442 forum in the off season

442 forum in the off season

Author
Machine
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
It might be just me but this forum really goes to the dumps when its the off season.

I've been on here as a viewer and a casual contributor for a long time now and it pains me to see the once thriving AF page become what it is.

I have no solution to this, but just thought I would share my opinion with everyone as maybe there are smarter/savvy internet forumites on here that can fix this conundrum. If it even is a conundrum to the majority of users?

Oh well, rant over. :-({|=

Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Seriously?

This off season has been the best since I've been on the forum...

What is it that you think AF lacks in the off season?
Machine
Machine
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Seriously?

This off season has been the best since I've been on the forum...

What is it that you think AF lacks in the off season?

Has it? fair enough hey. :)

I don't know what it lacks that's why i posted this to see if I am on my lonesome on this one.

I always look forward to having my daily read at work and contributing to some posts every now and again but this off season its been dullsville for me!

It's a game of opinions and I'm not moaning at anyone in particular, just putting it out there to see if people are in the same boat as me.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Off season is always shitty, but this forum doesn't just go into hibernation, so I'm happy to take that!
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I think it's been a pretty good off season too tbh. Always going to be quieter, that's for sure.
GloryPerf
GloryPerf
Under 7s
Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)Under 7s (21 reputation)

Draupnir wrote:
I think it's been a pretty good off season too tbh. Always going to be quieter, that's for sure.

Indeed!!! Although we await the upcoming season with eternal optimism, the light of reason, hodge podges, mish mashs and such like serve to confuse those of us who seek a short and simple exchange of views and whatnot. I sometimes think that it is only lengthy sentences and the indiscriminate use of punctuation that keeps me going!!!!!

Machine
Machine
Pro

Eastern Glory wrote:
Off season is always shitty, but this forum doesn't just go into hibernation, so I'm happy to take that!

I know mate,

I guess the banning of a few of the usual clowns/funny guys might of added to it.
Machine
Machine
Pro

GloryPerf wrote:
Draupnir wrote:

Indeed!!! Although we await the upcoming season with eternal optimism, the light of reason, hodge podges, mish mashs and such like serve to confuse those of us who seek a short and simple exchange of views and whatnot. I sometimes think that it is only lengthy sentences and the indiscriminate use of punctuation that keeps me going!!!!!

Ha, I'm in the minority here!

Maybe I need a cup of cement to stop my moaning! :d
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Nothing beats last year's off season and the endless array of Brisbane Roar logo threads.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. That was painful.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

u4486662 wrote:
Nothing beats last year's off season and the endless array of Brisbane Roar logo threads.

Thank fuck its been replaced by roar folding threads :cool:

Machine
Machine
Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

Thank fuck its been replaced by roar folding threads :cool:

haha That's one of the things that has bored the fook out of me on here
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Has been the best off season in years, super thankful for the FFA Cup for giving us something to talk about.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Has been the best off season in years, super thankful for the FFA Cup for giving us something to talk about.

-PB

Also helped that the Aussies abroad have started well and making good club moves. Touch wood this continues.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
u4486662 wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

Also helped that the Aussies abroad have started well and making good club moves. Touch wood this continues.

I'm following it a lot more closely than I used to.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Paulc coming back from the resort and getting roasted in every thread he posts in also helps pass the time
Machine
Machine
Pro

I was having a shit old day when i posted that ladies and gents! :-({|= :-#

Carry on the great work (or lack of work during business hours). =d>
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

I noticed in amongst the spam threads Soceroofan4life made a joke thread saying 'I just wanted to fit in' Joffa obviously locked it but said 'see you in 2981'. Was Joffa taking the piss or did he actually give a regular a life ban for a joke?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

milan_7 wrote:
I noticed in amongst the spam threads Soceroofan4life made a joke thread saying 'I just wanted to fit in' Joffa obviously locked it but said 'see you in 2981'. Was Joffa taking the piss or did he actually give a regular a life ban for a joke?

Autism knows no bounds.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
milan_7 wrote:

Autism knows no bounds.

-PB

Could he have been talking to the op spammer?

Surely he didnt ban someone for that. I know he is a cunt but surely he isn't that bad. That's next level shit.

Dark Paladin
Dark Paladin
Amateur
Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)

I usually just read the Australian Football sub-forum and just found this section - some of these threads are gold! 😄

Having said that, agree with PaulbagzFC that the FFA cup has partly helped generate discussion during the longest footballing offseason in the world...

Edit: didnt know where else to post this and didnt want to start up a new thread...

Edited by Dark Paladin: 26/9/2015 09:12:22 AM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search