Welcoming new 442 members

Welcoming new 442 members

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
For whatever reason we seem to be getting a number of new members. This is good news.

If they are posting in football discussion, how about most of us welcoming new genuine football fans to the forum?

It is great that they are not spammers selling crap.

Sometimes a few new members who don't have a thick skin, feel aggrieved if they receive a few hostile responses. It might result in them leaving prematurely . More posters posting , means more breadth to discussion. It also elicits different views.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Not all of these new guys are multis. Just ignore the multis and they'll go away. The genuine ones will stay.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

u4486662 wrote:
Not all of these new guys are multis. Just ignore the multis and they'll go away. The genuine ones will stay.

At time I've welcomed multis.#-o

But some must be genuine.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

On a pleasing note, we seem have gained  a number of new members to 442 in the last few weeks.

It would be good to keep them posting by old hands welcoming them to the forum.
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

On the contrary i've never seen the place so dead. 

Maybe Awerscott21 constantly talking about expansion and FFA revolution has finally driven people insane 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

lukerobinho - 2 Apr 2017 7:47 PM

Maybe Awerscott21 constantly talking about expansion and FFA revolution has finally driven people insane 

Yeah him and the other bloke, Rimbaud is it?  Not worth commenting on anything that has expansion,pro/rel or anything FFA related as it just turns into a shitfight.

Will stop by to read anything by Aussieshorter in his Future of Football thread which is quality.

The other 'new' blokes seem to post in a suspiciously similar style to a serial spammer.  'Roocatcher'??? 

Member since 2008.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Lol

Don't blame me for the state of Australian football......

Or for writing any of the articles I post. Blame the journos.

Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

There seem to have been a lot of new 442 accounts in the last week or so.

They seem genuine.
Dial It In
Dial It In
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)Hardcore Fan (220 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Hello! I feel welcomed!
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Dial It In - 8 Apr 2017 3:16 AM
Hello! I feel welcomed!

Good.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

In a pleasing development we seem to be getting quite a number of new members joining 442. They don't seem to be multis either as they seem willing to engage in football discussion and don't seem particularly familiar with current members.

I've also seen other established members welcoming the new chums. This is good.

I think the Inside Sport articles have a direct link to comments from 442 forum members. This was how the old forum gained so much new blood in a short period of time - having the direct link from the website to the forums.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

scott21 - 3 Apr 2017 3:29 PM
Lol

Don't blame me for the state of Australian football......

Or for writing any of the articles I post. Blame the journos.

Who is?

The articles you post usually have football content, which can only be good.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Decentric - 11 Apr 2017 8:57 AM
Dial It In - 8 Apr 2017 3:16 AM

Good.

Moron.  You're talking to a twice banned multi.

Member since 2008.

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Footballking55 had been welcoming new posters to the forum... that is good, eh??
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

localstar - 11 Apr 2017 2:32 PM
Footballking55 had been welcoming new posters to the forum... that is good, eh??

It would be good if you, or any other established members welcomed new members as well.
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Decentric - 11 Apr 2017 3:07 PM

It would be good if you, or any other established members welcomed new members as well.

Why, when we risk looking stupid by welcoming a multi?

Muz
Muz
Legend

Forgot who he was logged in as.  Easy to do when you're Sybil.

Member since 2008.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

localstar - 11 Apr 2017 4:47 PM
Decentric - 11 Apr 2017 3:07 PM

Why, when we risk looking stupid by welcoming a multi?

Inadvertently, I must have I've done it frequently. It is better than not welcoming bona fide new members at all.

I think the mods have access to IPs these days, so multis are easily identified and annulled.

When you choose to discuss  football and engage constructively on 442 you are at risk of being deemed a very respected, wise  and knowledgeable 442  poster. Your endorsement of diffident new members might be welcomed.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

At least he has been doing it.

The more who welcome new members the better.

To revisit the thread I've still seen few established posters welcoming new members since I last posted here. In the past this was definitely a more common phenomenon on 442. I haven't posted much here lately, so there could've been more instances of welcoming new members I haven't seen.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Agreed, the majority of the old guard are gone. Imno, Funky Munky, Joffa, Afro, Fredsta, BusbyBabe, notorganic, and Doctor were the main guys around here for ages when I first found FFT and don't think any of them are left. I am still very worried about Afro, still think that something happened to him. Also where the fuck is Heiny, I feel like he hasn't been on here for ages.

I think it is partly because the A-League has gotten so stale some people are losing interest, and also the new forums just aren't the same. Even me I only really post in ET nowadays.
Edited
7 Years Ago by milan_7
lollywood
lollywood
Amateur
Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Decentric - 11 Apr 2017 5:36 PM
localstar - 11 Apr 2017 4:47 PM

Inadvertently, I must have I've done it frequently. It is better than not welcoming bona fide new members at all.

I think the mods have access to IPs these days, so multis are easily identified and annulled.

When you choose to discuss  football and engage constructively on 442 you are at risk of being deemed a very respected, wise  and knowledgeable 442  poster. Your endorsement of diffident new members might be welcomed.

"And there's always someone there to remind me..."  
Edited
7 Years Ago by lollywood
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

lollywood - 22 May 2017 2:12 PM
Decentric - 11 Apr 2017 5:36 PM

"And there's always someone there to remind me..."  

Since I've never done it, welcome to the forum, Lollywood.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

milan_7 - 21 May 2017 11:52 PM

Agreed, the majority of the old guard are gone. Imno, Funky Munky, Joffa, Afro, Fredsta, BusbyBabe, notorganic, and Doctor were the main guys around here for ages when I first found FFT and don't think any of them are left. I am still very worried about Afro, still think that something happened to him. Also where the fuck is Heiny, I feel like he hasn't been on here for ages.

I think it is partly because the A-League has gotten so stale some people are losing interest, and also the new forums just aren't the same. 

Have to admit, I'm losing interest in the HAL because of the stale 10 team league too.

I'm really enjoying live NPL football ATM.

I'm quite happy with the new forum format through.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search