Miracle cure for George Pell

Miracle cure for George Pell

Author
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

But, this has been hijacked and turned into a vendetta and witch hunt against the Catholic Church. Institutions lop. are being attacked. the foundations are being torn down. Christians are denied a voice.

I love how Christians/Catholics have the audacity to complain about being denied a voice in all of this.

Christians have a voice, the problem being, no one buys their bullshit excuses for these people and the rotten organisation that they belong to.

It's not a witch hunt, the church is being hammered for deliberately being difficult.

This. And as a catholic i see nothing wrong with the church rightfully getting its comeuppance. For too long they were untouchable. But the hierarchy knew and needs to be held accountable for the sins of their priests

The big problem for me is the church has been constantly trying to dodge culpability. Literally all they had to do was comply with enquiries to the full extent of their ability and to accept responsibility when it came to light that the offences took place.

I think they'd have saved their reputation to some degree for straight up admitting the offences took place and giving the general public a plan to prevent it happening again.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
paladisious wrote:
Aikhme, when you're unrustled enough please fix the quotes in your post, it's a mess.

My quotes are fine.

Maybe your delicate feathers have been ruffled!
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

But, this has been hijacked and turned into a vendetta and witch hunt against the Catholic Church. Institutions are being attacked. the foundations are being torn down. Christians are denied a voice.

I love how Christians/Catholics have the audacity to complain about being denied a voice in all of this.

Christians have a voice, the problem being, no one buys their bullshit excuses for these people and the rotten organisation that they belong to.

It's not a witch hunt, the church is being hammered for deliberately being difficult.

I don't think the Christians or Catholics are complaining too much. They know very well that no one is going to listen and that it will just continue to inflame the Crusade.

The Conservative politicians like Bernardi and some Conservative Analysts and commentators don't have such fears though and highlight things as it is.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

BETHFC wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

But, this has been hijacked and turned into a vendetta and witch hunt against the Catholic Church. Institutions lop. are being attacked. the foundations are being torn down. Christians are denied a voice.

This. And as a catholic i see nothing wrong with the church rightfully getting its comeuppance. For too long they were untouchable. But the hierarchy knew and needs to be held accountable for the sins of their priests

The big problem for me is the church has been constantly trying to dodge culpability. Literally all they had to do was comply with enquiries to the full extent of their ability and to accept responsibility when it came to light that the offences took place.

I think they'd have saved their reputation to some degree for straight up admitting the offences took place and giving the general public a plan to prevent it happening again.

You see! That is the issue!

You want the Church to accept culpability!

That is something they can't do. They will however cooperate with inquiries and any legal process over the wrongdoings of some clergy within its ranks, like any employer would.

If a couple of Bankers within the Commonwealth Bank defrauded their clients against Commonwealth processes and policies or were involved in corruption, it doesn't mean the entire Commonwealth Bank is dirty.

Edited by Aikhme: 16/5/2016 03:54:42 PM
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

BETHFC wrote:

And without getting their lawyers to visciously berate and call victims liars, to the point where many were in tears and unable to continue in their fight for justice, and in a few cases leading to their suicides (not to mention the actual suicides from the abuse).
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

tsf wrote:
BETHFC wrote:

And without getting their lawyers to visciously berate and call victims liars, to the point where many were in tears and unable to continue in their fight for justice, and in a few cases leading to their suicides (not to mention the actual suicides from the abuse).

No one has berated any of the victims. That is an outright lie.

The Church has even allocated funds to compensate victims and also offer assistance and cooperation if any of the victims require it, and even the Pope has expressed deep regret.

Edited by Aikhme: 16/5/2016 04:09:22 PM
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

But, this has been hijacked and turned into a vendetta and witch hunt against the Catholic Church. Institutions are being attacked. the foundations are being torn down. Christians are denied a voice.

I don't think the Christians or Catholics are complaining too much. They know very well that no one is going to listen and that it will just continue to inflame the Crusade.

The Conservative politicians like Bernardi and some Conservative Analysts and commentators don't have such fears though and highlight things as it is.

They're whining about being targeted. Even now you're calling it a witch hunt and cannot even understand how indefensible this is.

This is why people are pissed off. Every Catholic/Christian under the sun is making excuses for inexcusable behaviour.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Aikhme wrote:

That is something they can't do. They will however cooperate with inquiries and any legal process over the wrongdoings of some clergy within its ranks, like any employer would.

If a couple of Bankers within the Commonwealth Bank defrauded their clients against Commonwealth processes and policies or were involved in corruption, it doesn't mean the entire Commonwealth Bank is dirty.

They have to. When BP spilled oil into the Gulf of Mexico they had to accept responsibility. The church doesn't have the luxury of avoiding negative press when it's senior members (people who should know better) failed to act. These people represent the church and thus the church must accept responsibility as an organisation that failed it's responsibility to the communities most vulnerable members (children).
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:
BETHFC wrote:

The Church has even allocated funds to compensate victims and also offer assistance and cooperation if any of the victims require it, and even the Pope has expressed deep regret.

They have called into question the integrity of the victims stories which is the most vile act of victim blaming I've ever seen.

The Pope expressing deep regret is like the Grand Mufti saying he feels bad about 9/11. It's a token slogan to paper over the fact that the organisation systematically abused people and they're avoiding the consequences.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

They're whining about being targeted. Even now you're calling it a witch hunt and cannot even understand how indefensible this is.

This is why people are pissed off. Every Catholic/Christian under the sun is making excuses for inexcusable behaviour.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

They do have a political arm, but usually its the conservative politicians whining.

And they have every right to whine as well.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

They have to. When BP spilled oil into the Gulf of Mexico they had to accept responsibility. The church doesn't have the luxury of avoiding negative press when it's senior members (people who should know better) failed to act. These people represent the church and thus the church must accept responsibility as an organisation that failed it's responsibility to the communities most vulnerable members (children).

But that's different in my opinion.

A Corporation was deliberately cutting corners or not putting control measures in place resulting in this ecological catastrophe.

Having a couple of priests or employees break laws on their own accord is not the same thing.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:
BETHFC wrote:

They have called into question the integrity of the victims stories which is the most vile act of victim blaming I've ever seen.

The Pope expressing deep regret is like the Grand Mufti saying he feels bad about 9/11. It's a token slogan to paper over the fact that the organisation systematically abused people and they're avoiding the consequences.

That's why we have a legal system. There is a burden of proof and by its very nature, they have to call into question everything.

That is a basic fundamental, otherwise anyone can claim anything they want and even lie.

We have a justice system.
And Everyone Blamed Clive
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

George Pell never molested anyone.

You do not know that.

Aikhme wrote:

He is accused of either not doing enough or not acting quick enough or both.

He's also accused of covering it up, and transferring priests he knew were kid rapists to other churches, where they then went on to rape more children.

Are you now making accusations that he did?

If so, there is a burden of proof. Not a case of guilty until proven innocent.

Bring the proof and have him charged.

And no, he is not being accused of covering things up. They would like to. But he is too smart for them.

There's a lengthening list of victims who've come forward to the Royal Commission. The RC are supposed to pass them on to the Feds but, for reasons not known, the RC are still sitting on a proportion of them.

The Feds themselves are scrambling to investigate all the info they are getting.

Clock is ticking on Pell and a number of others.

Gets a bit trickier still when the police themselves get implicated.

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:

Sorry, but that is laugably false. In Ireland lawyers were like savage dogs.

Now, in Australia the church have begrudgingly offered compensation when there was no room to deny or avoid any longer. Around the world they have not been better.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Aikhme wrote:
BETHFC wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

But that's different in my opinion.

A Corporation was deliberately cutting corners or not putting control measures in place resulting in this ecological catastrophe.

Having a couple of priests or employees break laws on their own accord is not the same thing.

There you go. The responsibility of adequately grouting the well is the responsibility of a few people. Same as the church instance.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Joffa wrote:
#He's eating a steak and therefore he must be guilty.

It's nothing to do with guilt, and everything to do with honesty.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

But but but witch hunt. Feral media. Etc etc
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

View from the fence wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

George Pell never molested anyone.

You do not know that.

Aikhme wrote:

He is accused of either not doing enough or not acting quick enough or both.

He's also accused of covering it up, and transferring priests he knew were kid rapists to other churches, where they then went on to rape more children.

Are you now making accusations that he did?

If so, there is a burden of proof. Not a case of guilty until proven innocent.

Bring the proof and have him charged.

And no, he is not being accused of covering things up. They would like to. But he is too smart for them.

There's a lengthening list of victims who've come forward to the Royal Commission. The RC are supposed to pass them on to the Feds but, for reasons not known, the RC are still sitting on a proportion of them.

The Feds themselves are scrambling to investigate all the info they are getting.

Clock is ticking on Pell and a number of others.

Gets a bit trickier still when the police themselves get implicated.

Nothing wrong with people coming forward. I am all for it.

There is an investigation process to take place. Just because people come forward doesn't make the claims true. They need to be proven.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

Now, in Australia the church have begrudgingly offered compensation when there was no room to deny or avoid any longer. Around the world they have not been better.

Well they are not going to compensate hearsay. That is absurd!

tell me who in the real world would do it?

They will only compensate proven instances of wrongdoing.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
But but but witch hunt. Feral media. Etc etc

Yes! It has metamorphosed into a Witch Hunt, Spanish Inquisition, by the Leftist Progressives who want to change society.

And it will come out in due course!

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

:lol:
tsf
tsf
Legend

Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

Which takes us back to the original point of getting them to turn up for questioning...

Or getting the police to investigate it (which it appears they often refused to do and even it is appearing they engaged in the opposite in ballarat)
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

Which takes us back to the original point of getting them to turn up for questioning...

Or getting the police to investigate it (which it appears they often refused to do and even it is appearing they engaged in the opposite in ballarat)

they never said they won't turn up. They just said that Cardinal Pell is too ill to fly to Australia.

How do you guys know this is a lie?

Just because he sits down to enjoy a meal, and a beer, or go for a stroll in Rome, is not sufficient enough evidence for me to say he is lieing about his general health and flying to the other side of the planet.

Maybe they can Skype him, presuming he is well enough. That is up to his Doctor's to decide.

he has as much right to medical care and the maintenance of his well-being as anyone else.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Fuck ricey theres arguing and thens being a bellend because you dont like what people are saying. Face it the catholic church has some explaining to do. And as a catholic i wamt answers.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
Fuck ricey theres arguing and thens being a bellend because you dont like what people are saying. Face it the catholic church has some explaining to do. And as a catholic i wamt answers.

You're arguing that pell:
1) has no right to enjoy a steak,
2) has no right to enjoy a beer,
3) has no right to go for a stroll,
4) has no right to call a sickie because of a bad ticker.

Have I got it right so far? :lol:

Please send me your Cardiovascular Credentials for me to take you seriously.

So who is the bellend?

Edited by Aikhme: 16/5/2016 07:56:01 PM
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Ffa ricey you're pathetic.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
Ffa ricey you're pathetic.

BTW, your trickery and character assassination attempt is pathetic. That is rule number 3 in the Leftist Handbook of skulduggery!

Rule 3: if you can't beat them, character assassinate them.

I shall go through the other rules in due course! :lol:
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

:lol: if all else fails just use the old your a leftist rant. Poor old ricey
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

I am beyond question when it comes to multis. beyond question and squeaky clean! :cool:
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

I am beyond question when it comes to multis. beyond question and squeaky clean! :cool:

Should have been banned by now, shittest multi on here at the moment.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search