Borussia Dortmund bid for Wanderers????

Borussia Dortmund bid for Wanderers????

Author
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Iridium1010 wrote:
How are bvb an ethnic club?

Exactly, why just because you have a German surname means you're not Australian?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Iridium1010 wrote:

(I know nothing about oversea clubs)

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Fourfiveone
Fourfiveone
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

I know it's all just speculation for the moment but this would be the best possible outcome for the wanderers or any other Aussie club that bvb might look at buying. These guys know how to run a club and despite possibly feeding our best youth overseas it could also be a great chance to lone some great young players that can't quite crack the 1st grade at bvb.

It would be great do the national team too. It would open up a pathway for young Aussie players to get to the highest level.

Edited by fourfiveone: 23/8/2013 05:04:45 PM
moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Would be interesting. I got an E-mail this week from Collingwood (parents got me a membership as a 'present') after they reached 80k members which mentioned Dortmund along with Real Madrid.

Quote:
The achievement puts the club in the realm of some of the biggest football clubs in the world, and within sight of the likes of Real Madrid and German giants Borussia Dortmund who boast of membership bases in the vicinity of 100,000.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

-PB

I do realise it was satire. Doesn't mean he wasn't trying to make a point.

Edited by iridium1010: 23/8/2013 05:12:33 PM
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

moofa wrote:
Would be interesting. I got an E-mail this week from Collingwood (parents got me a membership as a 'present') after they reached 80k members which mentioned Dortmund along with Real Madrid.

Quote:
The achievement puts the club in the realm of some of the biggest football clubs in the world, and within sight of the likes of Real Madrid and German giants Borussia Dortmund who boast of membership bases in the vicinity of 100,000.

Hilarious that any AFL club thinks they are in anyway similar to Real Madrid or Dortmund. Having 40000 pet members does not mean you have millions of fans around the world and a religious cult like following. Everyone knows who C Ronaldo is, but i bet no one in Spain (or the rest of the world) knows who the fuck Nathan Brown is. Its australian rules for a reason and outside of Vic, Tas, SA and WA the rest of the world couldnt give a toss about AFL.
canehdrian13
canehdrian13
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
BvB - nasty ethnic club, almost entirely made up of people of German background. Don't want them anywhere near one of our nice broadbased franchises.

But they are white, eat hot dogs, so its OK. However, if you're suggesting some people with funny names, who are a bit more tanned and eat different food own an A League team, then you'll get gangs, fighting, Souvlaki's thrown at the players and bring WW3 to the A League. ](*,) ](*,)

I wonder what people would say if Olympiakos or Panathinaikos put in a bid for eg. Heart...
canehdrian13
canehdrian13
Semi-Pro

The Frenchman wrote:
moofa wrote:

Quote:

Hilarious that any AFL club thinks they are in anyway similar to Real Madrid or Dortmund. Having 40000 pet members does not mean you have millions of fans around the world and a religious cult like following. Everyone knows who C Ronaldo is, but i bet no one in Spain (or the rest of the world) knows who the fuck Nathan Brown is. Its australian rules for a reason and outside of Vic, Tas, SA and WA the rest of the world couldnt give a toss about AFL.

I don't like Collingwood, but i'll give them credit as a lot of English people who know absolutely nothing about the game AFL, somehow know who Collingwood are, what they stand for and generally they 'support' them. Sure they're not on the level of Real or Dortmund, but it is pretty funny that the only thing they know about AFL is 'Collingwood'.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Oh god.
canehdrian13
canehdrian13
Semi-Pro

And for the record (on the topic) I hope its Heart. As a fan of Borussia Dortmund, i'd love to see them involved in my A League team. Heart have a lot to learn, and there aren't many better than Borussia Dortmund to learn it from.
SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

I'd like to see them make a bid for Penrith..

Post_hoc
Post_hoc
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Captain Banal wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
Captain Banal wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
Red_or_Dead wrote:
What makes you think it's the Wanderers they would buy?

Sure as shit ain't looking at buying Morwell Heart :lol:

-PB

Right, that's it Bagz. I've had enough of your tard comments.

It's on !!!!!!!!!

I say, put 'em up chap!

-PB

Foxy Boxing?
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

no matter what you think of Borussia Dortmund they know how to run a club so would be nice to see them own the wanderers, or at least involved in football in Australia

moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Dortmund also released a financial statement this week and this past season they have posted profits of 53.3 million euros. Now some places are saying this is massively helped by Gotze being sold but they actually reinvested more into the transfer market than what they got from him (they had net transfers of -5.325million euros). Anyway they have money to spend and could easily buy an A-league club which I would say are relatively cheap considering a few are not that far off being profitable I think.

Also on Collingwood comparing them being close to the size of Dortmund. BvB had $376.70 million revenue (that excludes revenue from player transfers) while Collingwood had about $70 million
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

If these clubs invest in the game and focus on developing the sport in this country, all for it.

I would prefer to see them invest in a consortium though to be an integral part of an ownership group. These clubs have a lot to bring to the table and in partnership with local investors this would likely bring greater value to such a bid.

BackFour
BackFour
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
BvB - nasty ethnic club, almost entirely made up of people of German background. Don't want them anywhere near one of our nice broadbased franchises.

Don't recall them being part of OLD SOCCER in Australia but maybe I'm wrong.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

SWandP wrote:

I'd like to see them make a bid for Penrith..

:lol:! =d>

moofa wrote:
Dortmund also released a financial statement this week and this past season they have posted profits of 53.3 million euros. Now some places are saying this is massively helped by Gotze being sold but they actually reinvested more into the transfer market than what they got from him (they had net transfers of -5.325million euros). Anyway they have money to spend and could easily buy an A-league club which I would say are relatively cheap considering a few are not that far off being profitable I think.

Also on Collingwood comparing them being close to the size of Dortmund. BvB had $376.70 million revenue (that excludes revenue from player transfers) while Collingwood had about $70 million

canehdrian13 wrote:
The Frenchman wrote:
moofa wrote:

Quote:

I don't like Collingwood, but i'll give them credit as a lot of English people who know absolutely nothing about the game AFL, somehow know who Collingwood are, what they stand for and generally they 'support' them. Sure they're not on the level of Real or Dortmund, but it is pretty funny that the only thing they know about AFL is 'Collingwood'.

Well, fair point, but the very fact they 'compare', or the point of it, is to give some grounding or relative comparison as to 'how successful' they are. But still has that stench of 'small man syndrome' - lol. I guess flipside, good on them, as clearly they are reaching numbers so high, that it's just not worth comparing to their AFL rivals (The better ones who'd be little over half that?)!

So indeed, 'within the world of AFL' it's insular world, it's indeed the biggest rep club and they've travelled to 'The Oval' in London for the odd exhibition etc... And we can tell from experience locally, any who's not a fan of AFL, who gives a cursory glance, will probably notice Collingwood due to references in the media, crowds or what not? Probably helps that Eddie MacGuire was/is their President for a while!

Edited by GloryPerth: 23/8/2013 07:31:32 PM
BackFour
BackFour
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

It seems a very logical decision for Mega Club to invest in feeder clubs in leagues such as ours.
For them the cost of running such clubs would be peanuts, but the potential benefits huge.
VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

General Ashnak wrote:
CCM would be the best option since they have assets greater than just a bunch of people.

They don't even have that in the stands :lol:

Jokes jokes o:)
girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

SWandP wrote:

I'd like to see them make a bid for p̶e̶n̶r̶i̶t̶h̶. the NRL

;)
YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

-PB

Probably my favourite gif for this situation

Ali07
Ali07
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

canehdrian13 wrote:

What does Collingwood stand for?

As for the topic, would be great to see Dortmund buy into a HAL club.
Stormpark94
Stormpark94
Super Fan
Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)Super Fan (143 reputation)

The source of the link redirects me to the Bild's homepage, and not to an article. Or it's only me?
clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro

I don't like Collingwood, but i'll give them credit as a lot of English people who know absolutely nothing about the game AFL, somehow know who Collingwood are, what they stand for and generally they 'support' them. Sure they're not on the level of Real or Dortmund, but it is pretty funny that the only thing they know about AFL is 'Collingwood'.[/quote]

No they dont, they think Collingwood is a batesman.
absent
absent
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

I'm surprised no one has referenced northern spirit-rangers yet..

Ali07 wrote:
What does Collingwood stand for?

I was wondering the same thing??

purplerain
purplerain
Under 7s
Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
Oh god.

Can't believe how much oxygen is given to them here. I remember a forum that added normal terms that the mods disliked to the list of banned offensive words so they could not be posted. Would be good to do the same here with anything related to "Australia's game" :-&
Obvious Troll
Obvious Troll
Amateur
Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)Amateur (585 reputation)

Post_hoc wrote:

I say, put 'em up chap!

-PB

He's not a "chap". He's a cad... a poodlefaking bounder.

Edited by Obvious Troll: 24/8/2013 02:23:11 PM
Post_hoc
Post_hoc
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Obvious Troll wrote:
Post_hoc wrote:

I say, put 'em up chap!

-PB

He's not a "chap". He's a cad... a poodlefaking bounder.

Edited by Obvious Troll: 24/8/2013 02:23:11 PM

I say no such thing you son of a motherless goat, I challenge you to a duel,

Spud Guns at 20 paces

Post_hoc
Post_hoc
Pro

I so want this to be true, I have no idea why, I don't expect them to be significantly different if we were owned by another football appreciative owner, but I don't care I would love this to be true
Jukes
Jukes
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)Hardcore Fan (226 reputation)

Post_hoc wrote:
I so want this to be true, I have no idea why, I don't expect them to be significantly different if we were owned by another football appreciative owner, but I don't care I would love this to be true

Would a club of a rival football federation even if they are friendly have the best interest of the club and the league at heart. Think where this might lead in 30-50 years when hopefully by then we might be challenging for World Cups etc. Not saying its a bad thing but there are still a lot of unanswered questions.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search