Postecoglou thanks Greek community for support

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
In a personal column written by Ange Postecoglou for Neos Kosmos, the national coach thanks the Greek Australian community

24 Feb 2015
ANGE POSTECOGLOU
With the new NPL season about to begin, the excitement that surrounds our game will ensure that every player, coach, administrator and supporter will be starting the new season with great enthusiasm.

The game has never been more popular and we are seeing more and more boys and girls wanting to play football and become Socceroos and Matildas. The NPL plays a critical role in providing a pathway for all these boys and girls to realise their dreams. My own football roots lie in this community and my upbringing is full of road trips to the various junior grounds where I first gained my passion for the game.

I want to wish every club a successful and more importantly enjoyable season full of goals and great community and competitive spirit.

I would also like to extend great thanks to the Greek community for their overwhelming acknowledgement of the success of our National Team. Saturday 31 January was a great night for our country and our sport and I feel privileged and proud to have contributed to that achievement. I am very proud of my own Greek heritage and I have been humbled by the messages I have received from here and overseas from people of Greek origin.

The challenge to grow the game continues in our great country and I look forward to seeing the next generation of boys and girls show what they are made of once the new NPL season begins.

Once again, good luck to all and hope to see you at your local ground.

http://neoskosmos.com/news/en/Postecoglou-thanks-Greek-community-for-support
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Greeks won us the Asian Cup.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Greeks won us the Asian Cup.

-PB

I'll raise a Souvlaki to that.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Mate plays at one of his old clubs at Western Suburbs. Bit of love there for Straya and Posta.

Edited by TheSelectFew: 28/2/2015 06:11:17 PM

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search