The "you know you're getting old when..." thread

The "you know you're getting old when..." thread

Author
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
9/11 is now closer in time to the fall of the Berlin wall than it is to now.

Ashton Kutcher's next movie sees him playing the "dad" role to a 22 year old actor. Ouch.

Eminem's daughter just graduated from high school.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Everyone you know from high school has kids, getting married and buying houses.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Tim Cahill will be the last socceroo older than me.
The Maco
The Maco
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:

less severe than that, but all of your mates little brothers and sisters getting into and finishing high school
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

When you start to become older than some of the players on the football field.

I know it's not much but it's something. :lol:
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

The Maco wrote:
macktheknife wrote:

less severe than that, but all of your mates little brothers and sisters getting into and finishing high school

One of my school friend's kids is now in high school.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

433 wrote:

When Bulut was banging it in for u16s and not in a Sydney prison.

switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

not knowing most of the music that is being played today.
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

would rather use a device that has buttons than use a touch screen.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

When you see "I'm only 12 years old and now THIS is real music! Everyone my age listens to One Direction" on YouTube and want to punch cunts.

Edited by Draupnir: 4/10/2015 04:44:11 PM
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

u4486662 wrote:
9/11 is now closer in time to the fall of the Berlin wall than it is to now.

Not really an example of 'you know you're old when', but there are some interesting ones like that.

Terminator 2 is closer in time to the moon landing than it is to today.
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

You go for a night out with mates and the youngns are tall lean and fit, while you are unfit and overweight
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

switters wrote:
not knowing most of the music that is being played today.

I'm starting to get too old for even the music on Music Max.
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:
When you see "I'm only 12 years old and now THIS is real music! Everyone my age listens to One Direction" on YouTube and want to punch cunts.

Edited by Draupnir: 4/10/2015 04:44:11 PM

Can't believe that bullshit is still a thing.

It started before I even turned 12, yet from the first day I saw it, it's pissed me off :lol:

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

2pac and biggie being dead for 19 and 18 years .
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

when you are more excited about sbs on demand and abc iview than free presto and cable
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Edited by MrBrisbane: 17/3/2016 09:33:48 PM

T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
You watched Back to the Future 2 as a kid and now its almost October 21, 2015, the year Marty, Jennifer and Doc brown travelled into the future. :shock:

Yeah, where's my fucking hoverboard??
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Being called a homophobe when you call your straight mate a faggot for doing something gay.
spfc
spfc
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

switters wrote:
would rather use a device that has buttons than use a touch screen.

I still use a cell phone with buttons, I like to punch the buttons with my thumb using just one hand. I consider holding a phone with one hand and swiping it with the other awkward and unnecessary extra work. I also feel more in control of things punching the buttons with my thumb as if I have everything "under my thumb".
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Remembering when dr dre released 2001 in 1999. And every hiphop head was like finally :lol: just had to wait another 16 years for his last album though :lol:
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
Remembering when dr dre released 2001 in 1999. And every hiphop head was like finally :lol: just had to wait another 16 years for his last album though :lol:
Still waiting for detox

It'll be a cold day in hell when dre releases detox. We know andre is a fucking perfectionist. Remember dre has had so many artists he signed but they left due to him being so anal on the music.
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

You watch the Grand Final Footy Show just to see KISS perform.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

In the new Jurassic Park movie they say the old park closed 20 years ago and that statement is chronologically accurate.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I was in a club a few months ago (first time in forever :lol:), completely fucked and I told saw an 18 year old girl, turned to my mate and said "CHRIST... She lacks clothes".

That's why I'm old.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

I used to go out and go to work after an hours sleep. Do b that now and im a goner
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
I used to go out and go to work after an hours sleep. Do b that now and im a goner

I'm noticing that, and I not even old enough to go out yet.

Wen I was like 12 or 13, I could feel completely fine after about three hours of sleep. All nighters weren't much of a problem either,

Now, any less than five hours and I'll just pass out at 11 am if I'm at home.

](*,)

Edited by salmonfc: 8/10/2015 08:48:40 AM

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

433 wrote:

Yeah then you've got to start realising your never going to make it and your biggest football acheivement is div.3 sunday league
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
T-UNIT wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:
You watched Back to the Future 2 as a kid and now its almost October 21, 2015, the year Marty, Jennifer and Doc brown travelled into the future. :shock:

Yeah, where's my fucking hoverboard??

[youtube]eOH15_pqWZ4[/youtube]
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

salmonfc wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

I'm noticing that, and I not even old enough to out yet.

Wen I was like 12 or 13, I could feel completely fine after about three hours of sleep. All nighters weren't much of a problem either,

Now, any less than five hours and I'll just pass out at 11 am if I'm at home.

](*,)

Watching football is easy, as after an arsenal game i can go back to bed. The last time I pulled an all nighter after working, I ended up falling asleep behind the wheel twice.

Edited by mvfcarsenal16.8: 5/10/2015 03:02:27 AM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search