★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

Author
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
Amazing we still have clubs that want to call themselves Olympic or Hellenic etc.

Just as amazing some want to call themselves SC as in Soccer Club.

Back to the future!

I bet it makes you cry. No team is named Hellenic btw.

You may be right with those that have qualified for the NPL butt there is a Hellenic.

And yes, living in the dark ages makes me cry.

In a resort somewhere

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Burztur wrote:
thupercoach wrote:
Hey, you guys are doing a brilliant job updating this, really enjoying keeping up with it. Do you think we could keep it to one thread rather than two?

Maybe we could pin / lock and redirect this thread to the State League one.

This.

People need to get in on the State League forums.

-PB

I agree with this. Easier if it's in one place, but there needs to be something to link it to the State League forums or no one will see it.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
Amazing we still have clubs that want to call themselves Olympic or Hellenic etc.

Back to the future!

You may be right with those that have qualified for the NPL butt there is a Hellenic.

You have been living in the dark ages. A franchise with no connection to the other clubs. The same league that does not produce on its own. No connection to rural teams.

Yeah these are dark times. Fucking twat.

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

You have been living in the dark ages. A franchise with no connection to the other clubs. The same league that does not produce on its own. No connection to rural teams.

That's a bingo.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

You also forgot to mention a franchise has no kulcha :lol:

In a resort somewhere

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

I don't recall saying that. Brisbane Roar have heaps of culture as a Dutch team.

paulc
paulc
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

I don't recall saying that. Brisbane Roar have heaps of culture as a Dutch team.

Can't recall ever seeing Roar fly Dutch national flags, chant or sing in Dutch, hand out Dutch calendars or hold Dutch dinner parties etc

On the other hand some clubs with associated foreign names in the lower leagues who supposedly believe they own football in this country.......................

In a resort somewhere

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

Can't recall ever seeing Roar fly Dutch national flags, chant or sing in Dutch, hand out Dutch calendars or hold Dutch dinner parties etc

On the other hand some clubs with associated foreign names in the lower leagues who supposedly believe they own football in this country.......................

You would have to be the most delusional cunt on this forum.

paulc
paulc
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

I have none of that kulcha you insist everyone should have, that's the problem :lol:

In a resort somewhere

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

I have none of that kulcha you insist everyone should have, that's the problem :lol:

Nah just a bigot.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Brisbane strikers are confirmed in the cup.

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Stop them fucking boats hey Paul?

Let's send them damn wogs back where they came from. Don't want none of them celebrating where they came from, or help others settle in here when us white Aussies (fucken south cross pride mate) make it hard for em to settle in.

No building fucken community spirit.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Blackmac79 wrote:
Stop them fucking boats hey Paul?

Let's send them damn wogs back where they came from. Don't want none of them celebrating where they came from, or help others settle in here when us white Aussies (fucken south cross pride mate) make it hard for em to settle in.

No building fucken community spirit.

Fukien suthern cross on ma face kunt

paulc
paulc
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
Brisbane strikers are confirmed in the cup.

Clubs like this is where the future lies.

Edited by paulc: 29/5/2014 09:32:00 AM

In a resort somewhere

El Toro
El Toro
Rising Star
Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)

paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

Before the recent grand final I saw Brisbane fans with all the current gear on. They also had Dutch flags painted on their faces. Only a handful of people obviously but there are still some holding on to the ethnic roots of the club.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Any chance we can get this stickied?

There's some big qualifying games over the next week.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

aussieshorter wrote:

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
aussieshorter wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paulc
paulc
Legend

El Toro wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

Before the recent grand final I saw Brisbane fans with all the current gear on. They also had Dutch flags painted on their faces. Only a handful of people obviously but there are still some holding on to the ethnic roots of the club.

Not ever seen that in the 9 years I've been following them.

Mind you also had friends come to matches dressed up in all sorts of colours and football shirts even though some of them knew little about the game. Also been to Richlands in the early days and never have I seen a red, white and blue flags or colours to that effect and never heard anyone speaking in Dutch.

I think you're getting lost with understanding the differences between certain clubs, notwithstanding the Lions (club with the once Dutch heritage you mentioned) has no association with the Brisbane Roar whatsoever.

Edited by paulc: 30/5/2014 12:15:20 PM

In a resort somewhere

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Why is it an issue where your club comes from for fuck sake?

El Toro
El Toro
Rising Star
Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)

paulc wrote:
El Toro wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

Mind you also had friends come to matches dressed up in all sorts of colours and football shirts even though some of them knew little about the game. Also been to Richlands in the early days and never have I seen a red, white and blue flags or colours to that effect and never heard anyone speaking in Dutch.

I think you're getting lost with understanding the differences between certain clubs, notwithstanding the Lions (club with the once Dutch heritage you mentioned) has no association with the Brisbane Roar whatsoever.

I am not lost mate, I am well versed in the origins of the Brisbane Roar.
I was merely pointing out what I saw. Maybe they are old Lions fans who "carried" on their support for the Roar. Why wouldn't you?
The Queensland Lions, no matter who is running the show now, were the successful bidders for the Brisbane licence and had an instrumental effect on the club as it is today. Orange as the major colour remains, as does the Logo.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Adelaide City v West Adelaide will be streamed LIVE.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:

Details please.
A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Burztur wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Details please.

Links or it didn't happen.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

Quote:
[size=7]Coca-Cola Federation Cup Final Live Stream[/size]

Football Federation SA (FFSA) is pleased to announce that Saturday’s 2014 Coca-Cola Federation Cup Final between traditional rivals Adelaide City and West Adelaide will be streamed live.

This initiative for the first time will allow our regional, interstate and overseas Football Family the opportunity to experience the highly anticipated match from the comfort of their own homes.

The feed will be displayed in conjunction with live match commentary from FFSA broadcast partners 5RTI. 5RTI will broadcast from Coopers Stadium from 11:00am Saturday on 531am.

In addition, live scoring will be run through the NPL website to provide instant information to supporters, along with updates via Twitter - @NPLSA and Facebook, providing a full compliment of coverage for the match.

FFSA encourages South Australian’s to experience the game live at Coopers Stadium to see who will claim the trophy and go on to represent our state in the inaugural Westfield FFA Cup Competition.

With the Western, Southern and Northern stands open, patrons will be able to watch the match from any angle, close to the action.
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-10180-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=29917301

Edited by aussieshorter: 30/5/2014 06:11:54 PM

williamn
williamn
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

A16Man wrote:
Burztur wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Details please.

Links or it didn't happen.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-10180-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=29917301
A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

aussieshorter wrote:

Good man.

=d> =d> =d>
paulc
paulc
Legend

El Toro wrote:
paulc wrote:
El Toro wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulc wrote:

Back to the future!

I am not lost mate, I am well versed in the origins of the Brisbane Roar.
I was merely pointing out what I saw. Maybe they are old Lions fans who "carried" on their support for the Roar. Why wouldn't you?
The Queensland Lions, no matter who is running the show now, were the successful bidders for the Brisbane licence and had an instrumental effect on the club as it is today. Orange as the major colour remains, as does the Logo.

Orange is a fantastic colour that differentiates us from any one else. Stuff these Man City colours vs SFC colours, reds, whites etc and all that are all plain Jane.

Anyway you still have no tangible comparison with the foreign speaking, flag waiving single community clubs that are rearing their head in the NPL. None.

In a resort somewhere

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Fuck your ethnic club paulc

The link was in the other thread fwiw

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

Brisbane Roar is not a Dutch club. Just because Queensland lions signed the original paper work doesn't mean the club is Dutch. The club was built out of nothing just like every other current a league club. What happened in the NSL or pre a league counts for nothing in relation to the current a league clubs.

I have never seen any reference to anything Dutch in relation to the Roar.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search