Forum Rules (Expired 31/10/12)

Forum Rules (Expired 31/10/12)

Author
The Ed
FourFourTwo Staff
FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (32 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The au.fourfourtwo.com forums are provided for the enjoyment of football fans and to encourage discussion to help develop and promote the sport in Australia. All comers, who contribute with constructive comments, are welcome. Team and club allegiances are similarly welcome, but unnecessary flaming to incite arguments are not! Football is something to enjoy and when played beautifully… behold.

The rules are simple. Follow these and things will be just dandy:

No racism, sexism, bigotry or other discrimination.

No threats of violence.

No swearing, unless for rhyming purposes and that it is guaranteed to make at least 90% of all people here laugh out loud. Having said that, definitely no “C” words… not even with @#$%^ or & used as substitute letters! No swearing at all in thread titles.

No spam ads, they’re annoying. That goes for chain letters too.

No posting of inappropriate or vulgar material (i.e. of an adult nature).

No posting of links to live online streams of matches or other presentations that do not pertain to and abide by the relevant Australian broadcaster's copyrights. This includes providing instructions, and initiating other users to contact you via the Private Messaging service.

No defamatory or hateful threats.

No inaccurate or false posts about people, clubs, teams and/or supporters. Credit your source if posting or commenting on news.

No personal attacks on fellow forum users and/or moderators. Criticise the idea, not the person.

You promise to never use anyone else’s account and username or impersonate any real person.

You acknowledge that all posts made express your views and opinions and not the moderators or owners of this site and hence will not be held liable.

While we recognise the cultural diversity of football fans in Australia, all posting on Australian FFT is in English, so as to be inclusive of as many readers as possible. Blatant disregard of this rule will result in suspension and then banning from the site.

Haymarket Media reserves the right to reproduce any comments or posts submitted to au.fourfourtwo.com in other print and electronic media.

Please also bear in mind:

The moderators will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material as quickly as possible.

Anyone who objects to a post is encouraged to notify a moderator. The moderators reserve the right to remove objectionable content if they determine that removal is necessary.

A moderator’s decision is final. Ignoring a moderator’s request will result in you being banned.

If you breach these rules, you will be warned once. Subsequent offences will result in your Username and IP address being banned.

Always check first to see if what you intend to start a thread about has not already been posted.

We advise you to ignore anyone on the forums who is unduly causing concern. If you feel strongly, report it and we will make a decision on the appropriate action.

Edited by martyB: 5/3/2009 06:45:56 PM

Edited by martyB: 30/10/2012 11:32:07 PM

Edited by Funky Munky: 1/11/2012 08:35:41 PM
Edited
Last Year by The Ed
ratice
ratice
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)Hardcore Fan (196 reputation)

how do we get a topic 'stickied'?ask one of the mods?
Shagin
Shagin
Fan
Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)Fan (72 reputation)

any plans on having a filter that changes swear words into #!@%?
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Firstly, wheres the FAQ thread as advertised by the Forum name "Rules, FAQs & Announcements"???? I found Rules and Announcements!

So ill just ask my question here.

Question:
How the heck do i use the YouTube and Image functions when adding a reply?

The Web Guy
The Web Guy
FourFourTwo Staff
FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (548 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Good point.

Was planning on doing this but keep forgeting about it :/

Later in the day I'll make a thread in this forum about how to do everything, and other useful things that you may not know about.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

lucky us :) been waiting for someone to tell us all how to do stuff other than make regular posts :P
gardo55
gardo55
Under 7s
Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)

On the weekend I saw a keeper came outside his area and took down a striker with a rugby style tackle, ball played around keeper and he then tackled striker both arms around the legs. with no other defender in sight....It was clearly deliberte and in no way was the keeper ever playing for the ball as the ball was already well played passed him. The referee rules a freekick and issued a yellow card... In response to comments from the fence about and instant red...The lines replied firstly it was to far out from goal and then stated that "last man in defence and instant red" was not a ruling.

I there anyone who has a correct ruling on this?

Should it be an instant red or was a yellow the correct ruling. Was the lines also correct in his "it was too far out"

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

um....This os "forum rules" start a new topic in a suitable area...sounds like shit refereeing so try "grassroots"
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

ROFLMAO "rugby style tackle".

Some1 is full of sh*t: either you are lying or grossly exaggerating; or the referee is a complete dumbass.

Im sure if it were a rugby-style tackle, he'd be sent off without hesitation, and if the events did happen as you describe, surely he'd be suspended for several matches.

ROFLMAO Yellow card, rugby tackle!! =d> ooh thats a good one ;)
martyB
martyB
Legend

Shagin wrote:
any plans on having a filter that changes swear words into #!@%?

Any plans on having a filter that puts a light-bulb (preferably a 25W halogen) adjacent to indjuts' names?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

CAn we have a filter for stupid?? Or do we have to continue to rely on the pills for that??

Nice sig btw.
The Frontliner
The Frontliner
Super Fan
Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
The Ed wrote:
While we recognise the cultural diversity of football fans in Australia, all posting on Australian FFT is in English, so as to be inclusive of as many readers as possible. Blatant disregard of this rule will result in suspension and then banning from the site.

Is this a new rule this one ginge??

what about all the fans of football in Australia a self styled culturally diverse nation who dont use English as a first language??

Sounds like like your leaving yourself open to some sort of racism charge here ginge

We're not all plastic poms like yourself you know??
martyB
martyB
Legend

English is the only official language in Australia. The sound is no racism/discrimination "charge" or ethical debate. Sounds like you're full of shit, but we've all suspected that for a while.
rooboy91
rooboy91
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)Hardcore Fan (297 reputation)

martyB wrote:
English is the only official language in Australia.

Yeah?
The Frontliner
The Frontliner
Super Fan
Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)

martyB wrote:

Says who??

link or STFU
martyB
martyB
Legend

English is your 3rd language? Need to learn a bit more. You don't have a suitable grasp of the language to even link my above comment to yours LOL. I guess i should explain the relevance of my statement. in english we have something called implication.

English is the only official language in australia, Says who? i will reference when you reference every other random, trash-filled quote you have made.... hence, any communication between citizens in this official language is not discriminatory; but your writing in Croatian for those who do not speak English as their first language, without translation in a public domain is. and i bring up the reference to discrimination since you had brought up "racism charge".
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

The Frontliner wrote:
martyB wrote:

Says who??

link or STFU
Well seeming we are a dominion of England our language is de-facto English.
The Frontliner
The Frontliner
Super Fan

Why are you answering my questions I want to talk to someone who has some nouse not ome half baked wannabe moderator

Oi ginge are you reading this i wanna speak to the engineer not the oily rag
martyB
martyB
Legend

rooboy91 wrote:
martyB wrote:

Yeah?

Yes, some countries have several. Its really only a legality, obviously you can freely talk whatever language you want.

LOL half-baked moderator =d>

i dont like you, nothing personal, i just dont like idiots.
The Frontliner
The Frontliner
Super Fan

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

bothered??
martyB
martyB
Legend

i do not care.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The Frontliner wrote:
martyB wrote:

Says who??

link or STFU

ok...lets start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia
...on the right hand table of information under "official languages" ;) and you can probably find somethign similar on the CIA's country index...

...now, go fuck a blender.
Quote:
Why are you answering my questions I want to talk to someone who has some nouse not ome half baked wannabe moderator

You mean you want to talk to someone who's not allowed to start a fight with you so you can say what you like and they have to grin and bear it.

Quote:
i dont like you, nothing personal, i just dont like idiots.

This bloke is a candidate for post-natal abortion...
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

It is irrelevant on what the official language of Australia is (which is obviously English..have you turned on the TV lately? Read any street signs?), the fact remains that Australian 442 reports in English and the forums are in English.

This is an English speaking website. If you don't like it, go find a non-English speaking website and spend your time there.

Thats not a racist comment, its a choice that you can make.

Discussion closed.
azzurro89
azzurro89
Rising Star
Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)

why the hell do people want to speak in a different lanuage for??? i ocassionally go into italian forums so feel no need to write italian here
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Thats not a racist comment, its a choice that you can make.

Discussion closed.

a choice you make eh?...like smoking or losing ones virginity... :P

Your 'red card' button seems to be faulty, it's still open.

leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

your not racist if you hate everybody.
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

leftrightout wrote:
your not racist if you hate everybody.

Hate everybody equally.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Ironically hating everybody disproportionately or unequally is favouritism.
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

lol:lol:
Sniper
Sniper
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

I'm black and I'm the most racist person I know. :lol:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search