Shooting - Matt LeTissier

Shooting - Matt LeTissier

Author
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
My favourite player and probably the greater penalty taker in the history of the game. He also scored some amazing long range goals and goals where he shot despite the defender being right on top of him. He attributed a lot of that success to two factors; giving little warning of his intent to shoot and hitting the ball with equal power using his outstep as he did his instep.

Can you think of other players with that ability? A drill I used to increase the strength of my outstep shooting and control was to play keepie uppie side on against the wall with the outstep only. My groin, hips and quads would fatigue quickly but it bought results. I am guessing Futsal would have drills for the same results, any suggestions?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Crusader wrote:
My favourite player and probably the greater penalty taker in the history of the game. He also scored some amazing long range goals and goals where he shot despite the defender being right on top of him. He attributed a lot of that success to two factors; giving little warning of his intent to shoot and hitting the ball with equal power using his outstep as he did his instep.

Can you think of other players with that ability? A drill I used to increase the strength of my outstep shooting and control was to play keepie uppie side on against the wall with the outstep only. My groin, hips and quads would fatigue quickly but it bought results. I am guessing Futsal would have drills for the same results, any suggestions?

You must have quite a high level of skill to do this.=d>

One additional an progessive exercise would be if you could do this with your left foot too against the wall.

Then intersperse it with right, left, right, left, right, left, etc.

Edited by Decentric: 15/11/2015 11:00:02 AM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search