NPLV

NPLV

Author
Blackmissionary
Hacker
Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paladisious wrote:
Blackmissionary wrote:
One interesting thing about Oakleigh's 2014 jersey is that it looks like their 2013 jersey, only with the NPL badge attached this year.

Why wouldn't it?

Because of the NPL rules which have specific guidelines as to how many sponsors you can have on your jersey, as well how they should be arranged on your jersey.
South_1959
South_1959
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Very tough game against Gully away this week. Hopefully the boys can get the job done.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

NPL - Round 3

FRIDAY 4TH
Port Melbourne 2 - 2 Oakliegh Cannons
Bentleigh Greens 1-1 Pascoe Vale

SATURDAY 5TH
Green Gully 3-5 South Melbourne
Northcote City 1-3 Ballarat Red Devils
Dandenong Thunder 1-0 Hume City FC
Goldburn Valley 2-6 Heidelberg Utd

SUNDAY 6TH
Melbourne Knights 1-2 Werribee City

NPL 1 - Round 3

SATURDAY 5TH
Avondale Heights 4-0 Brunswick City
Sunshine George Cross 1-1 Whittlesea Ranges
Springvale WE 1-3 North Geelong
Box Hill Utd 3-0 Dandenong City
FC Bendigo 2-2 Moreland Zebras

MONDAY 7TH
Kingston City 1-3 St Albans
FC Bulleen 3-3 Richmond

Edited by thejollyvic: 4/4/2014 10:46:14 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 4/4/2014 11:52:35 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 4/4/2014 11:58:46 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 5/4/2014 04:52:38 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 5/4/2014 05:02:58 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 6/4/2014 01:16:48 AM

Edited by thejollyvic: 6/4/2014 05:27:40 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 7/4/2014 11:16:25 PM
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
FFV wrote:
FT: NorthcoteCity 1 (Dekker 57') BRedDevils 3 (Swinton 31', Karras 36', S.Romein 76')

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Forza Box Hill! Great start to the season for them

Viennese Vuck

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

melbourne_terrace wrote:
Forza Box Hill! Great start to the season for them

King Kenny working wonders I hear
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

When all else fails, blame the refs. :lol:

The Corner Flag wrote:
Lozanovski unhappy with officials
By Tomasz Ng

Northcote City coach Goran Lozanovski has voiced his displeasure at some of the refereeing decisions in their 3-1 loss to Ballarat Red Devils, and has called for action to be taken.

Lozanovski was sent to the stands after some incessant protesting to the official during the contest, with a penalty decision in the second half the tipping point for the Northcote boss.

While he wass disappointed to be sent off the ground, Lozanovski had this to say.

“What kills me and quote me on this – what kills me is that you work ever so hard to get yourself back into the game and I don’t normally say this but the referee’s made a bad decision, we should’ve had a penalty on Rixon and we didn’t.

“Five minutes later the scenario was probably a little bit lighter, not as forceful as Rico’s was, and he’s given a penalty so that sort of inconsistency for me is what frustrates me and that was a turning point.”

Just prior to the penalty decision, Lozanovski was also unhappy with the fashion in which the referee handled the situation, with play was waved on despite Evan Kounavelis being floored following a late tackle.

“He got clobbered way after the ball’s delivered and he continues to play on and Evan was on the ground hurt so things like this sort of get coaches over the top and tipped over and it happened to me today,” Lozanovski said.

“Unfortunately I got myself sent off the ground which is disappointing but decisions like that make or break a team and as far as I’m concerned I could lose my job over it. I’m not going to accept that sort of stuff and the NPL needs to pick up their act on officials.”

Despite all that however, Lozanovski conceded the result was far from acceptable, with his side creating a multitude of chances to score against Ballarat.

“It was disgusting the result today,” he said.

“In saying that I thought we played ok and had a lot of possession and created some half chances, half opportunities and probably had enough opportunities to win a couple of games.

“They punished us with two balls, one over the top and one in the guts and scored two great goals and no disrespect to Ballarat, they had a game plan, they stuck to it and it worked for them.”

imonfourfourtwo
imonfourfourtwo
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
FFV wrote:
FT: NorthcoteCity 1 (Dekker 57') BRedDevils 3 (Swinton 31', Karras 36', S.Romein 76')

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

paladisious wrote:

The Corner Flag wrote:
By Tomasz Ng

Northcote City coach Goran Lozanovski has voiced his displeasure at some of the refereeing decisions in their 3-1 loss to Ballarat Red Devils, and has called for action to be taken.

Lozanovski was sent to the stands after some incessant protesting to the official during the contest, with a penalty decision in the second half the tipping point for the Northcote boss.

While he wass disappointed to be sent off the ground, Lozanovski had this to say.

“What kills me and quote me on this – what kills me is that you work ever so hard to get yourself back into the game and I don’t normally say this but the referee’s made a bad decision, we should’ve had a penalty on Rixon and we didn’t.

“Five minutes later the scenario was probably a little bit lighter, not as forceful as Rico’s was, and he’s given a penalty so that sort of inconsistency for me is what frustrates me and that was a turning point.”

Just prior to the penalty decision, Lozanovski was also unhappy with the fashion in which the referee handled the situation, with play was waved on despite Evan Kounavelis being floored following a late tackle.

“He got clobbered way after the ball’s delivered and he continues to play on and Evan was on the ground hurt so things like this sort of get coaches over the top and tipped over and it happened to me today,” Lozanovski said.

“Unfortunately I got myself sent off the ground which is disappointing but decisions like that make or break a team and as far as I’m concerned I could lose my job over it. I’m not going to accept that sort of stuff and the NPL needs to pick up their act on officials.”

Despite all that however, Lozanovski conceded the result was far from acceptable, with his side creating a multitude of chances to score against Ballarat.

“In saying that I thought we played ok and had a lot of possession and created some half chances, half opportunities and probably had enough opportunities to win a couple of games.

“They punished us with two balls, one over the top and one in the guts and scored two great goals and no disrespect to Ballarat, they had a game plan, they stuck to it and it worked for them.”

In fairness to Loza - there is a feeling through a number of the 'metro' clubs that the regional sides will mysteriously get the rub of the green from referees throughout this season.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Benjamin wrote:
In fairness to Loza - there is a feeling through a number of the 'metro' clubs that the regional sides will mysteriously get the rub of the green from referees throughout this season.

The excuses have started early, it's only round three! :lol:
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

Benjamin wrote:
paladisious wrote:

The Corner Flag wrote:
By Tomasz Ng

i read it as its my fault we lost .... face it 0 from 3 you are the previous years champs no excuses seems that letting milos go has really hurt the forward line as well
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

highlights

Bentleigh Greens v Pascoe Vale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gasi5EoYdyo
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

thejollyvic wrote:
i read it as its my fault we lost .... face it 0 from 3 you are the previous years champs no excuses seems that letting milos go has really hurt the forward line as well

They didn't exactly 'let milos go' - I'm pretty sure South made the lad a better offer than Northcote could compete with. You'll probably find that losing Eager at the back was as big a deal as losing Milos up front, and having KK away on trial for the first few weeks of the season is a massive loss for them too.
Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

thejollyvic wrote:
highlights

Lucky if there was 100 people at this game.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Atlas wrote:
thejollyvic wrote:
highlights

Lucky if there was 100 people at this game.

rofl they are hardly big drawing sides.

Viennese Vuck

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

Bad news for the knights Jacob colosimo has done his knee suspected acl awaiting further testing ...
CL
CL
Fan
Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)

thejollyvic wrote:
Bad news for the knights Jacob colosimo has done his knee suspected acl awaiting further testing ...

Werribee bloke fell over his knee in the tackle and pop.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

Edited by thejollyvic: 7/4/2014 11:48:36 PM
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

port melb v south from last week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8NN7X0yx7U&list=UU-pJqYwPLIuIAAg1KRaOPDg

melbourne knights v werribee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO0Mxz2_8Gk

dingyv03
dingyv03
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Some piss poor referee decisions in this one...

IMO, the Filipovic 'foul' was 1) outside the box and 2) Wasn't and infringement as Colosimo won the ball.

But if I'm being fair, that's SOMEWHAT open to opinion.

On the other hand ..... THE ALINIJAD FOUL WAS INSIDE THE BOX BY A MILE AND HE GIVES A FREE KICK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!! Referee and lino in PERFECT positions.

The mind boggles...

[youtube]uO0Mxz2_8Gk[/youtube]
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

Avondale v Brunswick city

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wsr70HttL0

Still no idea how they are involved in the NPL

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I heard FC Bendigo got a good turnout.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

NPL & NPL 1 Round 4

P.S i will put complete results in these post as they come in

NPL Round 4

Pascoe Vale SC 0-1 Northcote City FC
Oakleigh Cannons FC 6-1 Green Gully
Goulburn Valley Suns FC 1-2 Port Melbourne
Hume City FC 0-3 South Melbourne FC
Werribee City FC 0-1 Bentleigh Greens SC
Melbourne Knights FC 1-2 Dandenong Thunder SC
Heidelberg United SC vs Ballarat Red Devils SC 3:00 PM - Mob 21 Apr - Olympic Village

NPL LADDER P W L D F A GD PTS
1   South Melbourne FC    3   3   0   0   11   5   6   9
2   Oakleigh Cannons FC    3   2   0   1   5   3   2   7
3   Dandenong Thunder SC   3   2   0   1   4   2   2   7
4   Ballarat Red Devils SC   2   2   0   0   6   3   3   6
5   Melbourne Knights FC   3   2   1   0   6   4   2   6
6   Werribee City FC    3   2   1   0   4   6   -2   6
7   Bentleigh Greens SC    2   1   0   1   4   3   1   4
8   Hume City FC    3   1   2   0   4   3   1   3
9   Green Gully SC    3   1   2   0   7   6   1   3
10   Heidelberg United SC    3   1   2   0   7   7   0   3
11   Port Melbourne Sharks 3   0   1   2   6   7   -1   2
12   Pascoe Vale SC    3   0   2   1   1   6   -5   1
13   Northcote City FC    3   0   3   0   5   9   -4   0
14   Goulburn Valley Suns    3   0   3   0   4   10   -6   0

NPL 1 Round 4
Whittlesea Ranges FC 2-4 Avondale Heights SC
Richmond SC 0-5 Kingston City FC
Moreland Zebras FC 3-4 Sunshine George Cross
Brunswick City SC 0-3 Box Hill United
North Geelong Warriors FC 2-1 FC Bulleen Lions
Dandenong City SC 5-2 Springvale White Eagles
St Albans Saints SC 2-1 FC Bendigo

NPL 1 LADDER P W L D F A GD PTS
1   Box Hill United SC    3   3   0   0   8   1   7   9
2   FC Bulleen Lions    3   2   0   1   7   4   3   7
3   Sunshine George Cross 3   2   0   1   4   1   3   7
4   Avondale Heights SC    3   2   1   0   7   3   4   6
5   St Albans Saints SC    3   2   1   0   9   6   3   6
6   North Geelong Warriors    3   2   1   0   5   3   2   6
7   Moreland Zebras FC    3   1   1   1   6   4   2   4
8   Whittlesea Ranges FC    3   1   1   1   5   5   0   4
9   Richmond SC Seniors   3   1   1   1   5   7   -2   4
10   Dandenong City SC    3   1   2   0   5   8   -3   3
11   Kingston City FC    3   1   2   0   4   9   -5   3
12   FC Bendigo    3   0   2   1   5   7   -2   1
13   Springvale White Eagles   3   0   3   0   4   9   -5   0
14   Brunswick City SC    3   0   3   0   3   10   -7   0

Edited by thejollyvic: 12/4/2014 01:11:41 AM

Edited by thejollyvic: 12/4/2014 05:08:13 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 12/4/2014 09:19:49 PM

Edited by thejollyvic: 13/4/2014 12:58:06 AM

Edited by thejollyvic: 13/4/2014 05:50:57 PM
El Toro
El Toro
Rising Star
Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)

bump- die spammers!
Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Still think the NPL should have started with one elite competition of only 10 clubs who met a strict criteria. The situation to be reviewed after two years with a possibility of increasing the league to 12 clubs . After that weigh up the options at the end of each season. The way they have done it is too watered down with far too many clubs in it who realisticly should be playing in amateur leagues.
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Box Hill looking good in npl 1
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
I heard FC Bendigo got a good turnout.

They did. Was great.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

For the second time in four rounds a Ballarat Red Devils away game has been washed out at an ex-VPL team's ground!

FFV wrote:
Due to poor pitch conditions at Olympic Village caused by this week's rain, FFV wishes to advise that Sunday's match between Heidelberg United FC and Ballarat Red Devils has been postponed to Easter Monday (April 21).

The U20s will kick off at 1pm, seniors at 3pm at Olympic Village #NPLVIC

Heckler
Heckler
Under 7s
Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)

Just look at the grounds facilities some clubs have in npl1 what a joke.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Poor kid is (temporarily) in a wheelchair at the moment.

FFV wrote:
Clubs Feel Young Devil's Pain
By Julian Trantino (@jtrantino16)

Ballarat's U20 NPL player Jake Francis in action for the the Victorian NTC team in 2012

It’s one of the most dreaded injuries in football, and one which can end a career.

On Saturday March 29, Jake Francis lay in agony on the pitch, daring not to look below his knees and fearing the worst.

The talented midfielder, who was playing for Ballarat Red Devils away to Goulburn Valley Suns in the National Premier Leagues (NPL) U20s, had copped the full brunt of a non-malicious tackle which broke both the tibia and fibula bones in his leg.

And if that ordeal wasn’t horrific enough, the match was abandoned as the brave 16-year-old was forced to wait 100 minutes for paramedics to arrive on the scene at Shepparton’s McEwen Reserve.

“I didn’t see the incident, but from all accounts it wasn’t the worst tackle and just one of those ones that happen every now and again, but we were really disappointed for Jake [Francis],” Ballarat chairman Duncan Smith said.

The incident shocked onlookers, who had come expecting the NPL seniors to kick off at 6.30, but were instead greeted by an ambulance parked in the middle of the pitch.

At 6.45, Francis was wheeled off in the stretcher and consoled by Ballarat’s senior players and staff, among them player-coach James Robinson.

The seniors finally kicked off minutes later, and despite losing a thrilling 3-2 match in the final 10 seconds to Ballarat, the shattering loss was almost insignificant to Goulburn Valley coach Melvyn Wilkes.

“On the Sunday after the match, I was trying to get some contact information for Jake [Francis] and tried the local Shepparton hospital. It was a bit hard because I’m new to the area and everyone’s sort of new to me,” Wilkes explained.

“I did manage to get a contact and I’m not sure if it was a family contact or family friend, but she said that Jake had been transferred to Ballarat.

“She told me the severity of the injury and I got in touch with Duncan Smith, the chairman of Ballarat, and just passed on our best wishes.”

Wilkes, a former Manchester City player, said he was no stranger to witnessing horrific injuries and could sympathise with Francis, who successfully underwent surgery last week and is expected to make a full recovery despite being in a wheelchair for the next fortnight.

“I’ve dealt with some players at a professional level in the UK who have been on the end of severe injuries. A lot of the time, and this was what the Ballarat doctor was alluding to, once a player’s injured they’re always sort of forgotten about,” the Englishman said.

“The minute they get better again, they seem to come back on the radar and as I said to Duncan [Smith], we have a duty of care not just to our players at the Goulburn Valley Suns, but to the players in general in Australia.

“Something like this brings home the fact that there’s bigger things to worry about in the world. The kid here has had a career-threatening injury, and yet there’s still people moaning about other nonsense in life.”

At the time of writing, Wilkes said Goulburn Valley was preparing for a hamper to be sent to Francis to “help out Jake and his family”.

Smith said he and the Ballarat fraternity appreciated Goulburn Valley’s thoughtful gesture.

“I was pleased that the coach [Wilkes] called me and also the chairman of the club sent me an email about their concerns,” Smith said.

“He’s [Francis] a Ballarat boy who has come through the academy here. He’s a very talented player, comes from a good family and he’s got a bright future ahead of him.

“He even came in on his wheelchair on the weekend to watch some of the academy game in Ballarat, and a lot of the boys when up to him to see how he was going.

“We’ll just do whatever we possibly can for him.”

Though still coming to grips with the season-ending injury to one of its much-loved local products, the mood is buoyant at Ballarat, with its senior team registering a perfect start to the season with wins against Goulburn Valley and Northcote City.

“To have played two matches and won them both, one being the longest trip in the league up to Shepparton and then of course to beat the premier team from last season at their home ground 3-1, it’s a dream start,” Smith said.

Smith said that while Ballarat may have been underestimated at the start of the NPL season, its form was making the rest of the NPL competition stand up and take notice.

“I was in there [at Northcote City] getting a beer at halftime and there were half a dozen old blokes around who weren’t even sure where Ballarat was,” Smith recalled.

“Someone asked, ‘where is Ballarat?’ and another said, ‘oh I think it’s up near Bendigo in the bush somewhere’. I just had a bit of a giggle to myself, but I’m sure by the end of the game they found out where Ballarat was.

“We’re going to get that for who knows how long, but hopefully people will start realising that we’re not just a bunch of country hicks.”

For Smith, the most pleasing aspect of Ballarat’s barnstorming start is that it has come on the back of its local talent.

“Out of the starting 11 on Saturday, there were eight players who have come out of the Ballarat academy, and then the three players who came off the bench all came through the Ballarat academy.”

“That makes the win even more special, remarkable or whatever word you want to use...it says a lot about what’s going on up here in Ballarat.”

With the long road to recovery ahead of him, Ballarat will be hoping that another of its locals, Francis, can successfully return and also one day fulfil his potential in the NPL.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search