2017 FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds

2017 FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Tasmanian FFA Cup Final

Olympia 4, Knights 2.

Danny Allsopp was largely ineffectual for Knights.

Olympia will represent Tasmania in the FFA Cup.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 13 Jun 2017 8:45 AM
Tasmanian FFA Cup Final

Olympia 4, Knights 2.

Danny Allsopp was largely ineffectual for Knights.

Olympia will represent Tasmania in the FFA Cup.

I thought he did well all things considered. 

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 13 Jun 2017 10:14 AM
Decentric - 13 Jun 2017 8:45 AM

I thought he did well all things considered. 

Did you watch the stream, TSF?

I expected him to physically overpower the Olympia defence. He had 1 effective shot for goal from a defensive mistake in the first half.

Danny also made one huge uncoordinated attempt in receiving one ball in the second half. I wanted him to score a couple of goals. In the past there has been a chasm in standard between MV and the Tassie NPL, so I expected him to be effective despite lacking math fitness.

There must be some bigger units in the Tassie NPL than I thought, because Danny looked like a pretty big boy when he played HAL football. 

I wish one of the  8 Tassie NPL clubs could've signed him for the season. Living here, rather than a fly in, fly out player.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
TassieMad
TassieMad
Super Fan
Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)

Lucas Hill "The Mountain" marked Danny Allsopp very well, Knights midfield were not hitting Allsopp's feet which didn't help as Hill wins everything in the air. Allsop he wasn't bad but wasn't good. Olympia bet Knights in the physical contest and played some wonderful football and were deserved winners. Jakub Sklenar is a very clinical finisher scored 2 goals but didn't do anything else during the game. Hopefully a home draw. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

TassieMad - 13 Jun 2017 10:49 AM
 Olympia bet Knights in the physical contest and played some wonderful football and were deserved winners. 

The third Olympia goal where one of the mids passed a beautifully weighted defence splitting pass to Wadawu,  who read it, with Wazza then  crossing a sitter to a striker to put it in the roof of the net, was very, very good football.

I had no hope getting into  the very full stand. Did you?

My view wasn't the best because there  were so many people already in good positions at the half way line. There seemed to be more cars around KGV than when the Tassie AFL team played an interstate fixture on Saturday.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
TassieMad
TassieMad
Super Fan
Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)

Decentric - 13 Jun 2017 11:02 AM
TassieMad - 13 Jun 2017 10:49 AM

The third Olympia goal where one of the mids passed a beautifully weighted defence splitting pass to Wadawu,  who read it, with Wazza then  crossing a sitter to a striker to put it in the roof of the net, was very, very good football.

i had no hope getting into  the very full stand. Did you?

My view wasn't the best because there  were so many people already in good positions at the half way line. There seemed to be more cars around KGV than when the Tassie AFL team played an interstate fixture on Saturday.

I moved around different areas to get different views of the game. For the women's final I was in the stand at the top. For men's final I moved along the fences on the grandstand side as I like the hear and see what the players/coaches are saying in the bench area. Than with 20 minutes to go I headed up stairs to the Clubhouse were I got the best view and I could really see the 2,000 + crowd that were in attendance. 
evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

Last game in NNSW qualifying happening at the moment, Edgeworth 1-0 up over Maitland at half time.
evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

1-0 is how it finished, Edgeworth into the final 32 once again.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

evolution - 13 Jun 2017 9:07 PM
1-0 is how it finished, Edgeworth into the final 32 once again.

Good to see repeat offenders back into the Cup. Consistency is great to see.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Heads up everyone, this weekends Federation Cup Final in Canberra (FFA Cup Round 7) between Canberra Olympic and Tuggeranong United at Deakin Stadium WILL BE LIVE STREAMED via BarSports TV at 1pm on Saturday.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

NicCarBel - 15 Jun 2017 11:54 AM
Heads up everyone, this weekends Federation Cup Final in Canberra (FFA Cup Round 7) between Canberra Olympic and Tuggeranong United at Deakin Stadium WILL BE LIVE STREAMED via BarSports TV at 1pm on Saturday.

Get in. Bar TV are quality and i shall share the living bejesus out of this stream. 

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

I know, so good. Checked out some of their other stuff when I heard the news, cause going forward they will be doing a game a week from the NPL here
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

NicCarBel - 15 Jun 2017 9:24 PM
I know, so good. Checked out some of their other stuff when I heard the news, cause going forward they will be doing a game a week from the NPL here

They even good matching clothes. :laugh:

They have been killing it ratings wise getting 20k on demand video views with up to 15k live. Canberra locals should really take advantage of the oppurtunity.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

They should. They've been doing the Raiders Cup here (Canberra's Rugby League competition) and looks pretty class too. Looking forward to it, considering it was something I wanted to do for the Rhinos going forward, but I didn't have the hardware (or forsee having it soonish) to do so.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

FFA Cup qualifier
Canberra Olympic v Tuggeranong United
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1349578975138012&id=310038959092024

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

who is left to qualify?
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Decentric - 13 Jun 2017 10:40 AM
TheSelectFew - 13 Jun 2017 10:14 AM

Did you watch the stream, TSF?

I expected him to physically overpower the Olympia defence. He had 1 effective shot for goal from a defensive mistake in the first half.

Danny also made one huge uncoordinated attempt in receiving one ball in the second half. I wanted him to score a couple of goals. In the past there has been a chasm in standard between MV and the Tassie NPL, so I expected him to be effective despite lacking math fitness.

There must be some bigger units in the Tassie NPL than I thought, because Danny looked like a pretty big boy when he played HAL football. 

I wish one of the  8 Tassie NPL clubs could've signed him for the season. Living here, rather than a fly in, fly out player.

He hasn't played A-League for 5 years and doesnt seem to have played much football at all for the last 3/4 years. At least not at a decent level. 

Nothing but a marketing stunt by the Knights which they probably would've been better off avoiding. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

SydneyCroatia - 20 Jun 2017 2:23 PM
Decentric - 13 Jun 2017 10:40 AM

He hasn't played A-League for 5 years and doesnt seem to have played much football at all for the last 3/4 years. At least not at a decent level. 

Nothing but a marketing stunt by the Knights which they probably would've been better off avoiding. 

The marketing stunt could have been actually qualifying. A 3rd tier team getting through from Tassie would have been huge. 

TassieMad
TassieMad
Super Fan

vincenzogold - 20 Jun 2017 2:08 PM
who is left to qualify?

(NT) Celtic FC v Darwin Rovers                   (SA) Adelaide City v MetroStars                         Both finals to be played on Saturday 24th winners qualify for 2017 Westfield FFA Cup Round of 32
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 20 Jun 2017 7:32 PM
SydneyCroatia - 20 Jun 2017 2:23 PM

The marketing stunt could have been actually qualifying. A 3rd tier team getting through from Tassie would have been huge. 

Exactly... and I think bringing in a bloke who hasnt played at a decent level for close to 5 years made the task tougher. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

SydneyCroatia - 21 Jun 2017 8:56 AM
TheSelectFew - 20 Jun 2017 7:32 PM

Exactly... and I think bringing in a bloke who hasnt played at a decent level for close to 5 years made the task tougher. 

Surely someone in the academy could have come in.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search