442FC launched

442FC launched

Author
Kevin Airs
FourFourTwo Staff
FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators

Today we launched 442FC, our new newsletter that attempts to bring together all our different communities - website readers, magazine readers, forum regulars, Twitter and Facebook fans, Instagram viewers and podcast listeners, and even our fantasy football competitors.

It will hopefully also bring in new blood to the forums - we will be featuring various threads regularly in the update to entice people to join up and take part.

As a result, mods will be under orders for a zero tolerance of anyone trolling newbies or generally being obnoxious (that includes any newbies too of course...)

Please play nice and we can grow this even more...thanks.

(If you're not already signed up with a current email address and don't want to miss out on the giveaways and specials, you can sign up at 442fc.com - we've got 20 percent off wine for over 18s as a welcome pack...and that's just for starters...!)
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Was awesome to get this in my inbox today! Was a nice surprise. Really well done guys, I love the design of the newsletter, it really stood out from the typical boring text only, no thought into design newsletter that get sent out by so many other companies and organisations.

Cool way to see the top stories as well.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Dayum, hope none of the shit threads get a spotlight haha.

Well done anyway KA, a good initiative.

-PB

http://i.imgur.com/6NzMzeY.png

Buggalugs - you should...
Buggalugs - you should have listened...
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Dayum, hope none of the shit threads get a spotlight haha

-PB

Can't imagine which threads will pass the test TBH
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Buggalugs - you should have listened... wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
Dayum, hope none of the shit threads get a spotlight haha

-PB

Can't imagine which threads will pass the test TBH

Anything with ELO is bound to ship memberships :lol:

-PB

http://i.imgur.com/6NzMzeY.png

JP
JP
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

I already have an account - obviously - so when I try to sign up for the newsletter it tells me my username is already in use etc.

How can I sign up for the newsletter through my current account?
Kevin Airs
Kevin Airs
FourFourTwo Staff
FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)FourFourTwo Staff (3.7K reputation)

New name, new email...
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

This would be good if you stopped the spam.

Kevin Airs
Kevin Airs
FourFourTwo Staff

What spam?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Kevin Airs wrote:
What spam?

Really? Really?

Edited by TheSelectFew: 9/10/2015 06:20:15 PM

Kevin Airs
Kevin Airs
FourFourTwo Staff

I take it you mean in the forums, not email spam related to the newsletter?

Edited by Kevin Airs: 9/10/2015 08:35:16 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Kevin Airs wrote:
I take it you mean in the forums, not email spam related to the newsletter?

Edited by Kevin Airs: 9/10/2015 08:35:16 PM

Yep. I think you should fix that before you expose new users to a spam infested site, dontcha think?

Buggalugs - you should...
Buggalugs - you should have listened...
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Kevin Airs wrote:

It will hopefully also bring in new blood to the forums - we will be featuring various threads regularly in the update to entice people to join up and take part.

As a result, mods will be under orders for a zero tolerance of anyone trolling newbies or generally being obnoxious (that includes any newbies too of course...)

Please play nice and we can grow this even more...thanks.

Great to see the zero-tolerance policy in action

Reminds me of Gallop issuing a deadline
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search