New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

Author
Someguy
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I would say they should consider a star after being the first to hit 5 major trophies in the A-league era, but the whole stars thing just made the Mariners look like twats, although that was probably because they put two on for two trophies.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:
Thank you Rico!

It's a naked man running with a lion's mask on.

You now can't unsee it.

You're welcome.

(very) naked lion with a human mask perhaps?

take the red pill brisbane

Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Make it a proper lion rampant, like Aston Villa, some proper heraldry instead of a corporate logo.
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

inala brah wrote:
Heineken wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:
Thank you Rico!

It's a naked man running with a lion's mask on.

You now can't unsee it.

You're welcome.

(very) naked lion with a human mask perhaps?

take the red pill brisbane

A flayed man has no secrets.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The end of the banner (jetpack) doesn't work with the V shaped end of that ribbon FFS.

Proof of concept? Proof of alcohol.

I'm calling BS on this logo now - but having said that, there are people with crossed out Queensland Roar tats on their butts that are getting very worried.

I like our logo - because it's our logo.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

SoapShadow
SoapShadow
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)

sobkowski wrote:
fyi, a concept isn't the final stage of development.

It will 100% be cleaned up.

All they've put forward to IP Australia is an idea.

Fools !

I don't think anyone thinks it's the final product, we all know it's a proof of concept, still interesting nevertheless
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

humbert wrote:

The Brisbane Peugots vs the WS Toranas:p
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

sobkowski wrote:

Fools !

And of course colour added. Interesting and good step forward IMO.
Ryan's Rovers
Ryan's Rovers
Fan
Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)Fan (96 reputation)

sobkowski wrote:
extremely basic mods

my guess is that the jetpack scroll was added to fill in the empty space ?
Isn't that the lion's tail?
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Get rid of the 'ball'. Get rid of the blue. Stick with orange and black ... and the barest hint of maroon if we absolutely must (but prefer not).
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Ryan's Rovers wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
extremely basic mods

my guess is that the jetpack scroll was added to fill in the empty space ?
Isn't that the lion's tail?

good call.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Roar in me Blood wrote:
The end of the banner (jetpack) doesn't work with the V shaped end of that ribbon FFS.

I'm calling BS on this logo now - but having said that, there are people with crossed out Queensland Roar tats on their butts that are getting very worried.

With you on that.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
Roar in me Blood wrote:

With you on that.

+1

If this is a change it has to still have some resemblance to the current one.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Hopefully this goes through so it sets a precedent for other clubs to follow suit if they choose to.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

sobkowski wrote:
i cant wait for its final form because i cant think of a way to make the colours work

Yea, in its current form I think ive tried every color associated with Roar, only really looks good with Orange and Black at the moment.

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Whatever they do, they will need room for their growing list of championship stars in their logo :lol:

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

sobkowski wrote:
SoapShadow wrote:
sobkowski wrote:

Fools !

I don't think anyone thinks it's the final product, we all know it's a proof of concept, still interesting nevertheless

See the comment above mine... :-p

Ahhh - nope. But thanks for playing.

The point I was making is a reference to someone earlier talking about the jetpack end. I was agreeing that it doesn't seem to belong there.

I call BS on the logo because I can't figure out what their proof of jetpack represents.

Maybe it is the lion's tail mentioned later in the thread.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

So when do we find out this new design?

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Outline in blue or maroon if they need the other colours in there. Leave lion white.

The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Will be interesting to see what happens with all of this. It's my understanding that the FFA own and therefor must approve of all logos. It's not as simple as the club simply choosing to change their emblem.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

sobkowski wrote:

Fark that is looking sexier already! =d>

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Great work sobkowski.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

The grey does help, im surprised.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

sobkowski wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:
sobkowski wrote:

imagine what it'll look like when a pro cleans it up properly.

Edited by sobkowski: 11/5/2014 11:40:54 AM

If they see this, you need to get some commission :D

I used grey as well, but nothing compared to that, got skills son.

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

MrBrisbane wrote:
Great work sobkowski.

Very nice. Have you tried a variation on the current lion's head that gets rid of the cartoonish look, the blue and maroon, and replaces Roar with Brisbane?
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Hopefully this goes through so it sets a precedent for other clubs to follow suit if they choose to.

-PB

In fact Melbourne Heart City have applied for their new name,not FFA.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

crimsoncrusoe wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

Nice!

maninorange
maninorange
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
sobkowski wrote:

Fit!

Just goes to show the potential an idea has and why it's so important that clubs trademark conceptual designs.
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

crimsoncrusoe wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

That would just be to protect the trademark though. Surely like all other names and logos it will also have to be trademarked by the FFA. It is a license after all and at the end of the day the clubs don't own the right to be in the competition.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

MrBrisbane wrote:
Great work sobkowski.

Really nice!

You trying to tell us you're just some guy in front of a computer...?

=d> :d

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search