South v Knights

South v Knights

Author
SoccerLogic
Amateur
Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
2-1 win to South.

South came back after conceding early with goals from Lujic and Brennan.

What happened with Lujic after that first goal though?!
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

SoccerLogic wrote:
2-1 win to South.

Put his finger to his mouth and did the shhh to the knights fans, the ref immediately blew for half time after he scored and a scuffle broke out between players as they were walking to the change rooms.

South should have won this game by 5 goals, knights were surprisingly terrible, andy Brennan is a star.
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur
Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)

southmelb wrote:
SoccerLogic wrote:
2-1 win to South.

Put his finger to his mouth and did the shhh to the knights fans, the ref immediately blew for half time after he scored and a scuffle broke out between players as they were walking to the change rooms.

South should have won this game by 5 goals, knights were surprisingly terrible, andy Brennan is a star.

Knights have been pretty lucky this season. A few last minute wins and a draw against Oakleigh... a little luck the other way and they could have come into this match at the other end of the table.

Looking forward to catching the highlights this week - missed the game and was forced to track social media :(

A bit of discussion as to Lujic's gesture. Won't think he's as stupid as Bobby and all the photos I've seen have only been the "shhh" sign. Still after Epa these last few weeks we better prepare to cop a bit more blind hate from the Knights' fans and their current moral high ground on the issue.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Been reading a few comments on twitter and it was just a shhh and that's it, not sure what all the fuss is about considering knights players celebrated in front of the south fans when they opened the scoring, atmosphere was good but the crowd was poor, Saturday 3pm is a horrible times slot with so many games across all divisions starting at the same.

I'd say about 7 knights players including the keeper got yellow carded, don't think I've seen so many professional fouls committed in one game, hopefully we clean up our finishing in the coming weeks.
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur

I'm seeing a bit of 'you let Epa off, now you have no control over your players'. As far as I can tell you're right, no need for all the initial fuss...

Saturday kick-off time did hurt a bit by the sounds of things.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
are you guys blind? were you not at the game?

As Lujic stuck his 3 fingers up in the direction to the knights supporters as he was walking to the tunnel...
Knights players grabbed a hold of him and it was push and shove...

it wasn't an over reaction because of a "shhh" sign...

btw, that wasn't a penalty, great dive.

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Someone post a video of it.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class

The knights players grabbed him pretty much at the conclusion of his celebration, no 3 fingers, 20 second video shows him scoring, doing the shh, doing his cross as he always does when he scores and then the sook knights players ambushed him...yes the penalty was soft I agree on that, knights fans really shouldn't talk about behaviour, chanting filth like " I'd rather be an abo then a greek", knights are a great club but their refusal to move with the times is very alarming, if you wanna be ultra nationalist and chant Croatian go for your life, but leave the racism out of it.

Edited by southmelb: 13/4/2015 09:34:49 AM
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

southmelb wrote:
The knights players grabbed him pretty much at the conclusion of his celebration, no 3 fingers...yes the penalty was soft, knights fans really shouldn't talk about behaviour, chanting filth like " I'd rather be an abo then a greek", knights are a great club but their refusal to move with the times is very alarming, if you wanna be ultra nationalist and chant Croatian go for your life, but leave the racism out of it.

Mmmmm... Such a rich beautiful culture! How could the FFA every have turned its back on such clubs?!
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

southmelb wrote:
The knights players grabbed him pretty much at the conclusion of his celebration, no 3 fingers, 20 second video shows him scoring, doing the shh, doing his cross as he always does when he scores and then the sook knights players ambushed him...yes the penalty was soft I agree on that, knights fans really shouldn't talk about behaviour, chanting filth like " I'd rather be an abo then a greek", knights are a great club but their refusal to move with the times is very alarming, if you wanna be ultra nationalist and chant Croatian go for your life, but leave the racism out of it.

like I said, the 3 finger salute was done after the half time whistle, as the players were walking to the tunnel...

I thought the chant "I'd rather fuck an abo than a greek" was better :lol:
lighten up FFS.

southmelb
southmelb
World Class

Eastern Glory wrote:
southmelb wrote:
The knights players grabbed him pretty much at the conclusion of his celebration, no 3 fingers...yes the penalty was soft, knights fans really shouldn't talk about behaviour, chanting filth like " I'd rather be an abo then a greek", knights are a great club but their refusal to move with the times is very alarming, if you wanna be ultra nationalist and chant Croatian go for your life, but leave the racism out of it.

Mmmmm... Such a rich beautiful culture! How could the FFA every have turned its back on such clubs?!

They're the only ones who chant this sort of stuff, i was embarassed for them:oops:
southmelb
southmelb
World Class

19-SU-58 wrote:
southmelb wrote:

like I said, the 3 finger salute was done after the half time whistle, as the players were walking to the tunnel...

lighten up FFS.

The half time whistle was blown immediately after the ball went in, 20 second video on twitter, the knights players move in to attack as soon as the clip ends, so why were they charging for him when the video shows nothing but a shh and a cross? The knights fans were already going nuts.

Racist chanting is a disgrace, look what happened at the footy on the same day you get ejected, those "fans" should have been thrown out of the stadium, leaves a terrible image on the club and the game as a whole.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

southmelb wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:
southmelb wrote:

lighten up FFS.

The half time whistle was blown immediately after the ball went in, 20 second video on twitter, the knights players move in to attack as soon as the clip ends, so why were they charging for him when the video shows nothing but a shh and a cross? The knights fans were already going nuts.

link to the video?

WaMackie
WaMackie
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

SoccerLogic wrote:
2-1 win to South.

I’m even hearing rumours up north about this Lujic bloke even at NPL level up here, apparently he’s banging goals in for South. Will he get an A-League contract.

I’m hearing he’s on $2500 per game at South.

SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur

WaMackie wrote:
SoccerLogic wrote:
2-1 win to South.

I’m even hearing rumours up north about this Lujic bloke even at NPL level up here, apparently he’s banging goals in for South. Will he get an A-League contract.

Got one at Wellington for two weeks. I think he sat on the bench. If he can't get a contract there's no hope for Australian Strikers in the NPL. A-League clubs don't give a shit.

He's got like 7 goals in 8 games this season and have scored over 50 in the past two. A fantastic, clinical striker at this level.
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur

19-SU-58 wrote:
southmelb wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:
southmelb wrote:

lighten up FFS.

link to the video?

Didn't do it. I think some derby passion just spilt over from the Knights.

https://twitter.com/AndrewMcTernan/status/586874577608957952
southmelb
southmelb
World Class

The melbourne knights media manager should probably offer an apology after making a bit of a goose of himself and labelling that celebration as a "despotovski", in addition to that the knights players were clearly out of line for attacking lujic which only further incited their supporters, I didn't see the south players attack the knights players when they celebrated in front of our fans, let's just move on and agree it wasn't a good day for the knights on or off the field.
tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

[youtube]-T_Pxt-dZRw[/youtube]
WaMackie
WaMackie
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

SoccerLogic wrote:
WaMackie wrote:
SoccerLogic wrote:
2-1 win to South.

Got one at Wellington for two weeks. I think he sat on the bench. If he can't get a contract there's no hope for Australian Strikers in the NPL. A-League clubs don't give a shit.

He's got like 7 goals in 8 games this season and have scored over 50 in the past two. A fantastic, clinical striker at this level.

Ernie's passed up on decent State League talent before, think Sash O, Manny M and a few others.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
WaMackie wrote:
SoccerLogic wrote:
WaMackie wrote:
SoccerLogic wrote:
2-1 win to South.

Ernie's passed up on decent State League talent before, think Sash O, Manny M and a few others.

Leckie too, but you can thank the salary cap for every single instance.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

SoccerLogic wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:
southmelb wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:
southmelb wrote:

lighten up FFS.

link to the video?

Didn't do it. I think some derby passion just spilt over from the Knights.

https://twitter.com/AndrewMcTernan/status/586874577608957952

its because this video doesn't show it, the incident took place around 20/30sec after this video when the players were walking back to the tunnel.

southmelb
southmelb
World Class

Didn't do it, players scuffled all the way down the tunnel, I've heard certain knights players have already apologised to him.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

southmelb wrote:
Didn't do it, players scuffled all the way down the tunnel, I've heard certain knights players have already apologised to him.

I spoke to a knights player that night, he said lujic apologised to them...

I guess there will always be two sides to the story and the truth

srbin22
srbin22
Amateur
Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)Amateur (544 reputation)

Awwwwwww look at all the Croats playing the high moral card, complaining that a player told you grubs to STFU

Tomislav Uskok trying to go all Hero, so cute

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search