Asean Super League to kick off in August 2016

Asean Super League to kick off in August 2016

Author
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
TheSelectFew wrote:
That's your opinion, boys. However, I worry for the future of football if super federations are our chosen path.

Do you feel the same about a UEFA Super League?

I can see the pros and cons of such.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

MikeDude wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
That's your opinion, boys. However, I worry for the future of football if super federations are our chosen path.

Do you feel the same about a UEFA Super League?

I can see the pros and cons of such.

Definitely. It's unnecessary and costly and serves nothing more than the rich and powerful.

Edited
8 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

My experience in Asia is two years in HK and having travelled around the region for work - I reckon an SE Asian league would be incredible.

Thailand, Singapore, HK, Vietnam, Malaysia, hopefully Indonesia. 16 of the biggest teams, would be enormous. If it got a foothold it would be a massive commercial entity across the region.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Aljay - 6 Oct 2016 8:48 PM
My experience in Asia is two years in HK and having travelled around the region for work - I reckon an SE Asian league would be incredible. Thailand, Singapore, HK, Vietnam, Malaysia, hopefully Indonesia. 16 of the biggest teams, would be enormous. If it got a foothold it would be a massive commercial entity across the region.

It could be great if done right. Most Leagues have a handful of truly big clubs and then a lot of wee ones and the increased competition would be good for them. If they could have proper league that links all the individual leagues together with pro/rel then it would be amazing.

The problem is that it won't be done right, the people pushing it are corrupt as fuck and it should be fought at every step of the way unless something significant changes. They will push for a bullshit closed shop ISL copy designed for pocketing TV revenue which means new franchises imposed over the clubs for the benefit of owners rather than football itself.

It's a shame because ASEAN Football needs a kick in the backside but this won't help it.

Viennese Vuck

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

So.

Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

http://www.todayonline.com/sports/asean-super-league-set-sept-2017-kick
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

"Asean Super League set for Sept 2017 kick-off"

Edited
7 Years Ago by paladisious
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

paladisious - 1 Sep 2017 12:57 AM

"Asean Super League set for Sept 2017 kick-off"

This has been canned. That article was from years ago.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search