Exercise and Workout thread!

Exercise and Workout thread!

Author
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
notorganic wrote:
It's not that it's a difficult question to answer, but that the premise of the question is flawed.

If you are deliberately not eating before working out, you are fasting.

I'm not intentionally being a dick, but you're looking at tinkering with things that are further down the line than you need to be.

Okay, well thanks for the info anyway.
ozboy
ozboy
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Kruse_Terrace wrote:
So frustrating going to the gym and watching people who have no idea what they're doing!

Most 15-18 year old males mostly

I don't find it frustrating, I find it brings the lols.
Often their eye workouts in front of the mirror are more intense than the actual lifting of weights
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

ozboy wrote:
UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:
Diet is the most important factor though. Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Yep. I'll never forget this borderline obese bird at the gym. After 12 months on the treadmill/bike she was about as fat as when she first started :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sir are a moron

I've been that obese woman & it's taken 2 years to lose not a lot - had to stop due to my grandad moving in & switching from casual work with gym time on my hands to full time with ***** all time so I'm heading back.

I liken it to quitting smoking - most I know tried multiple times before found what's worked

Apart from idiots like you not knowing how long it takes too lose weight, bringing people like me down being a deterrent for anyone to set foot in a gym, the amount of information and bullshit weight loss diet secrets out the is enough to make your head spin!

I'm going to have by the looks of it the time for two gym sessions per week ( at night ) I don't have much space at home to do a lot either...

I like leftrightout's sig:
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

True

But not wanting to go to avoid idiots like you doesn't help things either
ozboy
ozboy
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:
Diet is the most important factor though. Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Yep. I'll never forget this borderline obese bird at the gym. After 12 months on the treadmill/bike she was about as fat as when she first started :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sir are a moron

I've been that obese woman & it's taken 2 years to lose not a lot - had to stop due to my grandad moving in & switching from casual work with gym time on my hands to full time with ***** all time so I'm heading back.

I liken it to quitting smoking - most I know tried multiple times before found what's worked

Apart from idiots like you not knowing how long it takes too lose weight, bringing people like me down being a deterrent for anyone to set foot in a gym, the amount of information and bullshit weight loss diet secrets out the is enough to make your head spin!

I'm going to have by the looks of it the time for two gym sessions per week ( at night ) I don't have much space at home to do a lot either...

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

True

You've missed the point and labeling people idiots is your form of denial to justify your situation.
The key is food, not exercise
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

ozboy wrote:
You've missed the point and labeling people idiots is your form of denial to justify your situation.
The key is food, not exercise

Exercise is still important too though, and no one should be put down for trying to make an effort.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:

You sir are a moron

True

You'll be glad to know that absolute fucking wankers like ozboy arr well and truly in the minority at gyms these days.
ozboy
ozboy
World Class

notorganic wrote:
UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
UnitedGal wrote:
ozboy wrote:
ual wrote:

You sir are a moron

True

You'll be glad to know that absolute fucking wankers like ozboy arr well and truly in the minority at gyms these days.

At Fernwood, yes.
Kruse_Terrace
Kruse_Terrace
Amateur
Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)

Want to lose weight? Follow my amazing two step guide.

1. Run. Lots.

2. Eat less.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Kruse_Terrace wrote:

1. Run. Lots.

2. Eat less.

Great way to get skinnyfat. Thanks for your amazingly unhelpful advice.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

notorganic wrote:
Kruse_Terrace wrote:

1. Run. Lots.

2. Eat less.

Great way to get skinnyfat. Thanks for your amazingly unhelpful advice.

What do you add to that to get skinnyskinny then?

Edited by KiwiChick1: 10/12/2012 10:17:15 AM
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Do you want to be skinny, or do you want to be fit? Because there's a distinct difference.

This is skinny

This is fit

Krackovich
Krackovich
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
Do you want to be skinny, or do you want to be fit? Because there's a distinct difference.

This is fit

ozboy
ozboy
World Class

notorganic wrote:

This is skinny

This is fit

Wrong.
The top pic is the typical body shape of a distance runner and would be more 'fit' than that in the bottom.
Would I consider Sally Pearson fit? Nope - sprinting is not 'fit'. Is she toned? Yep and muscular for a woman like the bottom pic, to help explosive speed.
Muscles, such as the six pack, are exposed by low body fat.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
The top pic is the typical body shape of a distance runner and would be more 'fit' than that in the bottom.

lolwut? Are you only on here today to say stupid shit?

"Typical bodyshape of a long distance runner" - Heroin junkies: more fit than you.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

ozboy wrote:
Wrong.
Would I consider Sally Pearson fit? Nope - sprinting is not 'fit'. Is she toned? Yep and muscular for a woman like the bottom pic, to help explosive speed.
Muscles, such as the six pack, are exposed by low body fat.

You are a deadset mong.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

notorganic wrote:

Skinny.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

KiwiChick1 wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Skinny.

Do you want to look good in clothes, or look good naked?
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

notorganic wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Skinny.

Is there a both option?
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

KiwiChick1 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Skinny.

Is there a both option?

Yes. It's called being fit.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

notorganic wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Skinny.

Is there a both option?

Yes. It's called being fit.

What about skinny fit?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

This is the most ridiculous discussion on ET in a long time.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
This is the most ridiculous discussion on ET in a long time.

Pretty sure there's been worse, and I'm pretty sure every time someone says that, I'm involved in said discussion.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Would you call this skinnyfit?

KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

I'd really rather no be quite so muscly.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

That's muscly?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

KiwiChick1 wrote:
I'd really rather no be quite so muscly.

There's no weights on that bar lol. She's not "msucly".

KC, you're letting social perceptions get in the way of common sense.

This is B.J Raji. Each day he runs 5 miles and has a vertical leap of 32 inches. Contrary to social ideals, he is fit.

This is Victoria Beckham. She is the first woman in history to give birth to a child that weighs more than she does. She is not fit.

Being 'slender' or 'skinny' doesn't equate to being fit.

KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
KC, you're letting social perceptions get in the way of common sense.

I know. I tend to do that.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

This woman opens Coronas with her vagina.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Surely that's a guy and they shopped a bra over the top.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Surely that's a guy and they shopped a bra over the top.

Nah man, that shit is real. And it is fucking disgusting :-&

I think they just shopped the bra strap out. Just noticed.

Edited by leftrightout: 11/12/2012 05:44:17 PM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search