Exercise and Workout thread!

Exercise and Workout thread!

Author
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
notorganic wrote:
Sweetie,oh my!

You just wish your missus called you Sweetie, rather than: Stop playing FM dickhead! :lol:

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Haha, it's funny you say that. Someone at the club the other day mentioned that he didn't think that my wife and I spoke to each other like a married couple over the phone, but more like acquaintances.

I said that he would understand one day.
ual
ual
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Would anyone be interested in seeing a ~9 month before/after progress of myself (no homo)?
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

ual wrote:
Would anyone be interested in seeing a ~9 month before/after progress of myself (no homo)?

Sure :)
ual
ual
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

I'll post em up either after work or tomorrow :)
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Cool. What kind of progress is it?
ual
ual
Pro

Muscle gain, from 67kg in March to 75kg now :D It seems shallow but I'm really proud of how far I've come and I haven't felt properly good about myself for a looong time.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

ual wrote:
Muscle gain, from 67kg in March to 75kg now :D It seems shallow but I'm really proud of how far I've come and I haven't felt properly good about myself for a looong time.

I don't know what's normal for men, but wow, that's really awesome! Good for you for being proud of it :)
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Hey guise, I need to get jacked/ripped/shredded/whatevz so that bitches will be all over me like flys on a turd.

I need a midsection that'll make KiwiChick talk with a stutter.

Ideas?

notorganic, hook a brotha up with some supplemental supliments?

P.S. Not really into natural/organic/herbicide free tea or nothing, don't wanna go too extreme.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

ual
ual
Pro

K, so here's what I looked like in March (this pic was taken earlier than that but I looked exactly the same):

And here's me 9-ish months later, pic taken yesterday:

Unfortunately I don't have a "before" topless selfie, and I cbf rotating the "after", but you get the idea :lol:
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

Wow.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

Just....wow.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

See!

She's stuttering!

That's what I want to achieve!

Impart thy wisdom on me ual.

-PB

leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

OK, someone get the mop on isle 3 we have some kiwi drool on the floor...

Great transformation btw ual, I started getting into the free weights at about 18 and I found it really gave me an edge on the soccer pitch. If you play you'll definitely notice a strength advantage. Remember though it's nice to have a strong upper body but you dont want to ignore your legs. Nothing worse than seeing good upper strength coupled with chicken legs. Get into the squats if you haven't already. Kettle bell work outs are a good to break everything up occasionally.
ual
ual
Pro

leftrightout wrote:
OK, someone get the mop on isle 3 we have some kiwi drool on the floor...

Great transformation btw ual, I started getting into the free weights at about 18 and I found it really gave me an edge on the soccer pitch. If you play you'll definitely notice a strength advantage. Remember though it's nice to have a strong upper body but you dont want to ignore your legs. Nothing worse than seeing good upper strength coupled with chicken legs. Get into the squats if you haven't already. Kettle bell work outs are a good to break everything up occasionally.

Trust me, I do leg work :) I've actually got really strong legs even though they don't look huge. I owe that to riding my bike around all day every day when I was younger :lol:

PB: If you want, PM me questions and all that jazz and I'll tell you what I did/do etc. etc. Not everyone's the same though so don't just copy what I do exactly lol.
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:
Diet is the most important factor though. Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Yep. I'll never forget this borderline obese bird at the gym. After 12 months on the treadmill/bike she was about as fat as when she first started :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sir are a moron

I've been that obese woman & it's taken 2 years to lose not a lot - had to stop due to my grandad moving in & switching from casual work with gym time on my hands to full time with ***** all time so I'm heading back.

I liken it to quitting smoking - most I know tried multiple times before found what's worked

Apart from idiots like you not knowing how long it takes too lose weight, bringing people like me down being a deterrent for anyone to set foot in a gym, the amount of information and bullshit weight loss diet secrets out the is enough to make your head spin!

I'm going to have by the looks of it the time for two gym sessions per week ( at night ) I don't have much space at home to do a lot either...

Edited by unitedgal: 6/12/2012 11:21:50 AM
ual
ual
Pro

UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:
Diet is the most important factor though. Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Yep. I'll never forget this borderline obese bird at the gym. After 12 months on the treadmill/bike she was about as fat as when she first started :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sir are a moron

I've been that obese woman & it's taken 2 years to lose not a lot - had to stop due to my grandad moving in & switching from casual work with gym time on my hands to full time with ***** all time so I'm heading back.

I liken it to quitting smoking - most I know tried multiple times before found what's worked

Apart from idiots like you not knowing how long it takes too lose weight, bringing people like me down being a deterrent for anyone to set foot in a gym, the amount of information and bullshit weight loss diet secrets out the is enough to make your head spin!

Losing weight is so much harder for people who are already overweight, unfortunately. This is because when gaining fat the cells swell and multiply quickly, but when losing it they shrink and tend not to actually disappear - so they're always there but smaller, and it's a lot easier to load these cells back up than it is to destroy them.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

Okay seriously;

1) Your ex cheated on you?! Fuck, that bitch must be crazy!

2) Didn't you say something was wrong with your ribs? I see no problem

Sorry, I probably sound creepy :lol:
ual
ual
Pro

KiwiChick1 wrote:
Okay seriously;

1) Your ex cheated on you?! Fuck, that bitch must be crazy!

2) Didn't you say something was wrong with your ribs? I see no problem

Sorry, I probably sound creepy :lol:

1) Yes, she did. Dat bitch cray. I'm over her now so I ain't even mad.

2) My ribs have gotten a lot less noticeable since I've started really smashing my core. I'm not going after the surgery any more. I also think it was made worse in my head due to depression but I'm slowly but surely getting over that now.
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Double post

Edited by unitedgal: 6/12/2012 11:31:27 AM
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

ual wrote:
UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:

You sir are a moron

Losing weight is so much harder for people who are already overweight, unfortunately. This is because when gaining fat the cells swell and multiply quickly, but when losing it they shrink and tend not to actually disappear - so they're always there but smaller, and it's a lot easier to load these cells back up than it is to destroy them.

This.

Diet also is a load of shit. Just eat normally and normally is, if your ancestors cant recognise it as food than don't eat it. Stay away from all processed sugary foods. Sugar is public enemy number 1. It is highly addictive. It's ok to indulge once in a blue moon but during the working week stay strong.
ual
ual
Pro

UnitedGal wrote:
ual wrote:
UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:

You sir are a moron

Been a big kid all my life (plus needing glasses as well in a primary school & an all girls high school and you have a recipe for disaster)

I also wonder if my actual weight my body suppose to be is higher than others so I can only lose x amount....something I've read on before & I can't remember the exact term for it

Other problem i have is I used to be a checkout chick & my backs never been the same since - so whatever I do needs to not make my back worse

Edited by unitedgal: 6/12/2012 11:28:41 AM

Edited by unitedgal: 6/12/2012 11:29:57 AM

If you wanna lose weight, really the best thing to do is learn about basic nutrition first and foremost (as soon as a "diet" says eliminate carbs, run away as fast as you can) and just start walking. Walk everywhere. To work, to the shops, around the block when you have a free 30 minutes. Whenever. Walking is great to start you off. Once you feel comfortable, start some light jogging or mix it up Fartlek style and do 2 minutes jogging/5 minutes walking for half an hour or whatever. If you need any help or have any questions, PM me :)

Also, the higher your muscle mass is, the more fat you will burn. This means that doing weight and building up your deeper-lying muscle will help accelerate fat burning. 20% of your muscles make 80% of your external appearance so that's 80% of your muscles you can work on building up without becoming some massive hulk-like being :P
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

ual wrote:
If you wanna lose weight, really the best thing to do is learn about basic nutrition first and foremost (as soon as a "diet" says eliminate carbs, run away as fast as you can) and just start walking. Walk everywhere. To work, to the shops, around the block when you have a free 30 minutes. Whenever. Walking is great to start you off. Once you feel comfortable, start some light jogging or mix it up Fartlek style and do 2 minutes jogging/5 minutes walking for half an hour or whatever. If you need any help or have any questions, PM me :)

Also, the higher your muscle mass is, the more fat you will burn. This means that doing weight and building up your deeper-lying muscle will help accelerate fat burning. 20% of your muscles make 80% of your external appearance so that's 80% of your muscles you can work on building up without becoming some massive hulk-like being :P

Interested in your reasoning behind dismissing carb elimination as an effective body fat reducer.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

notorganic wrote:
ual wrote:

Interested in your reasoning behind dismissing carb elimination as an effective body fat reducer.

I'm no expert but from what I was told there are good carbs and bad carbs. Eliminate the bad and stick with the good.
ual
ual
Pro

notorganic wrote:
ual wrote:

Oh short term it's fine, but more often than not the weight will pile straight back on when you reintroduce carbs into the diet. To make it sustainable you need to reduce carb intake, but not eliminate them. As you know they're the bodies primary energy source so getting rid of them can and usually will bring on lethargy and the like. It's good to have carbs in the morning but after that they're best eliminated, save for maybe a small amount at lunch or morning tea.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

My mates on a Keto diet atm, has done wonders for him (he does do a lot of bike riding now as well).

-PB

KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

Cheers for helping me out when I asked btw.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

ual I want to get into running but I keep getting shin splints when I do for more than about 4-5 minutes. It doesn't bother me when I play squash only when I want to do consistent running. I've got shin splints before during squash when I've had long periods of sitting down, like every exam period. So I've been stretching my calves and the region just below, above the achilles as this has always helped. I'm about 110kg and am thinking the shin splints are to do with weight rather (or more so) than flexibility.

Should I run or walk at a pace that doesn't result in tightness (avoiding pain) or persist through the stiffness (avoiding the pain) to condition the legs?
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

What's the best exercise for getting skinny legs?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Gridiron pre-season kicked off today. Anticipating a world of pain tomorrow.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search