Australia vs Iran final

Australia vs Iran final

Author
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Not wanting to look forward too far, with China and Japan games to come, but wouldn't it be amazing to have an Australia vs Iran final. It will be a chance to avenge the loss on November 29, 1997. Can you imagine the atmosphere of a final against Iran?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/asian-cup-2015-iran-return-to-melbourne-for-first-time-since-infamous-world-cup-qualifier/story-fnqk652h-1227180802001?nk=e861ba21ea4b5dcf63332c515cef600e
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

We didn't actually lose ;)

Easily the most painful football moment of my life. Italy was bitter but Iran was heartbreaking. I've watched the second leg multiple times and we should have put 10 away that game.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Would be awesome.

Don't jinx it though.

Iran '97 gave me PTSD.
VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

johnszasz wrote:

Easily the most painful football moment of my life. Italy was bitter but Iran was heartbreaking. I've watched the second leg multiple times and we should have put 10 away that game.
Just like the Korea game on Saturday? ????
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

johnszasz wrote:

So you're a sucker for punishment then. There is no way I could sit through a minute of that horror show again.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Ever since I watched Qatar vs Iran, I've been praying for the Socceroos to face up against Iran in any leg. I would freaking love it if this game were to happen - and if it does this Cup, I have guarenteed tickets to it :cool:

My old man still says watching the 97 Iran game live was one of the most painful things he's ever done. For about 10 years afterwards, he had a screensaver on his computer that was just text that said "2-2" and he took heaps of life lessons from it, and every time he saw that screensaver he'd get a bit depressed, but also motivated to keep moving forward and try and knock over whatever in life he was currently attempting to do.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

We need this final. I need this final.

Like many I was there almost 20 years ago, and like many others - I haven't watched a single bit of the game since.
George_Worst
George_Worst
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Definitely our countries most painful football memory (and there has been a few). I do fear however that their fans would absolute annihilate ours even if we outnumbered them 3 to 1.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Surprised by just how shit all these latest threads have been

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

socceroo_06 wrote:
johnszasz wrote:

So you're a sucker for punishment then. There is no way I could sit through a minute of that horror show again.

We dominated them big time and it's great to watch. I then see the conceded goals and shake my head. It was too simple. Otherwise iran were complete rabble that night. Never forget the dickhead who pulled the goal net down.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

4wanderer4 wrote:
johnszasz wrote:

Just like the Korea game on Saturday? ????

I think we've all seen enough football to know this game is cruel and anything can happen. Most important for me is that a team plays and fights. It's frustrating if they don't win but the will was there and that's why I support them.
Damo Baresi
Damo Baresi
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

"Iran so far away " - A Flock of Seagulls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Pq0xYr3L4
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

50cal_Puskàs wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Australia vs Iran final

Suzuki Cup?

Malaysia v Thailand?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

highkick05 wrote:

Top quality contribution there.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

I was 13 watching it at home with my dad in country NSW. We had only recently gotten SBS a few years before.

I remember being so excited. The first time I got really nervous about a sporting event. We all know what happened. I was inconsolable for like a week.

I have watched it once before since. I can't believe we didn't score 5 in the first half. They were woeful. Asian football has changed a lot over the years and become more cultured. The game was very kick and rush.

It makes watching Uruguay '05 so much better though. I was lucky enough to be there that day. Change my life.

For all the young'uns who have never seen the Iran game you should watch it. Its an initiation.

jdbbshdvjksb
jdbbshdvjksb
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Wouldn't go even half way to avenging a missed WC finals appearance.

u4486662
u4486662
World Class

jdbbshdvjksb wrote:
Wouldn't go even half way to avenging a missed WC finals appearance.

I'm willing to get over it if we beat them in this tournament in the final.

We've made the last 3 world cups so I'm slowly getting over it.

Uruguay '05 helped.
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

highkick05 wrote:

Biggest gee up in forum history?
stefcep
stefcep
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

johnszasz wrote:

me too and I still can't believe they keep missing the same chances every time I view it, you'd think they'd learn after the the first time.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

highkick05 wrote:

Not the same when it's not you're own shit is it?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

jdbbshdvjksb
jdbbshdvjksb
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
highkick05 wrote:

-PB

Like smelling someone elses Fart
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

jdbbshdvjksb wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
highkick05 wrote:

-PB

Like smelling someone elses Fart

Learn from the best. =d>

johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro

Oh my goodness. Half time. UAE 1, Japan 0.

If UAE can hang on for a win, they'd be an easier opponent than Japan -- and then an Australia-Iran final is within touching distance.

45 minutes to go. Go UAE - (I never thought I'd find myself saying that).

Edited by johnsmith: 23/1/2015 09:39:32 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

johnsmith wrote:

If UAE can hang on for a win, they'd be an easier opponent than Japan -- and then an Australia-Iran final is within touching distance.

Yeah because a team that beats japan will be easier than japan. Fucking dumb cunt. Youve posted a lot of shit lately.

Freddie AppsHero
Freddie AppsHero
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Uhh... Iran is out.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

johnsmith wrote:

Um. Iran are out bro.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

u4486662 wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Um. Iran are out bro.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Um. Iran are out bro.

Poor little johnny.
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro

Dan_The_Red wrote:
paladisious wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

Um. Iran are out bro.

Poor little johnny.

Sadness being felt here. Still, I'd rather hear the news from this forum rather than being shocked by reading about it on another site :) I was concentrating on the Japan game so I didn't see the scores of the SK-Iran game.

I don't have a preference for meeting South Korea or Iraq in the final -- although there might be more vociferous fans if we play against Iraq.

Edited by johnsmith: 23/1/2015 10:44:06 PM
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

johnsmith wrote:
Dan_The_Red wrote:
paladisious wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

Um. Iran are out bro.

Poor little johnny.

Sadness being felt here. Still, I'd rather hear the news from this forum rather than being shocked by reading about it on another site :) I was concentrating on the Japan game so [size=9]I didn't see the scores of the SK-Iran game.[/size]

I don't have a preference for meeting South Korea or Iraq in the final -- although there might be more vociferous fans if we play against Iraq.

Edited by johnsmith: 23/1/2015 10:44:06 PM

:lol:

I know what you meant but still funny given the conversation at hand.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search