seat, with two or more being current sitting MPs.
He also revealed his Queensland office was broken into last night, and he claims it is part of a political conspiracy.
More to come

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/sitting-mps-to-join-federal-candidate-clive-palmers-party/story-e6frfkp9-1226631444557#ixzz2RooB2Qm8

blacka
blacka
Pro

Current sitting federal MPs ? I assumed he had just picked up some qld state mps or somethin...

Maybe Craig Thomson is running for them in Dobell!

They should consider trimming down the idea for running in every lower house seat. I know he has the cash to cover it but they will end up with some dregs, liability candidates ...unless they parachute in a bunch of pre-screened people.

Hoff
Hoff
Fan
Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)Fan (73 reputation)

Clive Palmer is the hero qld deserves. What a fucking patriot. WA gets gina cunthart and we get Clive suck it sandgropers
blacka
blacka
Pro

Wow i am finally finding some common ground with u Hoff...dont mind Clive on some issues...if he were a real libertarian in the Ron Paul mould i'd be right in there! Could be a work in progress that guy, has potential...

Edited by blacka: 1/5/2013 11:10:47 AM
No12
No12
Hacker
Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)

macktheknife wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Palmer, Gillard, Milne, Abbott.

I dont know which is the smallest evil.

*prays for sexy party candidate in electorate.*

Well, Gillard really.

Greens are nutjobs. No way you'd elect them.

Abbott, psycho, vacuous half-wit with no policies beyond three word slogans, with an indication his policies will result in little more than trying to create a dystopian corporatocracy for the benefit of News Limited and the mining companies.

Palmer, lol. I'd rather not take the risk of a GCU job on the entire nation.

Gillard... at least they've got policies.

Gillard has two types of policies:

1/ Broken ones
&
2/ More taxes

How about this education policy: Take 2.6 billion out of Universities and give it to primary and secondary public schools.
To all die hart Labor Uni-student supporters, you are all pretty quiet about this one.

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Quote:
Peter Slipper joins Clive Palmer's United Australia Party

New recruit: Former Speaker Peter Slipper is joining Clive Palmer's party. Picture: Gary Ramage
FORMER Parliamentary Speaker and ex-Liberal MP-turned independent Peter Slipper has joined billionaire Clive Palmer's United Australia Party.
Mr Palmer today confirmed Mr Slipper had applied to become a member of the Party - and his application had been accepted.
But Mr Slipper won't be standing for the seat of Fisher.
A United Australia Party statement said Bill Schoch - Mr Palmer's Coolum Resort manager - remained the Party’s endorsed candidate for Fisher in the next Federal election.

Peter Slipper has joined Clive Palmer's United Australia Party. Picture: Mark Calleja

The statement said: "United Australia Party Secretary and endorsed candidate for the seat of Dickson Clive Mensink said the United Australia Party was an open and inclusive party that welcomed members from all political, social and economic backgrounds."
“The United Australia Party is about delivering common sense policies to the nation,” the statement said.
Mr Palmer said the Party wanted to create more jobs and build a stronger economy.
“Taxes need to be reduced to stimulate growth in the economy and restore consumer and business confidence.

The rot has to be stopped.”

United Australia Party intends to field candidates in all seats at the September 14 election.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/peter-slipper-joins-clive-palmers-united-australia-party/story-e6frfkp9-1226639861716#ixzz2SyAdzYgY

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

RedKat wrote:
Mirrors the 'signings' Palmer made for his Football Australia; discarged idiots that nobody likes in an attempt to gain 'authenticity'

This party wont exist by the elections, much like Football Australia didnt exist at crunch time.

But: http://unitedaustralia.org/join-uap/

Damn you, I looked at his policies, clearly they are written to benefit him and his interests.

Quote:

Palmer United Party stands for and is committed in its efforts and vision to carry out the following functions:

Party Officials should not be Lobbyists, thereby taking a strong position on Paid Political Lobbyists saving tax payers dollars and introducing Fair Policies

Abolish Carbon Tax

Revising the current Australian Governments Refugee Policy to ensure Australia is protected and refugees are given opportunities for a better future and lifestyle

Creating Mineral Wealth to continuously contribute to the welfare of the Australian community. This will be achieved by utilising mineral resources from Queensland and Western Australia, and incentives from the Commonwealth of Australia to establish downstream processing in the States of Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia ; and exporting products at a higher dollar value, thereby creating more revenue , jobs, tax and more facilities.

Establishing a System where people create wealth in various parts of the country and for that wealth should flow back to the Community. For example, if the region creates wealth it should go back to the community. This way we develop the whole country and not just Sydney and Melbourne, but we develop right across Australia where the wealth is.

http://unitedaustralia.org/policies/

Edited by StiflersMom: 11/5/2013 07:09:43 PM
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Clive Palmer's United Australia Party rejects Peter Slipper's membership

Brittany Vonow From: The Sunday Mail (Qld) May 11, 2013 9:59PM
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email

SLIPPER THE FIRST FEDERAL MP TO JOIN UAPClive Palmer's United Australia Party now counts former parliamentary speaker Peter Slipper as a member.(0:39 / 694.9KB)
PETER Slipper's membership with Clive Palmer's United Australia Party has "ceased" only hours after it was announced he had joined

The party posted an announcement on its website tonight saying founding members had made the decision, barely five hours after announcing Slipper had been accepted.

"Under clause D26 of the constitution of the party, a majority of foundation members have decided that the membership for Peter Slipper has ceased forthwith," the statement said.

UAP member Alex Douglas, who officially joined the billionaire's party barely two weeks ago, tweeted the news tonight.

"Peter Slipper has had his membership rejected by a majority of the founding members through the constitution of the UAP," he said.
Fellow UAP MP Carl Judge also shared the news.

"UAP Executive have promptly disallowed/rejected membership of Peter Slipper. Federal Leader Clive Palmer will be making more announcements."

Earlier today The Courier-Mail reported that Mr Palmer confirmed Mr Slipper had applied to become a member of the Party - and his application had been accepted.

A United Australia Party statement said Bill Schoch - Mr Palmer's Coolum Resort manager - remained the Party’s endorsed candidate for Fisher in the next Federal election.

The statement said: "United Australia Party Secretary and endorsed candidate for the seat of Dickson Clive Mensink said the United Australia Party was an open and inclusive party that welcomed members from all political, social and economic backgrounds."

“The United Australia Party is about delivering common sense policies to the nation,” the statement said.

Mr Palmer said the Party wanted to create more jobs and build a stronger economy.

“Taxes need to be reduced to stimulate growth in the economy and restore consumer and business confidence.

United Australia Party intends to field candidates in all seats at the September 14 election.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/peter-slipper-joins-clive-palmers-united-australia-party/story-e6frf7jo-1226639861716
ozboy
ozboy
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Joffa wrote:

Greed, greed, greed.
We have it pretty fuckin good in this country.

Edited by ozboy: 12/5/2013 06:45:43 AM
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

UAP renamed as Palmer United Party
Date
May 12, 2013 - 10:30AM

Clive Palmer has changed the name of his political party less than three weeks after it was formed.

The billionaire businessman announced on Sunday his United Australia Party will now be known as the Palmer United Party, to avoid a legal battle with the Australian Electoral Commission.

A group of Brisbanites has already applied to register the Uniting Australia Party, and AEC rules say a new party can be knocked back if it can be mistaken for a ‘‘recognised political party’’.

Mr Palmer has until Monday to register his Palmer United Party with the AEC in time for the September 14 federal election.

He has already trademarked the UAP name but now insists his party’s platform is more important than its name.

And he now has some sympathy for federal MP Bob Katter, who faced similar hurdles when registering the name of Katter’s Australian Party.

‘‘What we stand for is far more important than our name,’’ Mr Palmer said in a statement.

‘‘So many groups are trying to stop and undermine the party efforts to provide good government.

‘‘I now understand the practical hurdles that Bob Katter and his party faced.

‘‘People should not be destroyed because they are offering to serve the country.’’

He pledged to reform the AEC if he’s elected prime minister to allow for parties and candidates ‘‘to be encouraged to stand at election rather than to be discouraged by the act to participate in our democracy’’.

The Palmer United Party will announce its Queensland Senate team later this week and aims to stand candidates in all seats in the coming federal election.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/uap-renamed-as-palmer-united-party-20130512-2jfml.html#ixzz2T2CDxKh4
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Apart from himself and his immediate family will this guy even register a single vote?
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Gaz wants in.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search