Unione Triestina official supporters thread

Unione Triestina official supporters thread

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
mcjules - 10 Jun 2019 4:40 PM
So we lost 3-1 after extra time. Got a red card in the 82 minute and it looks like we were over run after that. 

Full replay available here if you're interested (requires VPN), planning to watch a bit later.
https://www.raisport.rai.it/articoli/2019/06/-dl-rai24-raisport-articoli-2019-06-Il-Pisa-torna-in-B-6aaa6251-c109-4f5b-a88f-4869b9564b4f.html-6aaa6251-c109-4f5b-a88f-4869b9564b4f.html

Oh well, hopefully we can do it next season.

Oh well, would have been nice to have a sub-function of Victory in Serie B.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mcjules - 9 Jun 2019 8:39 PM
LFC. - 9 Jun 2019 8:34 PM

Whereabouts mate? I have family all over the region but mostly Trieste and Gorizia. 

fathers early early gen originally from Rijeka/Croatia but after settled in Fiume, my Zio is still in contact with many Fiuman here and gets the paper from the region.
Gorizia pretty close hows that, imagine we have on e thing in common lol......
Due the war the commos,took my Nonnos bakery etc and having had some contatcs in Genoa they fled there, thats where my Dad met his love, Dads family boarded a ship for Oz, Mum turned up a year later and here we are.
Gorgeous parts of the world, been back a few times - even doing some business with a factory based in Veneto the last 2yrs, I actually wish I could move family back there.
Its the lifestyle I can melt in.

Oh well hopefully they recruit bit more for a better tilt next season.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
IF Liverpool ever get sucked in by MV I'll die.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

LFC. - 10 Jun 2019 7:18 PM
mcjules - 9 Jun 2019 8:39 PM

fathers early early gen originally from Rijeka/Croatia but after settled in Fiume, my Zio is still in contact with many Fiuman here and gets the paper from the region.
Gorizia pretty close hows that, imagine we have on e thing in common lol......
Due the war the commos,took my Nonnos bakery etc and having had some contatcs in Genoa they fled there, thats where my Dad met his love, Dads family boarded a ship for Oz, Mum turned up a year later and here we are.
Gorgeous parts of the world, been back a few times - even doing some business with a factory based in Veneto the last 2yrs, I actually wish I could move family back there.
Its the lifestyle I can melt in.

Oh well hopefully they recruit bit more for a better tilt next season.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
IF Liverpool ever get sucked in by MV I'll die.

Nice story!  Further back part of my family lived in Piran (in now Slovenia) but my great great great Grandfather moved to Trieste to build ships. I know this because the church there has baptism records back to 1496.
Yeah it is a beautiful spot, have citizenship and have looked a couple of times at potentially moving there. Maybe one day!
There are definitely lots that fled from all along there when Tito rolled through.

Did you grow up with any of the Austrian influences? Like making strudels and eating sausages with sauerkraut. The area's quite the melting pot :)

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

to follow the family roots/origins is like a book and made into a movie for many of us imo.
That awesum Italian movie Life Is Beautiful watched many times and enjoyed balling my eyes out.

Mate the food, its such a mad wonderful mix its to die for during our trips.
We didn't have much sauerkraut tbh growing up, far more Venetian/Liguria cuisine.
The Nonno's probably had that style more than us but damn, Nonna was a brilliant cook as arn't most of them lol........
My Mum was as well but being Genovese a little different than the Nth East region but not by much.
Check out where my Mother comes from Image result for genoa region of italy, my daughter last trip kept saying can't we live here.
Either Nth Italy coastline would do me :)

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Farkken Furlani everywhere🤪

Fogolar still going ?  Not many northerners in Adelaide town

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

LFC. - 12 Jun 2019 1:19 PM
to follow the family roots/origins is like a book and made into a movie for many of us imo.
That awesum Italian movie Life Is Beautiful watched many times and enjoyed balling my eyes out.

Mate the food, its such a mad wonderful mix its to die for during our trips.
We didn't have much sauerkraut tbh growing up, far more Venetian/Liguria cuisine.
The Nonno's probably had that style more than us but damn, Nonna was a brilliant cook as arn't most of them lol........
My Mum was as well but being Genovese a little different than the Nth East region but not by much.
Check out where my Mother comes from Image result for genoa region of italy, my daughter last trip kept saying can't we live here.
Either Nth Italy coastline would do me :)

Spectacular :)

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Great the club renamed some of their juniors triestina victory.  
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Nachoman - 12 Jun 2019 10:25 PM
Farkken Furlani everywhere🤪

Fogolar still going ?  Not many northerners in Adelaide town

We're not Furlan (or Friulan) :) We're Giuliani hence the name of the region is Friuli-Venezia Giulia. Our dialect is a venetian dialect and the traditional area is all the eastern parts of the old venetian republic so down towards Croatia which is where LFC's family. Pre-WWI we were in the Austro-Hungarian empire and in between the 2 world wars all that region was part of Italy. Post-war Tito took pretty much all of it up to Trieste which ran as a free state for a few years and had ally controlled and yugoslav controlled sections a bit like Berlin. Don't why I wrote all that :laugh:

Yep the Fogolar is still there, last time I went there with some Furlan friends we cracked the shits with the staff for some reason I can't remember :laugh:

The Triestini have their own club that my grandparents are still involved in called the Alabarda. They used to have a huge property at Holden Hill with a big hall and a bocce drome. The next generation weren't interested in keeping it going so it was sold off for housing and now the oldies just rent out small halls from the council once a week to meet. The Melbourne club is still going strong though https://www.facebook.com/triestesocialclubmelbourne/

Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

mcjules - 12 Jun 2019 11:00 PM
Nachoman - 12 Jun 2019 10:25 PM

We're not Furlan (or Friulan) :) We're Giuliani hence the name of the region is Friuli-Venezia Giulia. Our dialect is a venetian dialect and the traditional area is all the eastern parts of the old venetian republic so down towards Croatia which is where LFC's family. Pre-WWI we were in the Austro-Hungarian empire and in between the 2 world wars all that region was part of Italy. Post-war Tito took pretty much all of it up to Trieste which ran as a free state for a few years and had ally controlled and yugoslav controlled sections a bit like Berlin. Don't why I wrote all that :laugh:

Yep the Fogolar is still there, last time I went there with some Furlan friends we cracked the shits with the staff for some reason I can't remember :laugh:

The Triestini have their own club that my grandparents are still involved in called the Alabarda. They used to have a huge property at Holden Hill with a big hall and a bocce drome. The next generation weren't interested in keeping it going so it was sold off for housing and now the oldies just rent out small halls from the council once a week to meet. The Melbourne club is still going strong though https://www.facebook.com/triestesocialclubmelbourne/

Sounds like similar fate to the club where my parents we're associated with ... the younger generation werent interested .....

Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro

Nachoman - 13 Jun 2019 11:36 AM
mcjules - 12 Jun 2019 11:00 PM

Sounds like similar fate to the club where my parents we're associated with ... the younger generation werent interested .....

and noticed you speak the same dialect as me !!
porco cane
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search