The Motorsport Thread

The Motorsport Thread

Author
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Wet Monaco about to start sadly most likely under safety car then a couple of hours later indy 500 with Matthew Brabham

Conservative
Conservative
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
How many Brabhams are there? So many of them.

Is he a second or third generation?
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Said this a million times but how good is the Sky F1 coverage we get on Foxtel? Everything you could ever want IMO.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Conservative
Conservative
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)Hardcore Fan (177 reputation)

mcjules wrote:
Said this a million times but how good is the Sky F1 coverage we get on Foxtel? Everything you could ever want IMO.

I dont know about that. I want quite a bit.
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

lol formula one coverage is excellent and i think Matthew is 3rd generation he is only 22 and apparently the son of Geoff

honestly in terms of motorsport i watch it all including Nascar, i only half watch that though but i am a huge motorsport fan

Swarth
Swarth
Pro

this is a complete joke

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Feel for Ricciardo :(

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Whoever is strategist for Red bull surely won't last much longer
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

he is going to come 2nd, i should be happy with that but i am not

Soft News
Soft News
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

mcjules wrote:

Mark Webber's book explains Red Bull internal politics.... Daniel R got dudded tonight.
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

Soft News wrote:
mcjules wrote:

Mark Webber's book explains Red Bull internal politics.... Daniel R got dudded tonight.

i should read that one, at least this was a ridiculous mistake and not on purpose, they saved their intentional screwing with a driver with Webber

i am still pissed off about the safety car start, i have watched so much exciting racing in the rain and now i shudder whenever i hear rain is within 2000 km of the circuit because i know its going to be a lot of red flags and safety cars because they are way too cautious i know there are circumstances where you need to have a safety car start but that was not one of them, ah well that is formula one for you, bring on the indy 500

also very excited for Bathurst but i am going to have to wait a while for that one

Swarth
Swarth
Pro

they have a DJ before the indy 500 why?

on the dirty lewis move i thought he should have given the spot to Daniel purely because he left the circuit and got a advantage from that

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Two races in a row now that Daniel has been shafted. At least the new Renault engine should be a bit more competitive, but Monaco isn't the best test for that obviously.
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

About time someone made a decent thread...

Surely Riccardo is looking at jumping ship

Edited by Socawho: 30/5/2016 12:29:15 PM
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

SocaWho wrote:
About time someone made a decent thread...

Surely Riccardo is looking at jumping ship

Edited by Socawho: 30/5/2016 12:29:15 PM

That was a fucking disgrace. His car was absolute lightning over the weekend and to have that happen was a joke.

I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped ship, but honestly where's he going to go? If anything he'd be going to a team with a slower car..
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

Monaco was the worst place to get a new engine still my guess it helped a tiny bit but not enough and this is what Daniel must have wanted to do after the race

[youtube]-YcTP_6PLcM[/youtube]

he is such a great screamer

Indy 500 was alright and i would like to see Daniel at either Ferrari or red bull or replacing Nico even if he is wining the championship right now, lucky red bull screw ups are not that common

Edited by swarth: 30/5/2016 09:14:08 PM

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

Ricciardo to Ferrari rumours are already flying around, but I don't know how trustworthy that is. Safe to say the team really needs to pick up their game or he'll be looking for any way out at the end of this season, and in this form he'll clearly be in demand.
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

Any rally fans here? I was hugely into it in the 90's and early-mid noughties but sadly I just can't muster up the same interest and excitement since the likes of McRae, Makinen, Gronholm, and Sainz all departed and Loeb just went nuts and won everything for years on end (no discredit to him though, incredible driver but just not a big personality in my eyes).
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Chris_AUFC wrote:
Any rally fans here? I was hugely into it in the 90's and early-mid noughties but sadly I just can't muster up the same interest and excitement since the likes of McRae, Makinen, Gronholm, and Sainz all departed and Loeb just went nuts and won everything for years on end (no discredit to him though, incredible driver but just not a big personality in my eyes).

Old Possum Bourne RIP
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Another motor racing passionate supporter.
Mind you I go back more than most I expect - as a young bloke watched Alan Jones win in the Williams back then lol......
I'm a Ferrari follower due to the blood lines.
Loving seeing Ron Dennis suck it for a while at present.
Can't stand spoiled prat hamilton - he's hardly had competition the recent years till Nico finally getting this recent run of wins.
DR's best seat for now is sit with RB, both Ferrari MB have sound combo's unless something is done by either wishing to lock him up sooner rather than later.
The pit crew chief's indecision on tyres costed DR the Monaco win.

Big follower of the local V8's, mind you its not as it once was but this season is very competitive.
Due to business I'm at Bathurst many times, looking forward to it as always.
I can't watch Nascar that much tbh, I admire their speeds but it just get too much going round and round and round.
Seen a few live whilst in the US, bit better being there but I get bored watching on the box.

WRC, like V8's not as it once was, watched heaps before, admire their craftsmanship though and watch now and then still.
Rohl,Ari,Kankkunen,Sainz,Makinen,McRae -

Love Football

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Chris_AUFC wrote:

Yeah used to love the WRC back in the day, haven't really watched or followed it in years though. Big fan in the days that you mentioned, when McRae was at the top of his game.
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

Sad that it's fallen almost to obscurity these days when you compare it to its popularity during Group B and then A through the 90's and 2000's. The FIA have noticed this as well, and it seems like they want to shake things up and make the cars a bit more interesting and exciting. Starting from next year, power is set to increase form ~320 BHP to 380, the cars will be lighter, and cars will feature more aero devices. Some concepts below.

Interesting how much perception has changed since Group A came in. Back then it was considered really cool seeing cars that look just like the one you had in your driveway flying over crests and bouncing off snow banks (hence why Subaru and Mitsubishi cashed in and made a fortune), but now people want to see Group B style monsters again to get that excitement factor back (which I do agree with).

Edited by Chris_AUFC: 31/5/2016 10:48:51 AM
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

i do like rallying but its just way too hard to keep track off to me

also sadly 3 fatalities in motorbike racing recently RIP all of them

Swarth
Swarth
Pro

also Penske screwed up Powers stop and didnt attach a wheel.......what is with top teams screwing Australians over recently

Swarth
Swarth
Pro

sorry 3rd post in a row, just needed to say Montoya is a tool, well i just wanted to post that

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

Swarth wrote:
also Penske screwed up Powers stop and didnt attach a wheel.......what is with top teams screwing Australians over recently

Saw this :lol: Bloody clowns.

And I think we can all agree Montoya is a twat, he always came across that way when still in F1 too.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Chris_AUFC wrote:
[quote=Swarth]also Penske screwed up Powers stop and didnt attach a wheel.......what is with top teams screwing Australians over recently

And I think we can all agree Montoya is a twat, he always came across that way when still in F1 too. [/quote

Loved watching him though.
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

He had balls, and wasn't afraid to try an overtake when it was more difficult than it is now (cough DRS). Drivers had more balls back then.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Not just balls, the pits didn't run the cars much those days - drivers drove !
Yes he had balls but effed up many times as well.
On another note re this partly why Stoner departed from motogp for eg.

Got to say how was Rossi's last race against Marquez ! 39yrs and still going to the limit against the young ones.
Saying that wish Stoner was still at it - be interesting how long he hangs around testing for Duke once Jorge arrives for next season.
Bravo Miller, finally gained a top 10 finish.

Edited by LFC.: 10/6/2016 01:11:11 PM

Love Football

Swarth
Swarth
Pro

NicCarBel wrote:
Chris_AUFC wrote:
[quote=Swarth]also Penske screwed up Powers stop and didnt attach a wheel.......what is with top teams screwing Australians over recently

And I think we can all agree Montoya is a twat, he always came across that way when still in F1 too. [/quote

Loved watching him though.

lol Aussies are not having a great time with that right now :P still Power was able to win the race after so considering its been 13 months since he won a race i am happy he won something, in an earlier series before formula one i know Craig Lowndes raced against him and apparently they did not get along and honestly to me i think craig is the kind of guy you would have to try pretty hard to not get along with so he has always been like that but ah well i agree its great to see him race, i am so excited for Canada, such a legendary circuit, such a shitty time zone

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search