Positional Play(Juego de posicion) – A short explanation

Positional Play(Juego de posicion) – A short explanation

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The art of positional play.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2014/11/26/juego-de-posicion-a-short-explanation/
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Doesn't really say what it is at all, would love to hear Guardiola explain it or watch him run through a session on it.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

tjwhalan wrote:
Doesn't really say what it is at all, would love to hear Guardiola explain it or watch him run through a session on it.

This is one is more in-depth explanation of the concept

http://www.martiperarnau.com/tactica/juego-de-posicion-under-pep-guardiola/
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Great explanation. 4-3-3 has become so predictable at State and National champs with teams sitting off and waiting for the fullback to receive the ball before hitting them hard. I love the idea of fullbacks becoming central midfielders, leaving a channel for the winger whilst promoting play through the middle.

What this has really opened my mind up to, is having progressions from your starting formation and from there ensuring any progression you do make is applied in a whole team context. e.g when the ball gets into the middle 3rd in comfortable possession, focusing on what every player needs to do in that context. Until now my sessions (mostly due to a lack of numbers) has only focused on say the back 4 v front 3 (+ 3 or 4 extras) but now I am going to ensure even if it is just a 5 minute 11v0 shadow drill, that everyone knows what they need to do in that situation no matter how far away from the ball.

EDIT: Having just read the half spaces article as well, I consider myself 100% converted. These articles should be personally sent to every coach in the country. Thanks for sharing Barca4life keep them coming.

Edited by tjwhalan: 25/10/2015 07:41:29 AM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search