Positives of 442 forum

Positives of 442 forum

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I'm going to start this thread as there are reasons that many of us keep posting here.

1. I love Joffa and his cohorts' stats thread. If we are not at a game, our perception from looking at crowds on TV can often be wrong. Fans can often sit on the same side of the ground as the TV cameras.

I love seeing objective data - in this case crowds. I've also been pleased that despite the football haters, like Rebecca Wilson, the HAL and many aspects of the local game are working. Joffa's crowd thread supports this notion.

2. Voice Of Reason's Aussie Abroad thread.

I love seeing all the updated info on what is occurring overseas. ATM I'm less interested, because many of the leagues Aussies play in overseas are not decidedly better than the HAL. Giannou said ball circulation was nowhere near as fast in the Greek or C League as in the Socceroos.

3. The Select Few's Underage Socceroo thread.

Often instead of starting a new topic, ongoing discussions are better served in this thread. It is also good for streams of games.

4. The Select Few's senior national team Socceroo thread. Again instead of starting new topics, ongoing discussion is better served in this thread.

5. The fact that 442 constantly links articles from the 442 home page to the forum creates ongoing football content. I've seen another football forum gradually implode with no articles linked to the forum that generates ongoing football discussion.

442 may not be perfect, but it creates an opportunity to discuss football in Australia beyond one's home states.

Edited by Decentric: 13/4/2016 10:08:14 AM
scotty21
scotty21
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The social aspect of 442 is by far the greatest forum I've used. Met up with a lot of blokes from here who I know consider some top quality m80's

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

1. The quality memes that I post.
That is all.

E

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Holy poop stick you reminded me. Going to search up the next youth tournament.

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Love TheSelectFews threads. Keep up the good work brobeans
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Social aspect is great.
Mods are good. Content is decent. Diversity of opinions is okay.
lollywood
lollywood
Amateur
Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Decentric wrote:
I'm going to start this thread as there are reasons that many of us keep posting here.

1. I love Joffa and his cohorts' stats thread. If we are not at a game, our perception from looking at crowds on TV can often be wrong. Fans can often sit on the same side of the ground as the TV cameras.

I love seeing objective data - in this case crowds. I've also been pleased that despite the football haters, like Rebecca Wilson, the HAL and many aspects of the local game are working. Joffa's crowd thread supports this notion.

I love seeing all the updated info on what is occurring overseas. ATM I'm less interested, because many of the leagues Aussies play in overseas are not decidedly better than the HAL. Giannou said ball circulation was nowhere near as fast in the Greek or C League as in the Socceroos.

Often instead of starting a new topic, ongoing discussions are better served in this thread. It is also good for streams of games.

4. The Select Few's senior national team Socceroo thread. Again instead of starting new topics, ongoing discussion is better served in this thread.

5. The fact that 442 constantly links articles from the 442 home page to the forum creates ongoing football content. I've seen another football forum gradually implode with no articles linked to the forum that generates ongoing football discussion.

442 may not be perfect, but it creates an opportunity to discuss football in Australia beyond one's home states.

Look at this suckhole trying to reaffirm his reason for existing. :lol:

Face it you're a conman,salesman,fraud,failure,creepy,disturbed,mentally sick,multiple multi having, death threat making lunatic. :lol:

\:d/

I heartily endorse this product or service.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

lollywood wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Face it you're a conman,salesman,fraud,failure,creepy,disturbed,mentally sick,multiple multi having, death threat making lunatic. :lol:

1. how salty lollywood gets

Outonthefull
Outonthefull
Amateur
Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)

The groupthink is depressing at times but I love Lollywood!!
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Speaking from a mod point of view, I'm loving the people who are helping by self-policing the forum. I won't name names in the interest of letting them be anonymous if need be but I regularly get PMs asking for thread renames, thread moving, locking, post reports, user issues, etc. It's all done in a very civil way and is a hugely appreciated element of this forum that makes us mods jobs easier (as we don't get the chance to see everything) and in general contributes to making this place even better than it already is.

As always, PM me or any mod with ANY concern and if we feel it's worth dealing with we will, and if not hopefully we are able to talk through why we don't think so. Keep making this place great!
roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
lollywood wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Boy, that escalated quickly.

Plot twist: lollywood is a Decentric multi
pv4
pv4
Legend

roary's mane wrote:

I've only just seen your avatar :lol::lol::lol:
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I come here to admire the plethora of sage commentary, to marvel at contemporaneous coaching certificate print production, to learn best practice jargon/TLA's known only to a privileged few, and to lift my shirt and get thoroughly inculcated by various handsome dutchmen who know the secret to passing the ball further.

Bless you, 442.
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

All we need now is a pro/rel + expansion sub forum :)
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Judy Free wrote:
I come here to admire the plethora of sage commentary, to marvel at contemporaneous coaching certificate print production, to learn best practice jargon/TLA's known only to a privileged few, and to lift my shirt and get thoroughly inculcated by various handsome dutchmen who know the secret to passing the ball further.

Bless you, 442.

Holy shit Chips you're still alive?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

6. Heineken's FFA Cup thread.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

scotty21 wrote:
The social aspect of 442 is by far the greatest forum I've used. Met up with a lot of blokes from here who I know consider some top quality m80's

Anthrax friends, are life-long friends.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

scotty21
scotty21
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
scotty21 wrote:

Anthrax friends, are life-long friends.

<3 you too bea

Pyramid Timmy
Pyramid Timmy
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Saves having to talk to all the Women and Homosexuals in the office about Weddings , Diets and whatever fucking reality show is running at the moment
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

scotty21 wrote:

This is what football is all about - building friendships and networking.

I've only met up with one other 442 member, due to tyranny of distance. Really enjoyed it.

I offered to share my lounge for a Socceroo game with another travelling 442 member , but he said he would be with two other 442 members who would be pretty drunk after drinking whisky all day!

Conversely, a lot of useful information, coaching resources, travel advice, stadium advice, ticket advice, different circumstances that occur in different Oz regions and overseas, etc, is shared on 442.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

pv4 wrote:
Speaking from a mod point of view, I'm loving the people who are helping by self-policing the forum. I won't name names in the interest of letting them be anonymous if need be but I regularly get PMs asking for thread renames, thread moving, locking, post reports, user issues, etc. It's all done in a very civil way and is a hugely appreciated element of this forum that makes us mods jobs easier (as we don't get the chance to see everything) and in general contributes to making this place even better than it already is.

As always, PM me or any mod with ANY concern and if we feel it's worth dealing with we will, and if not hopefully we are able to talk through why we don't think so. Keep making this place great!

Good to hear.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Heineken wrote:
6. Heineken's FFA Cup thread.

True.

I forgot that one.

It is a very good thread, mate.=d>
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Edit: Keep your orchestrated personal attacks off our Football forum please. It really is becoming very old.

Edited by Joffa: 17/4/2016 04:42:17 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Edit: Keep your orchestrated personal attacks off our Football forum please. It really is becoming very old.

Edited by Joffa: 17/4/2016 04:42:57 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

[/quote]

I'm speechless.

It is terrible the stuff that goes on Football Anarchy, Judy.

It is best that respected paragons of virtue like you, renowned for your altruism and community work, keep well away from it. Your prior participation on 442 displays those qualities in abundance. With all those impersonations, bogus accounts and multis, you never know who is who on there.

Thankfully, 442 provides a pleasant atmosphere away from all those acrimonious exchanges and hatred . I think it is abhorrent that a strip club is supposedly sponsoring Anarchy.

The axiom is that one needs an IQ below 70 and a criminal record to meet the criteria for membership on Anarchy. I didn't think you'd meet those criteria.

Edited by Joffa: 17/4/2016 04:43:33 PM
Outonthefull
Outonthefull
Amateur
Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)

So one bloke gets a free swing and the other gets edited. Sounds fair.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Outonthefull wrote:

Thanks, I'm ever so glad you agree with me. In fact your praise and affirmation was the first thing that came into my mind.

#relieved

Edited by Joffa: 17/4/2016 06:29:17 PM
Outonthefull
Outonthefull
Amateur

Joffa wrote:
Outonthefull wrote:

Thanks, I'm ever so glad you agree with me. In fact your praise and affirmation was the first thing that came into my mind.

#relieved

Edited by Joffa: 17/4/2016 06:29:17 PM

Not after praise and affirmation.

Just stating facts.

One bloke slags off another bloke and gets away with it the other gets his edited.

#facts.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Outonthefull wrote:

I don't believe #fair comes into the equation.

This is only about the protection of a grub's reputation.

Straight out of the George Pell handbook.
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Social aspect is great.

Y-yeah, gotta love it

._.

Edited by salmonfc: 17/4/2016 08:50:39 PM

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search