New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

Author
The Maco
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Something close to Aston villa's badge would look great
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
The Roar logo and name is the shittest in the country by a mile.

I know, it's a shame it's had to be engraved on the trophy so many times.

Sydney FC are the most successful Australian club side ever, six time national champions.
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

RedKat wrote:
Don't like it. FC is just floating in space. And the stars are stupid

I reckon save stars for when an A-League club wins a continental trophy.

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

Crusader wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
The Roar logo and name is the shittest in the country by a mile.

I know, it's a shame it's had to be engraved on the trophy so many times.

Sydney FC are the most successful Australian club side ever, six time national champions.

:lol:

Well if you want to start including titles from completely different competitions I may as well add in the premierships for the broncos and Lions to the list.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

As a Roar member,I wish they would just bin this logo for good.It has all the hallmarks of poor Brisbane Lions AFL copy.Cheap and tacky.
Time to move on and emphasise the Gold and Black and a more traditional lion style suitable for an emblem.Just like they are trying to register,

Edited by crimsoncrusoe: 21/7/2014 10:51:11 AM
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
BRFC_92 wrote:
BA81 wrote:

Looks great; only changes I'd make would be the 'Brisbane' lettering to be a bit larger, & for the badge's brown inner-border to be black or maroon.

I'd change the colours in the badge. Blue and maroon are no longer part of our colours. I'd also smarten up the font and also get rid of the football. It looks childish. Hopefully then it will look good.

For me id like old colors to stay, history for how short it is. I like the blue, Maroon is shit ill agree to that.

Edited by MrBrisbane: 20/7/2014 09:05:18 PM

Nah no way. They both need to go.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Rico! wrote:
the football o tho

I reckon. Complete cringe.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
BA81 wrote:

Looks great; only changes I'd make would be the 'Brisbane' lettering to be a bit larger, & for the badge's brown inner-border to be black or maroon.

Would love to see a version that is basically black and orange, loses the blue, minimises maroon, has FC under 'Brisbane', reduces the size the word 'Roar' to fit inside the badge.

Blue font?

Perhaps. I'm a bit torn. Currently it has too many colours (two of which are no longer part of our team colours) I actually prefer the blue to the maroon, BUT I can see a reason to keep the maroon (reference to the Qld Roar history).

I quite like the lion's head - a bit different to the typical Euro lion. But it's look a bit less of a cartoon if it was just orange and black (maybe with a touch of maroon).

The Roar with a football is just a bit try-hard.
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:
Rico! wrote:
the football o tho

How dare they use a football on their logo!
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=barcelona+logo&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#facrc=_
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

vanbasten88 wrote:
Draupnir wrote:
Rico! wrote:
the football o tho

How dare they use a football on their logo!
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=barcelona+logo&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#facrc=_

That's completely different and you know it :P

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

For those of you that don't like the maroon and blue.

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

ccmpete wrote:
For those of you that don't like the maroon and blue.

That is 10x better then the current one and it's as simple as removing a couple of colors.

Still not sure about the ball being the O, still very cartoon like, maybe if it was an old school ball like for Barca's logo it would look better.
ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Without the 'ball' O.

Edited by ccmpete: 22/7/2014 11:51:45 AM
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

Hmm, I think I actually like the ball O better then just the O :-k

Could you do one with an old school ball instead
A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
Still not sure about the ball being the O, still very cartoon like, maybe if it was an old school ball like for Barca's logo it would look better.

Because Roar were playing when these balls were used? :lol:
deluka
deluka
Amateur
Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)

Not sure if using an old ball would even work up against such a modern logo, I don't think it would look quite right
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

A16Man wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

So what, when have you seen a lion in Brisbane?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
A16Man wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

-PB

ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro

Some others...

hitpehoaos
hitpehoaos
Amateur
Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
A16Man wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

-PB

At the Zoo?
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

hitpehoaos wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
A16Man wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

-PB

At the Zoo?

Which zoo would that be?

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

aussieshorter wrote:
hitpehoaos wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
A16Man wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

-PB

At the Zoo?

Which zoo would that be?

It ain't over it was just a check!!!

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

Thanks for putting some more together Ccmpete

But if I had to vote i think I'd keep the current ball in there
Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star
Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)

Have you guys ever seen some of the design concepts for a new Brisbane Roar crest that were added for a competition last year at Big Footy.
Some really cool designs:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/logootw-9-brisbane-roar.993978/

The two final entries from Mowse I think are fantastic, especially the monogram style.

Canberra United - Member
KSV Hessen Kassel - Supporter
Lewes FC - Owner

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

Volrath2002 wrote:
Have you guys ever seen some of the design concepts for a new Brisbane Roar crest that were added for a competition last year at Big Footy.

The two final entries from Mowse I think are fantastic, especially the monogram style.

There are some absolutely terrible ones on there :lol:
Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star
Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

There are some absolutely terrible ones on there :lol:

Yeah there are some of those too :P

I do like these three:

Edited by Volrath2002: 22/7/2014 01:48:37 PM

Edited by Volrath2002: 22/7/2014 02:35:05 PM

Canberra United - Member
KSV Hessen Kassel - Supporter
Lewes FC - Owner

A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
A16Man wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

How is that the same? The lion is the mascot of the team.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

ccmpete wrote:
Without the 'ball' O.

Edited by ccmpete: 22/7/2014 11:51:45 AM

I like this one. Would be happy with this.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

If you're gonna have stars though make em a bit darker/noticeable.

Although I guess on an orange/black top they'd stick out already.

-PB

BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
If you're gonna have stars though make 'em a bit darker/noticeable.

Although I guess on an orange/black top they'd stick out already.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search