Socceroo Brazil match stats

Socceroo Brazil match stats

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I've just completed the Chile game.

When I've done the Dutch and Spanish fixtures, I'll put all of them in an archive in Performance section. I'll also put them in the Australian section.

For those seduced by equating the best players at international level, playing in the best leagues, it certain didn't extrapolate in the Chile game. Jedda, ostensibly our player playing in the best league, the EPL, had little influence by his standards. Oar was very quiet too.

As I looked at replays closely, Cahill's second half goal disallowed was the correct decision. However, he should have had two clear cut penalties. After dominating us in the first half, Chile's full pressing and intensive squeezing took its toll in the second half. They ran out of gas. Australia probably should've won, although outclassed in the first half.

Edited by Decentric: 11/8/2014 11:37:01 PM
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric wrote:
I've just completed the Chile game.

When I've done the Dutch and Spanish fixtures, I'll put all of them in an archive in Performance section. I'll also put them in the Australian section.

For those seduced by equating the best players at international level, playing in the best leagues, it certain didn't extrapolate in the Chile game. Jedda, ostensibly our player playing in the best league, the EPL, had little influence by his standards. Oar was very quiet too.

As I looked at replays closely, Cahill's second half goal disallowed was the correct decision. However, he should have had two clear cut penalties. After dominating us in the first half, Chile's full pressing and intensive squeezing took its toll in the second half. They ran out of gas. Australia probably should've won, although outclassed in the first half.

Edited by Decentric: 11/8/2014 11:37:01 PM

I await with interest some more player breakdowns :d
Higashi
Higashi
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Stats for the games are available on Stat Zone for those interested.

For game against Chile:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/statszone/4-2013/matches/731770

For game against Netherlands:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/statszone/4-2013/matches/731786

For game against Spain:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/statszone/4-2013/matches/731801

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Mysteriously week defensive performances by jedi
I wonder why
perhaps he just struggles at the next level up
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

I'm nearly half way through the Spanish game after completing the Dutch and Chilean fixtures.=

Oar has been consistently ineffective.

Fans should stop claiming that because a player plays in such and such a league , he should play in the national team. The HAL players, Spira, Milligan, Franjic and McKay, for whatever reason, have been as good as the European, American, Asian club players.

Jedda has struggled.

Leckie has been good all the time. One of the few players to have really improved by going to Europe.=d>

Spira has starred.

I think Bresc's match fitness has let him down, probably the same as Jedda.

Davo has been a little inconsistent, but done very well at times. Needs another season in the Eredivise to consolidate. Going to EPL is a big risk, if he spends time on the bench.

Wilko has done better than expected.

Milligan was excellent in his only game. For some reason, the whole team seems to lift when Milligan is on the pitch, even though he is only one of the better players in the HAL, and, we've all seen him make mistakes in the HAL. A bit like Holger saying Archie has the same effect. He constantly gesticulates to other players to position them. Milligan just seems to lift with better players around him in international football. Franjic, McKay and Spira are the same.

Few players in this Roo team are experienced international players.

Ryan's foots skills on the deck are outstanding. His shot stopping and coming off his line for crosses need to improve.

Should finish all in the next few days. I'm heading off to a remote location. Should have all the stats and analysis up next week.

Edited by Decentric: 27/8/2014 09:23:01 AM

Edited by Decentric: 27/8/2014 09:24:31 AM
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Interesting.

I think we can all agree Oar was sub par at the world cup and did not have a good tournament. He has been better for the socceroos in previous matches without setting the world on fire.

When he gets the ball, he seems to always try to do too much and then loses it. Its good he feels confident to take players on but needs to vary his game to make it more effective. I think he'll improve with more experience. Still fairly young.

I agree about Milligan. Has almost always played well for Australia as a DM. Heavily underrated by many on these forums.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Not far to go.

Funnily enough, Spain are outplaying us more than any either Chile and Holland. As soon as the Roos ran out of gas to perform the high intensity squeezing, Spain dominated with extraordinary technique.

I'd have all the stats for the three games up by Friday, but I'm going to a remote location and only have an Ipad for a week.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

oar had a poor season last year but was outstanding the year before, 7th best in the eredivisie. He has started this season well with a man of the match performance against feyenoord though still looked occasionally rusty and queit

last season he had a back injury all year and he played through the pain
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search