Quarter Final 3 | Argentina v Belgium

Quarter Final 3 | Argentina v Belgium

Author
spfc
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Despite Messi's individual brilliance for Argentina I reckon this one could easily go either way.
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Belgium have not impressed me, neither have Argentina. I felt Belgium struggled in the group stages although they went 3/3. The Russians seemed to outplay them for large portions of the match and if not for poor finishing by the ruskies i don't think Belgium would have got a result in that game.

Argentina have slowly improved in this tournament and I feel they have enough game winning players to get through .

Looking forward to the game
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

It'll be close with both teams being a bit scrappy. I hope Belgium win in the end.
isaiah
isaiah
Weekender
Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)

JonoMV wrote:
Belgium have not impressed me, neither have Argentina. I felt Belgium struggled in the group stages although they went 3/3. The Russians seemed to outplay them for large portions of the match and if not for poor finishing by the ruskies i don't think Belgium would have got a result in that game.

Argentina have slowly improved in this tournament and I feel they have enough game winning players to get through .

Looking forward to the game
is rugby league the other game you like to watch?

i have heard a lot of fans of that game, mainly from sydney, talk about teams 'outplaying' others for long periods as if that means they deserved to win or draw. football is about being clinical in the vital times in the box. you may get owned for 89 min, but if you score the only goal on the counter in the 90th, you got the win you deserved
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Keen. The two worst teams in the QF's for me. Hopefully that = good attacking game????
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Fantastic finish.
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

I got argentina to win the whole thing.

500 dollar pot, ohhh yeah that goal was sweet.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

That was some pass from Messi.
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Kalac with his touch of grey
moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Foster is getting annoying for me on Twitter. Never says anything in one tweet and seems obsessive with particular things like in this game Messi being some god. It is like most of Barca was knocked out in the group stages then another large part broke it's back and now Messi is his one hope for football as a sport.
Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

The worst game in the whole tournament so far. Argentina cynical fouls, simulation, whinging and time wasting from the tenth minute on. Couldn't wait for it to finish.
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Angus wrote:
The worst game in the whole tournament so far. Argentina cynical fouls, simulation, whinging and time wasting from the tenth minute on. Couldn't wait for it to finish.

This makes me happy I slept in on a Sunday
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Another fairly dour game.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

spfc
spfc
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

wish higuain could have finished after that messi-like run. messi still cant beat courtois
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

The excitement levels of games at this WC has gone downhill fast :(
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Gooner4life_8 wrote:
The excitement levels of games at this WC has gone downhill fast :(

In the diving end of the tournament now.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

First game Thibaut Courtouis has ever lost for Belgium
belgium1
belgium1
Super Fan
Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)Super Fan (138 reputation)

Argentina was poor but smart.
I was surprised that they were sitting back after the lead they took, but Belgium should have changed their tactics after 60 minutes.

Argentina had no intention to attack Belgium, so they were organised to defend the direct style, by bringing in a versatile second striker, ARgentina would have to change their organisation what would have created more goal scoring oppurtunities for Belgium.

Sabella outsmarted WIlmots, he went only for the result and booked his ticket for the semis.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
belgium1 wrote:
Argentina was poor but smart.
I was surprised that they were sitting back after the lead they took, but Belgium should have changed their tactics after 60 minutes.

Argentina had no intention to attack Belgium, so they were organised to defend the direct style, by bringing in a versatile second striker, ARgentina would have to change their organisation what would have created more goal scoring oppurtunities for Belgium.

Sabella outsmarted WIlmots, he went only for the result and booked his ticket for the semis.

Wilmots pointed to lack of experience from his team in tournament football. I think he said Belgium were one of the youngest teams in Brazil.

Edited by Decentric: 7/7/2014 06:00:25 PM
clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Angus wrote:

Must have thought you were at blue tongue.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search