Asian Cup Logistics

Asian Cup Logistics

Author
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
How have they been?

I for one am shitty about event buses not running in Sydney. The Asian Cup sight says to check the NSW transport site, and provides a link, but the link on shows what the bus routes are, and never actually says if and when they're running. If anyone knows more about that, details would be great!
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Sounds like a Sydney problem, shit public transport. Nothing new to see here, move along.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Damn.

Brisbane had everything running tight.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

TfNSW actually got something right in free public transport with Asian Cup tickets (although that may be an AFC thing). It makes the train trip to Newcastle and back semi bearable - mind you, it's not that expensive each way.

Event buses wouldn't have been a bad idea out of ANZ. However they're organized by TfNSW, so the AFC would have had to have gone through the government for that. Perhaps the AFC weren't willing to foot the extra bill for event buses. Its not cheap, especially since the majority of event buses are outsourced through private bus companies like Transdev & West/Hillsbus. The only public makor event buses that run out of Olympic Park are the Northern Beaches services, and then I think they share that with Forest buslines.

Edited by Heineken: 26/1/2015 10:25:58 PM

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Driven to all 6 Sydney games so far and except for the Iran game, got out of the carpark within 5 minutes.

Final will be train though
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I have caught the train from Newy for every Sydney game I've gone to and it has been so cruisy.
Ecce
Ecce
Amateur
Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)

Heineken wrote:
It makes the train trip to Newcastle and back semi bearable

I much prefer to live in Newcastle and take a trip to Sydney for a major event than living there and being stuck in your traffic day in/day out.

I can't imagine why you'd think the short trip up the coast is a hassle.
Shatter
Shatter
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Ecce wrote:
Heineken wrote:

I much prefer to live in Newcastle and take a trip to Sydney for a major event than living there and being stuck in your traffic day in/day out.

Thank God we built these things called trains, where you can avoid the traffic day in/day out if you so wish.
Ultimate
Ultimate
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
TfNSW actually got something right in free public transport with Asian Cup tickets (although that may be an AFC thing). It makes the train trip to Newcastle and back semi bearable - mind you, it's not that expensive each way.

Pretty sure free public transport is regulated by the NSW gov for "Major Events" + normal games over I think 30k. So derbies and some Nrl games get included when they estimate a decent crowd
Ecce
Ecce
Amateur
Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)

Shatter wrote:
Ecce wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Thank God we built these things called trains, where you can avoid the traffic day in/day out if you so wish.

No actually we built those trains for you in Newcastle, and you will find that you spend a lot longer on your trains than I do in my car to work. To say nothing about how long it takes you to get to the beach, shopping centres, etc.

That's all I'm saying, given all the amount of time you guys spend commuting, I can't see why a trip to Newcastle seems like such a hassle. Is it just because you feel you are leaving the centre of the Universe?
nickk
nickk
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

I would assume there will be event buses for the final, they would have just been waiting for the Socceroos to make it.
Here are the details for Australia vs Oman.
http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/events/2015/01/afc-asian-cup-2015-oman-v-australia.page?

Shatter
Shatter
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Ecce wrote:
Shatter wrote:
Ecce wrote:
Heineken wrote:

No actually we built those trains for you in Newcastle, and you will find that you spend a lot longer on your trains than I do in my car to work. To say nothing about how long it takes you to get to the beach, shopping centres, etc.

That's all I'm saying, given all the amount of time you guys spend commuting, I can't see why a trip to Newcastle seems like such a hassle. Is it just because you feel you are leaving the centre of the Universe?

You must work from home then because my commute from my front door to work takes about fifteen minutes.

As far as I can tell, the only person whinging is you. You sound as bitter as fuck. As far as I can see the mythical Sydney siders that keep whinging are just voices in your head because you don't appear to be responding to anyone.

I'm currently commuting back from Newcastle and haven't whinged once about the games venue. I will complain about you though. You need to stop being a little bitch and complaining.
Ecce
Ecce
Amateur

Shatter wrote:
Ecce wrote:
Shatter wrote:
Ecce wrote:
Heineken wrote:

You must work from home then because my commute from my front door to work takes about fifteen minutes.

I was responding to the "semi-bearable" comment by Heineken, not some mythical Sydneysider.

Travelling a couple of hours to see something you like is nothing.

I do mostly work from home and travel very little but I was talking about the average person. You are dreaming if you think the average Sydneysider spends less time in traffic than a person in Newcastle.

I'm not bitter, just amused. You on the other hand, don't seem to be able to hear a different point of view without losing your cool. Look in the mirror.

Edited by ecce: 28/1/2015 08:06:08 AM
nickk
nickk
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Details for the final.

http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/events/2015/01/afc-asian-cup-2015-final.page?
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
I have caught the train from Newy for every Sydney game I've gone to and it has been so cruisy.

3 hours on the train ? why does it take so long ?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Ecce wrote:
Heineken wrote:

No crowds down here in Tassie, which has a fantastic lifestyle.

We have top level cricket, but not enough football yet.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

lukerobinho wrote:
pv4 wrote:

3 hours on the train ? why does it take so long ?

Between Central and Gosford, it's not too bad. Depending on the train the stopping pattern generally is:

Central--Strathfield--Epping--Hornsby--Berowa--Hawksbury River--Woy Woy then all Stations to Gosford, than all stations to Wyong, then all stations to Newcastle.

It's almost 200kms between Central & Newcastle. It's not a short trip. Driving takes ~1.5 hours. on a map, it looks like a nothing commute. It doesn't help that our rail system is completely outdated.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Decentric wrote:
Ecce wrote:
Heineken wrote:

No crowds down here in Tassie, which has a fantastic lifestyle.

We have top level cricket, but not enough football yet.

Need Corndog and Gilly to release a 'best of' CD.

Axelv
Axelv
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

I need some help.

Checking out http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/events/2015/01/afc-asian-cup-2015-final.page?

Says:

Quote:
Valid pre-purchased Asian Cup match tickets include travel to and from Stadium Australia on:

Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog stations)

Not being from Sydney, this means nothing to me:

If I were to take the train from Liverpool station, would that be "bounded" by one of those lines and having an Asia Cup Final ticket will get me to and from the stadium for free?

nickk
nickk
World Class

Axelv wrote:
I need some help.

Checking out http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/events/2015/01/afc-asian-cup-2015-final.page?

Says:

Quote:
Valid pre-purchased Asian Cup match tickets include travel to and from Stadium Australia on:

If I were to take the train from Liverpool station, would that be "bounded" by one of those lines and having an Asia Cup Final ticket will get me to and from the stadium for free?

None of those stations are in Sydney they are well outside.

Axelv
Axelv
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

nickk wrote:
Axelv wrote:
I need some help.

Says:

Quote:

None of those stations are in Sydney they are well outside.

I'd assume that being bound would mean any station between that location and stadium Australia is covered?

I'm guessing Liverpool is bound by Goulburn?
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Yes Axelv. Just tell the guard/station master that you are on your way to the game and they will open the gate for you.

As Nickk said, Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog are outside the greater Sydney region. It basically means your must travel within the CityRail network which is anywhere you intend to travel.
Axelv
Axelv
Pro

Burztur wrote:
Yes Axelv. Just tell the guard/station master that you are on your way to the game and they will open the gate for you.

As Nickk said, Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog are outside the greater Sydney region. It basically means your must travel within the CityRail network which is anywhere you intend to travel.

Cheers
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Just look at a city rail map and use those stations to draw the perimeter of a circle. You can catch any train within that circle.
Axelv
Axelv
Pro

One last very important question.

Where will most of the supporters be hanging out/drinking before the game?

Would it just be within the general Olympic precinct? E.g Dawn Fraser/Edwin Flack Avenues?

Or is there a nearby street outside of the Olympic section that has better pubs for pre-game drinks?

Edited by axelv: 28/1/2015 10:57:53 PM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search