help needed. i cant score.

help needed. i cant score.

Author
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
help!? any advise from you fifa 15 sage's out there??

i just cant seem to bag goals in professional level. maybe 1 every 2 games. it's killing me. it's killing my career team. im basically reduced to defending so i can pick up a point each game. and its not just in career mode. i play other tournaments with stronger teams and its the same.

i had to move up from semi pro because it was ridiculously easy. i won the FA cup v chelsea with york city from league 2. i moved to league one and im still knocking teams down by at least 4 goals a game.

but professional. i just can get any shots in. i cant get a man in the box with the ball. i take long shots but everything is going straight to the keeper.

any advice??? save me from sending my controller through my tv screen.

roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Step 1: Be less shit.

But, FIFA is a weird game. You need to find a way that works for you (I like having inverted wingers to cut in from out wide and a pacey #9 and twin #10s in a 433).
Try using feint shots and one touch passes. Chipped through balls are also a good outlet if you have pace up front. Find a reloable player you can get the ball to who can beat his marker as well.

Another problem might be that stepping from semi-pro to pro (I usually play on World Class) could make controlling players more difficult/their stats become more weighted/opposition defenses use smarter AI. If you're playing with a L2 team, most of your players no doubt have rubbish ball control and techjical skills.

Just practise is the best advice I can give you but. And make the most of your free kicks and corners.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

If you've just changed your difficulty you might just need more practice at that level, over time you'll get better.

But personally if i start struggling to score I'll change formation/tactics or just rotate my strikers.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

the main issues im having now are passes getting through. they all get cut out.

im also having issues with holding on to the ball to get into a spot to shoot.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

maybe it is the players, ive only got one guy at 74 and he is from the youth academy. the rest are mid 60's.

i have behich, burns and good. do you have issues using players at this level?

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

inala brah wrote:
maybe it is the players, ive only got one guy at 74 and he is from the youth academy. the rest are mid 60's.

i have behich, burns and good. do you have issues using players at this level?

In the past I've guided lower rated teams to the Prem on World Class difficulty as well as using 60 rated bronze players in Div One online, yes it can be difficult but its still possible to have success.

Seeing as you're in League 1 on a relatively low difficulty it shouldn't be a problem, I think you're new at the game and it will just take time and practice to get better at it.

From what you've said above it sounds like your pushing passes/forcing shots that aren't on. Look to recycle possession more, try and spread your attack across the whole field, make overlapping plays with your wingers and fullbacks trying to create 2 on 1s and learn how to fake shot so you can in when you're in the box.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Exploit the computer's weaknesses.

E

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

its coming along now. im starting to thump them on pro. thanks for the tips..

my main issue was holding the sprint button too much.

notatroll
notatroll
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

stop being ugly
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

notatroll wrote:
stop being ugly

rude

E

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Hold down that delightful left trigger

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Adjust sliders
Cityslicker10
Cityslicker10
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Fake a shot suck those defenders in.
notatroll
notatroll
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

GabMVFC wrote:
notatroll wrote:
stop being ugly

rude

It'll help you scored
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I'm in a similar boat, but then I just moved Hong Chul to LW and life is easy. Best value player in FIFA15 hands down.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

notatroll wrote:
stop being ugly

it's my look

Edited by inala brah: 3/4/2015 07:45:28 PM

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

the biggest issue i had was the jump from semi to pro. ive used the sliders to slowly adjust. i didnt know you could do that.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

this is funny. im now playing on legendary and it's getting a bit easy.  although the jump to fifa17 is slowing it a bit.

the corners are shit.

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

inala brah - 1 Feb 2017 10:17 AM
this is funny. im now playing on legendary and it's getting a bit easy.  although the jump to fifa17 is slowing it a bit.

the corners are shit.

Also finding the game a bit easy this year and completely agree RE corners.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

milan_7 - 2 Feb 2017 12:14 AM
inala brah - 1 Feb 2017 10:17 AM

Also finding the game a bit easy this year and completely agree RE corners.

im struggling a little with the change to ps4 and the new fifa17 gameplay but i will get there.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Legendary on FIFA17, sooooo many 0-0 draws and 0-1 defeats...  Almost 3 seasons in on manager mode and I've finished mid-table each year with less than a goal-a-game throughout the season.  26 goals from 28 games in current season.  Have tinkered with tactics, formations, players, etc.  Nothing changes...  Weeks of goal-less football, then I'll belt someone 4-0, then it's back to bore-draws.

Defensively, no problem.

Not playing an overly defensive game... 4-3-1-2 with the full backs overlapping all the time, etc.
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Benjamin - 23 Feb 2017 11:12 AM
Legendary on FIFA17, sooooo many 0-0 draws and 0-1 defeats...  Almost 3 seasons in on manager mode and I've finished mid-table each year with less than a goal-a-game throughout the season.  26 goals from 28 games in current season.  Have tinkered with tactics, formations, players, etc.  Nothing changes...  Weeks of goal-less football, then I'll belt someone 4-0, then it's back to bore-draws.

Defensively, no problem.

Not playing an overly defensive game... 4-3-1-2 with the full backs overlapping all the time, etc.

What team are you playing with?
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

Benjamin - 23 Feb 2017 11:12 AM

Defensively, no problem.

ive issues adjusting to 17. having to hit barcelona level passing in the box to score. getting a few from the power pass to tge open man in the box.

also getting some luck from the lofted through ball into the box instead of using the cross.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search