Would this be considered restricted view?

Would this be considered restricted view?

Author
dano_j
Hacker
Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
So I bought a cat 2 venue pack for Melbourne and in the two times I've had to use my allocated seat i can't see a good third of the pitch because of the advertising hoardings. Not sure if I should take it up with the organisers, or if i should just harden up, but I feel like for the money i paid id like to be able to see the game. Here's the view from my seat

Edited by dano_j: 21/1/2015 09:16:17 AM
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Apparently in Newy for the Japan/Palestine game, anyone with such a low seat like that, where the advertising boards restricted the view, were given free tickets to the top of the grandstand.

Make sure you re-use that drink tray m8.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
Apparently in Newy for the Japan/Palestine game, anyone with such a low seat like that, where the advertising boards restricted the view, were given free tickets to the top of the grandstand.

That happened to me, they called me about it even.
williamn
williamn
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

bottom three rows should always be considered restricted view.
Schultzy
Schultzy
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Have to say after having Cat 2 tickets in brisbane. I think Cat 3 tickets are better value. I spent the whole time twisted on my seat because my seat faced straight down the strip where players warm up. spent the whole time thinking I should have got Cat 3
dano_j
dano_j
Hacker
Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)Hacker (425 reputation)

Schultzy wrote:
Have to say after having Cat 2 tickets in brisbane. I think Cat 3 tickets are better value. I spent the whole time twisted on my seat because my seat faced straight down the strip where players warm up. spent the whole time thinking I should have got Cat 3

Yep Cat two is a giant ripoff, i only got it cause cat three was sold out
absent
absent
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

dano_j wrote:
Schultzy wrote:

Yep Cat two is a giant ripoff, i only got it cause cat three was sold out

A similar story here in Newcastle, my cat 2 tix directly on the goal line...

So how many 'Saison Cards' did you sign up for before you left the match?
Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Have experienced the same problem during the Asian Cup and at A League matches and have written to the F.F.A. about this. As expected there hasn't been a reply. I won't give up and will write again and I urge others to do likewise. Moving the advertising hoardings along the fence would be a simple solution. This will rightly give spectators full view of the ground as they are entitled to and advertisers will still get the same exposure on TV. The current situation is simply not good enough F.F.A.
absent
absent
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Atlas wrote:
Have experienced the same problem during the Asian Cup and at A League matches and have written to the F.F.A. about this. As expected there hasn't been a reply. I won't give up and will write again and I urge others to do likewise. Moving the advertising hoardings along the fence would be a simple solution. This will rightly give spectators full view of the ground as they are entitled to and advertisers will still get the same exposure on TV. The current situation is simply not good enough F.F.A.

FFA have no control over this whatsoever. This is a AFC competition run by AFC officials and the sponsors have paid their money to have those signs exactly where they are - that ain't changing for anyone.

If any action will be taken, it will be along the lines of reimbursing or altering the spectator, not the sponsors.
Mozilla
Mozilla
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

It's a bit ridiculous TBH. I purchased cat 2 restricted viewing to the QF in melb since everything else was sold out, but after testing out those very seats at last nights game (the seats were actually only a few rows behind my jord-jap seats), it was clear that there was absolutely no restriction of the field whatsoever, rather, all that was obstructed was the main grandstand which was behind a big cement block... pffft.

Was pretty thrilled but have no idea why my seat was labelled as restricted whilst the first few rows have apparently been some of the first to sell out in the 'venue' packs when the viewing is clearly alot more restricted :lol:

The triangular upper bay 12 in cat2 I thought made for pretty decent viewing, though the lower bays were utter shite :lol:

Edited by Mozilla: 21/1/2015 03:21:04 PM
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Were you the bloke sitting on the ledge down front? I was a couple of rows behind on the edge and it was utterly shite for "cat b". Most games i'd just abandon my seats and make my way to the north end (got a venue pack) but last night there was too many people. Every single seat in category c is better than category b at AAMI park and suncorp. Was raging because They didn't put all category c tickets on sale at the start and i bought cat b instead thinking c was sold out, only to find more available the following week

Edited by melbourne_terrace: 21/1/2015 03:16:44 PM

Viennese Vuck

killua
killua
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

I had to laugh looking at the venue seating for Melbourne. IMO Cat 3 had much better seats than Cat 2.

The corner flag is where you stuff the away fans.
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

The worst experience I ever had was sitting next to the glass at Etihad at night

The glass reflected the right side of the field so I could literally only see half of the game - the right side of the field and a reflection of it

I spent the whole game watching the big screen

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Must say that picture in the opening post, looks farkin shittt. When O when will they build purpose made rectangular / high stands stadiums. Makes you wonder how many decades will pass

absent
absent
Pro

Yea meboorne, bild da proppa rektangals oreedy u stooges
dano_j
dano_j
Hacker

melbourne_terrace wrote:
Were you the bloke sitting on the ledge down front? I was a couple of rows behind on the edge and it was utterly shite for "cat b". Most games i'd just abandon my seats and make my way to the north end (got a venue pack) but last night there was too many people. Every single seat in category c is better than category b at AAMI park and suncorp. Was raging because They didn't put all category c tickets on sale at the start and i bought cat b instead thinking c was sold out, only to find more available the following week

Yeah that was me, small world! I managed to stay there until 10 mins into the second half when security decided that was enough.
NurseryCryminal
NurseryCryminal
Fan
Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)

I'm in a pretty similar situation. My seats are in the second row and although my view is not as bad the picture in the OP, I still can't see a lot of what happens on the near side. Cat 2 is, indeed, a total sham and I only bought them because Cat 3 was "sold out".

There was a poor kid in the Aus V Kuw game sitting in the first row who clearly could not see over the advertising boards at all (or the cameramen's heads), and was forced to watch the entire game behind him on the big screen. Dunno how any organisers can justify shit like that.

It's lucky only two of the games have been sold out.
Axelv
Axelv
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

dano_j wrote:
So I bought a cat 2 venue pack for Melbourne and in the two times I've had to use my allocated seat i can't see a good third of the pitch because of the advertising hoardings. Not sure if I should take it up with the organisers, or if i should just harden up, but I feel like for the money i paid id like to be able to see the game. Here's the view from my seat

Edited by dano_j: 21/1/2015 09:16:17 AM

Dat beer doe =p~
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

dano_j wrote:
melbourne_terrace wrote:

Yeah that was me, small world! I managed to stay there until 10 mins into the second half when security decided that was enough.

You were hardly blocking anyone ffs. I'm just going to walk into the Uzbek active tomorrow, no way am I going back to the corner

Viennese Vuck

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Holy fuck?!?!?! You're actually getting served full strength Kirin beer at AAMI park during the stadium?!?!?!

ANZ are offering the mouthwatering options of Hahn Super Dry 3.5%, or XXXX Gold.

Hunter Stadium are only serving XXXX Gold.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

dano_j
dano_j
Hacker

Heineken wrote:
Holy fuck?!?!?! You're actually getting served full strength Kirin beer at AAMI park during the stadium?!?!?!

ANZ are offering the mouthwatering options of Hahn Super Dry 3.5%, or XXXX Gold.

Yep Kirin and one other full strength beer the whole tourney. I figured since Kirin were sponsors it would have been everywhere?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

dano_j wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Yep Kirin and one other full strength beer the whole tourney. I figured since Kirin were sponsors it would have been everywhere?

I suspect NSW's draconian alcohol laws mean that mid strength was the only option available up here. I miss Melbourne and their care free approach to drinking. :cry:

That being said, last time I was at the SFS for a Sydney FC game, they seem to have moved back to full strength VB from Carlton Mid. :-k

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

dano_j
dano_j
Hacker

I got in contact with the ticketing people and ended up getting a refund of $100

better than nothing i guess
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend

dano_j wrote:
I got in contact with the ticketing people and ended up getting a refund of $100

better than nothing i guess

ffs i should have done the same.

Viennese Vuck

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
I miss Melbourne and their care free approach to drinking. :cry:

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search