China makes football a compulsory subject in school. Time to be afraid?

China makes football a compulsory subject in school. Time to be...

Author
Oblivious Troll
Rising Star
Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)Rising Star (767 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
Football is now a compulsory part of the national curriculum in China. The “football reform plan,” starts with opening over 20,000 soccer-based schools and academies, with the ambition of producing more than 100,000 players by 2017. Along with starting children at a younger age, there will also be study abroad programs set up in places like Spain and the Netherlands for advanced students. In places like Beijing, football will be added to the mandatory high school entrance exam, and schools will be required to include the sport in its physical education classes.

http://the18.com/news/china-has-new-priority-and-priority-football

Tom Byer is involved in the implementation of this program. He discusses some of the challenges in implementing the Chinese School Football program in this podcasr: : http://www.beyondthepitch.net/podcasts/edition/index.cfm/one-world-sports/2015/08/12/

If this takes off it's going to make WC qualification via the AFC that much harder. But apart from that Byer offers ideas and strategies that should give the FFA and all football supporters a lot to think about.

Its a game for everyone. Its not pale, male, or stale. It transcends race, gender, economic status. Its for everyone. - Tal Karp

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Oblivious Troll wrote:
Quote:
Football is now a compulsory part of the national curriculum in China. The “football reform plan,” starts with opening over 20,000 soccer-based schools and academies, with the ambition of producing more than 100,000 players by 2017. Along with starting children at a younger age, there will also be study abroad programs set up in places like Spain and the Netherlands for advanced students. In places like Beijing, football will be added to the mandatory high school entrance exam, and schools will be required to include the sport in its physical education classes.

http://the18.com/news/china-has-new-priority-and-priority-football

Tom Byer is involved in the implementation of this program. He discusses some of the challenges in implementing the Chinese School Football program in this podcasr: : http://www.beyondthepitch.net/podcasts/edition/index.cfm/one-world-sports/2015/08/12/

If this takes off it's going to make WC qualification via the AFC that much harder. But apart from that Byer offers ideas and strategies that should give the FFA and all football supporters a lot to think about.

It could be a massive issue for other Asian nations competing against China.
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Wow. That country is really going to take strides forward.

I reckon the CSL is going to get a lot better over the years.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
There might be a few more stumbles along the way, but it's pretty much an inevitability that China will become a dominant force, sooner or later.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
There might be a few more stumbles along the way, but it's pretty much an inevitability that China will become a dominant force, sooner or later.

I hope so but doubt it. They have been saying stuff like this for 15/20 years. I question their infrastructure and ability to carry through such ambition.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

I hope so but doubt it. They have been saying stuff like this for 15/20 years. I question their infrastructure and ability to carry through such ambition.

They've got the population, they've got the money, and they've got the interest in the game, to leave aside their achievements in other sports and their general cultural disposition to work hard at careers they deem desirable. The infrastructure can't not develop with all the other interests in place in such a volume as China has. Might be 30, 50 or 80 years but yeah as I see it, it's a pretty basic inevitability, barring some massive global change that none of us can foresee.

In 2050 two of the world's "big 5" leagues will be the CSL and the MLS (or their successors obv).
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

They've got the population, they've got the money, and they've got the interest in the game, to leave aside their achievements in other sports and their general cultural disposition to work hard at careers they deem desirable. The infrastructure can't not develop with all the other interests in place in such a volume as China has. Might be 30, 50 or 80 years but yeah as I see it, it's a pretty basic inevitability, barring some massive global change that none of us can foresee.

In 2050 two of the world's "big 5" leagues will be the CSL and the MLS (or their successors obv).

They said the same about baskteball. They have the money but the game is rife with corruption over there
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

hopefully it will better than their chemistry.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Bit worrying. China has it in them to be world-beaters in football. They've got the population, the enthusiasm, the money and can have the infrastructure to be world class at football.

When you think of China, Qatar (who, I heard tell, can wrought FIFA naturalisation rules to claim top class European/South American players), Japan and South Korea, Asia become bloody difficult.
karta
karta
Amateur
Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

They said the same about baskteball. They have the money but the game is rife with corruption over there

Yeah. China may have the sheer numbers but I think the J-League is the Asian league that'll just keep growing. The demographics and wealth are all there.

Someone feel free to bump this in 30 years if I'm wrong though. :lol:
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

karta wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

Yeah. China may have the sheer numbers but I think the J-League is the Asian league that'll just keep growing. The demographics and wealth are all there.

Not too sure how much wealth I'd say is in Japan for the future. Economy is slowing down with every passing year. Lots of big companies axing jobs.

China is where the wealth is at. I used to live there, and I've never seen a country grow and change so fast in my life.

Lots of supercompanies who will take football teams on board. Look at Guangzhou. They're part owned by Alibaba, a giant electronics company. In fact, Alibaba's logo is all over the opening credits of the new Mission Impossible movie!
A.Haak
A.Haak
Semi-Pro

karta wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

Yeah, because the Japanese economy is going great. Or not.

J-League will be slowing down, not ramping up.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

MikeDude wrote:
I used to live there, and I've never seen a country grow and change so fast in my life.

I think it's fair to say that no one ever has.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

I seriously doubt that for the MLS.

Edited by Draupnir: 18/8/2015 07:56:34 PM
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Draupnir wrote:
paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

I seriously doubt that for the MSL.

One of us will get to say "I told you so" in 35 years then, if we make it that far. :lol:
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Draupnir wrote:
paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

One of us will get to say "I told you so" in 35 years then, if we make it that far. :lol:

Haha :lol: It'll take a bit longer but India will definitely be up there.
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Draupnir wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Draupnir wrote:
paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

India has potential, but they might need a bit of a shift first. The success of the recent ISL shows that it can happen, but this is only a very short tournament. If they can maintain average attendance of 20k + during a 6-9 month, then yes, absolutely.
karta
karta
Amateur
Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)

Draupnir wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Draupnir wrote:
paladisious wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paladisious wrote:

Did you guys get to read Soccernomics. Talks about this kind of stuff quite a bit.

https://booko.com.au/9781568584812/Soccernomics
greenlionii
greenlionii
Rising Star
Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)Rising Star (860 reputation)

China announced its soccer reform and development plan,sets goal of hosting World Cup.

According to the plan, the Chinese Football Association will be a fully An independent legal, and The football management center, which is a governmental agency, will no longer exist

Regarding the C-League, based on the Currentlly CFA League Council and CSL management company, the New CSL Council and China League Council will be established, both will be separate legal entity, means the CFA will nolonger holds equity of the League, currenttly the CFA holds 36% of the stocks of the CSL company.

In regulations announced earlier, the League council had forbid club to relocate from their current province, and set up promotion/relegation between China League 2 and CAL, which is the 3rd level and the 4th level.

The Shares of football club will be open to Private shareholders and local government, currentlly it only opens to Government owned or private owned companies. encorages local governments invests football clubs with facilities and infrastructure, encorages clubs to use Neutral names instead of sponsor names.

The League will be expanded, in earlier plan announced by the CFA, The CSL will have 18 clubs in 2022, while China League 1 will expand to 20 clubs, China League 2 will expand to 24 clubs.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search