NPL - New South Wales Conference

NPL - New South Wales Conference

Author
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Aussiesrus wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
United have announced the signing of Yuichi Yamayuchi for next season.

Here's a tip for you.

No-one gives two shits about your racist club. Except Popovic and his cro asshole sidekick.

Perhaps they should run Kresinger in your 1st grade squad where he will still go goalless for the season.

That's a bit harsh.

Throwing the racist tag around at an entire club for no reason makes you look a bit silly
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

ralerasic wrote:
Utd and BWE should be reprimanded by the other 10 clubs for articfically infalting the wage expectations of the players. It is crazy what money those clubs throw at players. What for?

The cash they are talking about for Triantis and Mileski is just insane,and throw in Hayes to the mix and one just has to laugh.

But good luck to them. As they say, if you have the funds why not spend it.

Dont know what we're paying the players and I cant say I agree with some of the transfer decisions that have been made, but you're having a laugh if you think we're the only two clubs who have thrown big cash at players

Oh, and Hayes' paypacket was inflated by an offer from Rockdale.

Pre-Hayes, we were made up of a squad that was mostly homegrown. That has only changed in the last 2 or so months.
ralerasic
ralerasic
Hacker
Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)

SydneyCroatia wrote:
ralerasic wrote:
Utd and BWE should be reprimanded by the other 10 clubs for articfically infalting the wage expectations of the players. It is crazy what money those clubs throw at players. What for?

The cash they are talking about for Triantis and Mileski is just insane,and throw in Hayes to the mix and one just has to laugh.

Dont know what we're paying the players and I cant say I agree with some of the transfer decisions that have been made, but you're having a laugh if you think we're the only two clubs who have thrown big cash at players

Pre-Hayes, we were made up of a squad that was mostly homegrown. That has only changed in the last 2 or so months.

Sad thing is that United have always produced quality juniors so no need to invest in those players, who better want of a word are gypsies.

Not saying that you blokes are the only ones doing it in years past but this off-season have been the biggest offenders. Yes of course there are heaps of clubs doing it. Who do you blame though? The players for being greedy mercanaries or the clubs for paying stupid wages.

Edited by ralerasic: 4/12/2012 01:57:24 PM
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

I agree mate. I was furious when we released Markovic, Thommo and Mijic. I'd take those 3 over the new signings in a heartbeat.

Who do you blame? Well the majority of the blame has to go to the clubs. If nobody was willing to pay players these wages then players wouldnt be able to demand them.
Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

ralerasic wrote:

rudes obviously wants a strong squad. re having the cash, i hope they have it. otherwise they could always change their entity name at season end!

i stand by waht i said, under the current points system, looking at their squad in terms of who they have, the base points for each of those players, and the players theyve brought in, its beyond me how theyre possibly under the cap. time will tell.

ralerasic
ralerasic
Hacker
Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)

In time, the clubs will wisen up and stop paying these hacks the big bucks. It is the state league for phuck sake, and they would be lucky to play in front of a thousand people once during the season. There is no return on the investment and only the players win. The points system is a good idea as it will encourage clubs to develop their own.

Clubs will be better off investing the money in coaching juniors, facilities and programs rather then lining the pockets of these hacks who aren't even good enough for the Aleague so take it upon themselves to rape the grassroots clubs.

Any half decent acccountant will tell you that these players should be earning no more than a few hundred each based on what return they give back to the clubs. Are the fans going to turn up in droves to watch Younis play? Or Hayes make some big tackles? Or Trianits roll around the pitch?

Edited by ralerasic: 4/12/2012 04:31:10 PM
Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

SydneyCroatia wrote:
ralerasic wrote:

funny how things pan out. yes we made a decent offer to hayes who was coming off a stellar season. anyway rumour has it he knocked it back because:
a. he wanted to play at a club that was likely to feature in finals football
b. he wanted to play at a club that would improve his chance of getting a long awaited a-league gig

gee hindsight is a wonderful thing!

anyway, cant wait for the new season.

batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

you guys are hilarious....pissing my pants........so rale my son has taken a humble package to play with a goach who see's him as an attacking option....some of the players who are commanding megabucks are only ever going to be NSWPL players and dont have the potential to go further, anyway looking like a cracker season....really keen to get it under way.....having a ball watching WSWFC with my seasons family tickets......parra is a gr8 pitch to wath the A-League................

best of luck to every one...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Kolner wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

how on earth are they under the points cap? its not possible with the players theyve brought in.

Kolner how does this points system work??? and how will FNSW enforce it???
No12
No12
Hacker
Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)

ralerasic wrote:
In time, the clubs will wisen up and stop paying these hacks the big bucks. It is the state league for phuck sake, and they would be lucky to play in front of a thousand people once during the season. There is no return on the investment and only the players win. The points system is a good idea as it will encourage clubs to develop their own.

Clubs will be better off investing the money in coaching juniors, facilities and programs rather then lining the pockets of these hacks who aren't even good enough for the Aleague so take it upon themselves to rape the grassroots clubs.

Any half decent acccountant will tell you that these players should be earning no more than a few hundred each based on what return they give back to the clubs. Are the fans going to turn up in droves to watch Younis play? Or Hayes make some big tackles? Or Trianits roll around the pitch?

Have you watched some of the A league players lately, some of state leauge players could fit in the A-League eazy, and also where do you think the A-League players come from and where did they get developed?

BWE and the Bonno Club got good value for their money, people come to watch good fooball, and than end up at the club also fans visit other clubs on away games so it is good for them also.

Any reason you are so negative about State Leage player payments?
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

I agree that the quality gap between the leagues isn't that great. In fact, I'd say that the top 10% of NSWPL players are much better than most of the squad fillers in the A-League

However, I do believe that wages have been dangerously inflated in the last few seasons
ralerasic
ralerasic
Hacker

batfink wrote:
you guys are hilarious....pissing my pants........so rale my son has taken a humble package to play with a goach who see's him as an attacking option....some of the players who are commanding megabucks are only ever going to be NSWPL players and dont have the potential to go further, anyway looking like a cracker season....really keen to get it under way.....having a ball watching WSWFC with my seasons family tickets......parra is a gr8 pitch to wath the A-League................

Who mentioned anything about your son? Get off the drink old mate.

I am advocating that youth and development should take precedecne over throwing big dollars to overpaid hacks.

Edited by ralerasic: 5/12/2012 09:01:05 AM
ralerasic
ralerasic
Hacker

No12 wrote:
ralerasic wrote:

Have you watched some of the A league players lately, some of state leauge players could fit in the A-League eazy, and also where do you think the A-League players come from and where did they get developed?

BWE and the Bonno Club got good value for their money, people come to watch good fooball, and than end up at the club also fans visit other clubs on away games so it is good for them also.

I am negative because I know for a fact that most clubs are broke, hence the high youth league fees to pay for the first grade players. It is unsustainable. Also most are propped up by a few older wealthy men and good sponsorship. Who will fund the clubs when they die?! WIll you? I? How long do you think the clubs can survive like this?

Crowds are dwindling across the league and interest is dying. Clubs need to help each other to survive NOT send each other broke by playing these bums 2000 a match to play in front of 200 punters.

Edited by ralerasic: 5/12/2012 09:07:31 AM
batfink
batfink
Legend

ralerasic wrote:
batfink wrote:

Who mentioned anything about your son? Get off the drink old mate.

I am advocating that youth and development should take precedecne over throwing big dollars to overpaid hacks.

Edited by ralerasic: 5/12/2012 09:01:05 AM

no worries....what i wqas saying is that my sons prefers to take a reasonable pay rate to play somewhere he will be happy and not sell himself to the highest bidder at all costs......
Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro

batfink wrote:
Kolner wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

how on earth are they under the points cap? its not possible with the players theyve brought in.

okay, for 2013 each club has 290 points to play with.
they must have a first grade squad of 20 players. this is to stop clubs from say registering 16 players and plonking the rest in the 20's.
basically each player has a base value of 14.5 points. work it out 14.5 x 20= 290.
you get discounts for certain things
you get slugged points if you bring in external players, and theres points added if theyre visa players or if theyre over 25 (pretty sure its 1 point for every year over 25).

so basically bringing in players is difficult unless youve got plenty of young players that youve developed.

thats why i have no idea how united are doing it given theyve bought in triantis, mileski, etc etc and theyre not exactly flooding the NYL or A-league right now with youngsters.

the points cap in 2014 is going to be less than 290, and it will keep dropping making the development of young players from within paramount.

in terms of enforcement, clubs have to submit their team lists, fnsw has player history and details, and can work out if the club's totals are wrong.

Edited by Kolner: 5/12/2012 10:14:58 AM
batfink
batfink
Legend

Kolner wrote:
batfink wrote:
Kolner wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

they must have a first grade squad of 20 players. this is to stop clubs from say registering 16 players and plonking the rest in the 20's.
basically each player has a base value of 14.5 points. work it out 14.5 x 20= 290.
you get slugged points if you bring in external players, and theres points added if theyre visa players or if theyre over 25 (pretty sure its 1 point for every year over 25).

so basically bringing in players is difficult unless youve got plenty of young players that youve developed.

thats why i have no idea how united are doing it given theyve bought in triantis, mileski, etc etc and theyre not exactly flooding the NYL or A-league right now with youngsters.

the points cap in 2014 is going to be less than 290, and it will keep dropping making the development of young players from within paramount.

in terms of enforcement, clubs have to submit their team lists, fnsw has player history and details, and can work out if the club's totals are wrong.

right well then its reall bad for players over 25 then isnt it?????
No12
No12
Hacker
Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)

ralerasic wrote:
No12 wrote:
ralerasic wrote:

I am negative because I know for a fact that most clubs are broke, hence the high youth league fees to pay for the first grade players. It is unsustainable. Also most are propped up by a few older wealthy men and good sponsorship. Who will fund the clubs when they die?! WIll you? I? How long do you think the clubs can survive like this?

Crowds are dwindling across the league and interest is dying. Clubs need to help each other to survive NOT send each other broke by playing these bums 2000 a match to play in front of 200 punters.

Edited by ralerasic: 5/12/2012 09:07:31 AM

Take your focus of the clubs and look close at FNSW that’s where the problem is,

*participation fees
*grounds up to their imaginary standards (car parks, covered seating…)
*now even police patrols, last year after the A League pre season riots BWE had to bring in 4 Police officers by order from FNSW and pay for them for security regardless that we had nothing to do with some thugs rioting
*game is not advertised, little sponsorship for the league regardless that NSW has hundreds of thousand registered players
*God help players if they get injured and can’t work due to the injury, Jason Culina exposed that at professional level, what chance do we have at the state level
*Electricity lighting cost and parks hire for training
*I can get going with lots more but leave it for other times

After this points do you do you still blame a few players that have a few years to make a living and train like crazy, put they life on hold so they can play the game they love while their friends go to Uni. or work on building sides, jobs and make money all year around,
Well good luck to them few who get that kind of money they deserve it and for the few rich men who put money in Clubs of their choice so what they can do whatever they like with their money.

As for Clubs helping each other what planet are you on, Clubs are businesses to help themselves and get supporters and good board to run the Club, Clubs with bad management go broke.

ralerasic
ralerasic
Hacker

Some good points mate.

And if you think BWE are making money you are naive, very naive.

Edited by ralerasic: 5/12/2012 03:44:24 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

[-o<

Edited by aussiesrus: 10/12/2012 02:50:51 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

:idea:

Edited by aussiesrus: 10/12/2012 02:51:06 PM
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

Aussiesrus wrote:

SydneyCroatia,

May appear a tad harsh but you know precisely what i'm talking about and so does everyone else.

Actually, I dont mate. Feel free to elaborate.

We've just released a number of players of Croatian heritage and replaced them with non-Croat players.

If you're going to make huge accusations then at least back them up.

... and if this has something to do with WSW then it's just :lol: . It's laughable in itself to say that WSW are a Croatian-backed club, it's just sad to then somehow blame Sydney United for it.

Sydney FC - Farina, Corica, ADP. Italian club? :roll:
ralerasic
ralerasic
Hacker

Well said Sydney Croatia.

Only racist thing about United maybe a few of those imbecilic supporters, but that's it.

United are stacked with players of different backgrounds throughout the entire club.

Those days of clubs having their "own kind" are pretty much long gone.
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

Those days never really existed anyway. It's a myth that people have perpetuated for a long time. It only takes one glance of the squads of these clubs throughout their histories to see how much of a lie it is

If anything, our years in the State League have seen us have the most "Croatian" squad in our history - Markovic, Glavas, Janjetovic, Tomic, Cindric, Mijic, Bosnar, Vidaic, Bilic, Paric, Barac, Jedinak etc etc

But it has little to do with racism and everything to do with the fact that many of these players grew up supporting the club and WANTING to play for it.

Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro

batfink wrote:
Kolner wrote:
batfink wrote:
Kolner wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

right well then its reall bad for players over 25 then isnt it?????

sorry, there was an error above- base points per player is 10. so its possible even with their signings that theyre under although it would be tight.

anyway, will get harder in following years when the points drop from 290.

Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro

SydneyCroatia wrote:
Those days never really existed anyway. It's a myth that people have perpetuated for a long time. It only takes one glance of the squads of these clubs throughout their histories to see how much of a lie it is

If anything, our years in the State League have seen us have the most "Croatian" squad in our history - Markovic, Glavas, Janjetovic, Tomic, Cindric, Mijic, Bosnar, Vidaic, Bilic, Paric, Barac, Jedinak etc etc

But it has little to do with racism and everything to do with the fact that many of these players grew up supporting the club and WANTING to play for it.

thats true however they have been assisted by the fact that at youth level we all know theres always a stronger push at utd than at other clubs to include more players from their own ehtnic persuasion.

anyway end of the day, it doesnt matter what background they are, theyre all aussies!

Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro

people are missing the big issues here.

if a player wants to play a state league player high wages good luck to them. why criticise a club wanting to pay these players well and notwithstanding falling attendances and sponsorship revenue.

what troubles me is that the games giverning body slugs PL clubs a decent entrance fee, prizemoney is laughable, there is a massive marketing levy and from what ive seen, the only marketing we have of the PL is confined to the youtube highlights and webpage reports.

they have even cut the old ad for pl games from the local newspapers which i thought was an essential form of advertising.

clubs this year are paying just under $20k each for marketing fees. im struggling to see how that be chewed up by a bloke with a video camera, a buit of editing each week, and a webpage.

more needs to be injected into the pl by fnsw. simple.

SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

Kolner wrote:
SydneyCroatia wrote:

thats true however they have been assisted by the fact that at youth level we all know theres always a stronger push at utd than at other clubs to include more players from their own ehtnic persuasion.

anyway end of the day, it doesnt matter what background they are, theyre all aussies!

Rubbish.

Take a look at the list of players. Most are either currently very, very promising youngsters or have been standout performers at NSWPL level for an extended period of time. 3 of them played NSL, 8 have had a senior or youth A-League contract and one has represented Australia at the World Cup.

What I'm trying to say is that they were there simply because they were better than others whether their name ended in an 'ic' or not.
Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro

SydneyCroatia wrote:
Kolner wrote:
SydneyCroatia wrote:

Rubbish.

Take a look at the list of players. Most are either currently very, very promising youngsters or have been standout performers at NSWPL level for an extended period of time. 3 of them played NSL, 8 have had a senior or youth A-League contract and one has represented Australia at the World Cup.

What I'm trying to say is that they were there simply because they were better than others whether their name ended in an 'ic' or not.

and for every promising player such as those you have listed theres three others of croat heritage who are there primarily because of that.

anyway, each to their own.
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

Like I said, long standing myth.

If it really was a case of favouritism then we wouldn't be one of the most successful producers of talent in oz

If there has ever been an over-representation of "Croats" in our youth sides then it's probably down to probability. High percentage of Cro kids trialling = high percentage of Cro kids getting selected

But you only need to look through last season's squad lists to see that it's not really the case
thupercoach
thupercoach
World Class
World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)

What happened to Tommy Mijic? Saw him play NYL for Sydney a year back and was pretty impressed.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search