Can we just make U44 a mod already please?

Can we just make U44 a mod already please?

Author
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
It will seriously go a long way to cleaning this place up.

Crack down on those playing the man not the ball.
Crack down on quote pyramids.
Lock all 'Are XYZ in trouble' threads the second they are made.
Warn people who derail decent threads, and follow up on those warnings.

Also.. last thing, can everyone please learn how to let jokes fade out and remain funny rather than killing them? M80 was funny, now it's annoying and weird. 'Trouble' was funny, now it kills AF. The multis were funny for 24 hours, but now they're just awful. Learn when to frame a good thing and hang it on the wall.

The biggest issue is that most threads are started with the intention of winding people up and shit stirring, rather than provoking actual discussion. Bring in U44 and someone else like Iridium and let's start to fix this place. I wouldn't even mind someone like JP becoming a mod. Let's just get a few more feet on the ground and make this place somewhat about football again.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

I endorse Dr U44 and Iridium.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

They have my endorsement. Add milan_7 to the list. Quality bloke.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Yep, any or all of those three would be fantastic.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Need mods that don't mind showing they're a mod.

Joffa is a great silent mod who does his job well.

Since PV4 left, there are no mods other than Pala who are actually reguarly part of discussions and want to mod (Benjamin gets involved but doesn't mod)

People like U444444, Iridium and Mcjules would make fantastic mods and would help people out.

We wouldn't get repeats of shit like "No need to be upset" which is the worst thing to happen to the forums in years.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

jlm8695 wrote:
Need mods that don't mind showing they're a mod.

Joffa is a great silent mod who does his job well.

Since PV4 left, there are no mods other than Pala who are actually reguarly part of discussions and want to mod (Benjamin gets involved but doesn't mod)

People like U444444, Iridium and Mcjules would make fantastic mods and would help people out.

We wouldn't get repeats of shit like "No need to be upset" which is the worst thing to happen to the forums in years.

Just all of this.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I might have to start behaving myself though.

Why don't you mod EG?
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

u4486662 wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I might have to start behaving myself though.

Why don't you mod EG?

I'd do it if asked, but there's be a number of people who don't agree with a lot of what I say :lol:

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Who's in charge of choosing mods? KA?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Victorians only.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

EG is definitely one of the most neutral people on here when it comes to "choosing sides" for lack of a better term. Good shout.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

EG would be good. Fairly sensible.
roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Id be okay with Gazzza - bloke generally has positive stuff to say about every team.

I second jlm's sentiments re: no need to be upset. That shit was awful. Feel like its a lot of 'younger' members really cracking on with terrible jokes/memes.

I also wouldnt be opposed to PB being a mod. Has a good grasp on what is quality banter and what is garlic.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

Eastern Glory wrote:
Also.. last thing, can everyone please learn how to let jokes fade out and remain funny rather than killing them? M80 was funny, now it's annoying and weird. 'Trouble' was funny, now it kills AF. The multis were funny for 24 hours, but now they're just awful. Learn when to frame a good thing and hang it on the wall.

This is such a spot on point but I fear you've made it far too late.

FWIW If you promised not to bring the ban hammer out when people don't share in the goo fest whenever you're reminiscing about mediocre footballers then I think you'd be a good mod.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Fredsta wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

FWIW If you promised not to bring the ban hammer out when people don't share in the goo fest whenever you're reminiscing about mediocre footballers then I think you'd be a good mod.

Now now, we all know that Holger's time was the pinnacle of football in Australia.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

Fredsta wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

:lol:
Do you really think I'd do that?
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Fredsta wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

I'd be banned within a week.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

jlm8695 wrote:
Fredsta wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

I'd be banned within a week.

Funnily enough I was going to reply to Freddy and say that I wouldn't mind if you were a mod. You seem to have randomly grown up and stopped attacking people in the last few months :lol:
The improvement has been very noticeable!
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

jlm is obviously still bathing himself in BR fans' tears. They will last him a life time :lol:
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

roary's mane wrote:
Id be okay with Gazzza - bloke generally has positive stuff to say about every team.

I second jlm's sentiments re: no need to be upset. That shit was awful. Feel like its a lot of 'younger' members really cracking on with terrible jokes/memes.

I also wouldnt be opposed to PB being a mod. Has a good grasp on what is quality banter and what is garlic.

Scotty21 and his MV circle jerkers are responsible for 95% of that "no need to be upset" bullshit.

With regards to U4. If he were my GP I'd rather he use his spare time swotting up on the latest medical literature rather than looking after adolescent retards.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

M80 clowns should hang their heads in shame. And there's mods involved in that rubbish too.

"trouble" threads only started by a few too. Socawho, Scotty21, SalmonFC and a couple of others.

Have a no tolerance policy whereby comments are removed that are off topic or insulting. (Text removed and replaced with "comment removed by moderator, off topic".

Within a week or 2 nobody would bother posting rubbish up because it'd be deleted.

Sorted.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Munrubenmuz wrote:
Have a no tolerance policy whereby comments are removed that are off topic or insulting. (Text removed and replaced with "comment removed by moderator, off topic".

Yeah I tried that, attempting to defend Aussies Abroad from being derailed, etc, but then I get "Victory bias mods in trouble" and abusive pms and I wonder why should I be bothered.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Munrubenmuz wrote:
M80 clowns should hang their heads in shame. And there's mods involved in that rubbish too.

Nah.
Muz
Muz
Legend

paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Yeah I tried that, attempting to defend Aussies Abroad from being derailed, etc, but then I get "Victory bias mods in trouble" and abusive pms and I wonder why should I be bothered.

If you're worried about what people think of you then you should forget being a mod.

Vast majority here think I'm a prick and I couldn't care less. If I were a mod you'd see the joint cleaned up in a week or less.

Starting with "theselectfew" who's every second post seems to be an invitation for another poster to "kill themselves".

Yes I realise the irony in my posts. I'm no angel either however I will say, in general, I won't throw the first punch.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Nah.

Yeah.

Part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Munrubenmuz wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

If you're worried about what people think of you then you should forget being a mod.

When did I say I was caring about what people say about me?

My point is that often when I cut off one tentacle, ten more grow as a result. It's difficult to see where to start pruning the beast.

Munrubenmuz wrote:
If I were a mod you'd see the joint cleaned up in a week or less.

Sure.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Munrubenmuz wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Nah.

Yeah.

A few forumites (from different club allegiences, mind you) having formed friendships doesn't negatively affect anybody else's experience, and is absolutely part of the solution to providing higher quality and more inclusive content for the forum. It's not people who wish to associate with this name who are to blame if people try to bully them.

I think you're taking it too seriously. If you're angry at something you see on the internet you should take a minute and do or think about something else for a minute or two before escalating things, regardless of who throws the first punch.
Muz
Muz
Legend

paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

paladisious wrote:

When did I say I was caring about what people say about me?

My mistake. I thought that was what you were implying.

paladisious wrote:

My point is that often when I cut off one tentacle, ten more grow as a result. It's difficult to see where to start pruning the beast.

Understood.

Munrubenmuz wrote:
If I were a mod you'd see the joint cleaned up in a week or less.

Sure.

Don't worry I'm not putting my hand up.

Member since 2008.

roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Nah.

Yeah.

A few forumites (from different club allegiences, mind you) having formed friendships doesn't negatively affect anybody else's experience, and is absolutely part of the solution to providing higher quality and more inclusive content for the forum. It's not people who wish to associate with this name who are to blame if people try to bully them.

I think you're taking it too seriously. If you're angry at something you see on the internet you should take a minute and do or think about something else for a minute or two before escalating things, regardless of who throws the first punch.

The big problem with the whole m80 thing is people who take it too seriously on BOTH sides. Scotty and co have a pack mentality at times and are some of the worst shit-posters on here (incomong "There is no need to be upset" gorilla meme).
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

roary's mane wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Nah.

Yeah.

The big problem with the whole m80 thing is people who take it too seriously on BOTH sides. Scotty and co have a pack mentality at times and are some of the worst shit-posters on here (incomong "There is no need to be upset" gorilla meme).

You don't know the strength it took to not post it just now. :lol:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search