Travel Thread

Travel Thread

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm keen for a 2/3 month trip around Asia but if I were to do that I would want to stop into North Korea. It's just one of those things.

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
TheSelectFew wrote:
I'm keen for a 2/3 month trip around Asia but if I were to do that I would want to stop into North Korea. It's just one of those things.

I've always wanted to do North Korea too which most of my mates think is really weird :lol:
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Bowden wrote:
Scoll wrote:
Bowden wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Golden rule for travellers: ALWAYS delete cookies or use a different browser immediately before settling on buying a flight online; the sites up the price if you search for them on those times, but if you delete the cookies it's like wiping their memory of you and the price may be lower.

Is this for real? How can they charge you more for the same flight just because you searched for it instead of choosing it straight away?

Will be purchasing a return flight ticket tonight so am really interested :lol:

Yup, online providers will do this. Not all the time, but it is a known practice.

The other solution is to shop for airfares in incognito/private browsing mode

That's insane! Surely there are laws against this??

Here's a Guardian article about it.

Incognito mode is a good idea as it doesn't save cookies.

Edited by paladisious: 13/2/2014 08:31:12 AM

Wow! I seriously can't believe airlines are getting away with that!
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Bowden wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

I've always wanted to do North Korea too which most of my mates think is really weird :lol:

Their K-Pop stars aren't as bubbly Bowds ;)

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Bowden wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Socceroos/Champions League away trip. It could happen. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Bowden wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Their K-Pop stars aren't as bubbly Bowds ;)

-PB

And are rumoured to be executed a lot more.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

paladisious wrote:
Bowden wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Socceroos/Champions League away trip. It could happen. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Are away fans allowed to attend games in NK?

We should have a FFT excursion there o:)
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

I also would love to go to North Korea. I was looking at the cost a little while ago and if I remember correctly it was fairly expensive. I believe it was around $5k for a 7 day trip and that only includes flights from Beijing to Pyongyang.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Why the fuck do you want to go to North Korea?

I hear the mountainous region between Afghanistan & Pakistan is lovely at this time of year. The locals love foreigners, especially Westerners. :roll:

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

HighTimes
HighTimes
Amateur
Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)

Heineken wrote:

I hear the mountainous region between Afghanistan & Pakistan is lovely at this time of year. The locals love foreigners, especially Westerners. :roll:

I understand you're just trying to be funny but yes in fact the locals there are actually really nice and welcoming to westerners, mainly due to the recent (and not so recent) troubles they've had

also I personally want to go to North Korea because it seems really quite pretty and culturally interesting

Edited by HighTimes: 13/2/2014 05:32:16 PM
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Heineken wrote:

Pusssaayyy!
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Bowden wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Bowden wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

There may be a slim chance if it was sporting related? No idea, really.
thupercoach
thupercoach
World Class
World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

Somalia's good this time of year.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Highly recommended Cyprus to anyone looking to do a fun Euro holiday with a few mates. lots of tourists looking for a good time, decent beaches, decent bars, awesome food and pretty cheap too. Awesome culture and history if you're looking for something a but more in depth too.
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

North Korea isn't dangerous for tourists. Mainly because you can't just book a ticket to Pyongyang and do what ever you please, you have to book a government supervised tour. They take you to pre determined points of interest and look after you fairly well.
Scoll
Scoll
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Scoll wrote:
Only unconfirmed tickets are the Chile and Spain ones, hoping all goes well with the draw results for the phase just ended but like you I'm sure we could find a way to acquire tickets otherwise.

Considering the sizeable amount of money that has just gone out of my World Cup credit card, looks like I've got these Australian tickets, plus any knockout matches they make (by some fluke or miracle). If they get knocked out in the group stage as expected, insta spending money from the refund :D

Edited by Scoll: 21/2/2014 01:04:33 AM
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Not really the right thread fr it, but what is there to do in Adelaide? I'm staying at West Beach.
janellaH
janellaH
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

It's summertime and we are suppose to travel for a vacation during this days, thus, we should be aware that we also have to pay for our baggage. However, in some Airlines, baggage fees are very expensive. One of the greatest collector is the Delta Airlines where they collected almost $900 million in baggage fees. So if you want to save money even when you are in travel, head over at http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2010/02/02/884-budget-travel-tips.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Wait...the spambots are actually posting in the relevant topics? What kind of black magic is this?
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
afromanGT wrote:
Wait...the spambots are actually posting in the relevant topics? What kind of black magic is this?

This thread was off the main 4 pages as well, saw it before I bumped Fantasy. Good work spambot!
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Work is sending me to Japan for a couple of weeks next month. I'll be staying in Shinjuku. I have a free itinerary outside of work hours. Can anyone recommend how I should spend my time?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Bowden wrote:
Work is sending me to Japan for a couple of weeks next month. I'll be staying in Shinjuku. I have a free itinerary outside of work hours. Can anyone recommend how I should spend my time?

It doesn't get more Japanese than drinking Sake in a Geisha house.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Bowden wrote:

Get in touch with VoiceOfReason. Im pretty sure he stays in japan. Not sure where but I have a feeling the travel distances are not too far.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Bowden wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Bowden wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

There may be a slim chance if it was sporting related? No idea, really.

I have a friend that went to NK with his parents last year. He reckons it was really surreal, but at the same time boring as hell. He just got super drunk every night at the hotel.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

As long as you're well behaved, NK is really nice to westerners.
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

Bump
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

I got back last week from a month overseas. Spent time in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Canada with relatives, and 4 days in Fiji on the way back as we decided to fly with Fiji Airways and stop over in Nadi to change it up a bit, we've pretty much flown with every other airline on the route and been to every stop over.

And surprisingly I didn't really enjoy Fiji, well I didn't really see it, as much as I love staying in 5 star resorts, I felt like I didnt see the real Fiji and that the resort could have been anywhere in the world and the experience would have been the same. Heck we didn't even need to use the local currency because we just charged everything to the room and payed by card at the end. :lol:

The only real part of Fiji I saw was during the hour drive to and from the airport.
Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Not sure if there is one somewhere here. Haven't seen one.

Where? When? Who? Why?

For me, Brazil in June for 3 weeks before a cheeky one week in Buenos Aires. Gonna follow Australia around, still awaiting match tickets though. Hopeful that if worse comes to worse and we fail to acquire them, it will be easy enough to be able to attain them somehow. So yeah, therefore fly into Sao Paolo before heading to Cuiaba then down to Porto Alegre before finishing the "Australian leg" in Curitiba. Going to Florianopolis for a couple of days in between the last two games. Probably go to Iguassu Falls after Curitiba and then fly back up to Rio and spend some time there. At this stage will look to head to Buenos Aires in early July. Doing this with my brother and two cousins. We go our separate ways after South America before I head to London on July 6.

Begin a Contiki tour of Europe on July 8 with three mates, so in Europe for 3 months. Will do some Greek Islands after the month long tour, before doing a bit of Eastern Europe and then finishing off in Britain.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully all things go smooth sailing in the lead up.

Over to you. What have you done, what are you going to do etc.?

Edited by proud2becanberran: 10/2/2014 04:08:27 PM

Got back two days ago. Best.Four.Months.Ever.

Rio de Janeiro was my favourite city out of all destinations visited. Everything just happens there. However all places we went to in Brazil were terrific. Cuiaba for Australia's first game was amazing. City itself wasn't the prettiest, most glamorous but just the people were the friendliest and the way they embraced the World Cup was brilliant. You could tell Cuiaba was the 'real Brazil'.

In Europe, Berlin was my favourite city. Contiki tour was also a superb month.

Good to be back home, but already experiencing dem post-travel feels. :(

Already planning a trip next year. Want to do Mexico-Cuba in July between Uni semesters.
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Too many shit abject national 'states' in central and south america

They all speak spanish

Whats the freaking difference between Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, and all other spanish speaking nation in that part of the world?

Just throw in individual 'countries' to compete in a so-called 'World' Cup? :-K
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Going to Victoria in February, spending most of the time in Melbourne but also looking to head out to a few places in Victoria. Any suggestions?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search