Australian News/Events Thread

Australian News/Events Thread

Author
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
433 - 2 Jul 2019 9:49 PM
Sorry mate, I couldn't find an exact meme that says hypocrite - but I'm sure you can understand the point. 

Obviously I get your point, however I don't get how you fail to see how both extremes of the left or right can be hypocrites. 
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

robstazzz - 2 Jul 2019 9:59 PM
433 - 2 Jul 2019 9:49 PM

Obviously I get your point, however I don't get how you fail to see how both extremes of the left or right can be hypocrites. 

They obviously can be, but the hypocrisy of this issue overwhelmingly belongs to the right. Show me an example of the extreme left being hypocritical on this issue?
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

433 - 2 Jul 2019 10:14 PM
robstazzz - 2 Jul 2019 9:59 PM

They obviously can be, but the hypocrisy of this issue overwhelmingly belongs to the right. Show me an example of the extreme left being hypocritical on this issue?

1. Isreal Falou 
2. Donald Trump
3. Scott Morrison

1. Isreal Falou not being allowed to follow his religion and preach it to his followers according to what's been written in the bible. So in other words modify it, or keep it to yourself, otherwise we want you sacked, and we won't stop there because we want your wife who supports you also sacked. 

2. Donald Trump wins an election. Majority of America voted for him, yet the losers in the minority decide to cause chaos with riots, and pick on anyone they see supporting Trump. 

3. Scott Morrison being egged by an idiot who clearly wasn't taught any morals, and has no understanding of the word respect. 

There is a shit load of more examples, but they are only 3 where the extreme left didn't hear or get what they want. In retaliation instead of accepting things they attack anyone who disagrees with them, and by attack I don't only mean verbal attacks, I mean physical attacks. All this from a lovely bunch of happy loving people who believe in democracy and freedom of speech. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/neil-oriordan-breaks-down-after-magda-szubanski-asks-him-about-helping-his-wife-take-her-own-life/news-story/09c55d23d7d507ea3de10e32d3a6f60c

Member since 2008.

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

None of those are hypocrisy, but sure. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

robstazzz - 2 Jul 2019 9:22 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 2 Jul 2019 9:12 PM

Do you really fail to see both extreme far left and extreme far right are both hypocrites?

I never said otherwise. I've always criticised the left for their hypocrisy when I see it.

But right now we are talking about right wing commentators because that is what the discussion is about.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

sydneyfc1987 - 3 Jul 2019 2:23 PM
robstazzz - 2 Jul 2019 9:22 PM

I never said otherwise. I've always criticised the left for their hypocrisy when I see it.

But right now we are talking about right wing commentators because that is what the discussion is about.

Fair point. 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

433 - 3 Jul 2019 12:37 PM
None of those are hypocrisy, but sure. 

😂 Not in 433's world, where a dictionary doesn't mean shit.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

robstazzz - 2 Jul 2019 10:33 PM
433 - 2 Jul 2019 10:14 PM

1. Isreal Falou 
2. Donald Trump
3. Scott Morrison

1. Isreal Falou not being allowed to follow his religion and preach it to his followers according to what's been written in the bible. So in other words modify it, or keep it to yourself, otherwise we want you sacked, and we won't stop there because we want your wife who supports you also sacked. 

2. Donald Trump wins an election. Majority of America voted for him, yet the losers in the minority decide to cause chaos with riots, and pick on anyone they see supporting Trump. 

3. Scott Morrison being egged by an idiot who clearly wasn't taught any morals, and has no understanding of the word respect. 

There is a shit load of more examples, but they are only 3 where the extreme left didn't hear or get what they want. In retaliation instead of accepting things they attack anyone who disagrees with them, and by attack I don't only mean verbal attacks, I mean physical attacks. All this from a lovely bunch of happy loving people who believe in democracy and freedom of speech. 

Not that i care about this fight but the majority of Americans definitely did not vote for Trump.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

scubaroo - 4 Jul 2019 12:29 AM
robstazzz - 2 Jul 2019 10:33 PM

Not that i care about this fight but the majority of Americans definitely did not vote for Trump.

Who did the majority vote for?
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

robstazzz - 4 Jul 2019 7:02 AM

Clinton won the popular vote. Trump won the colleges.

Member since 2008.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

robstazzz - 4 Jul 2019 7:02 AM

Clinton but not in the States where it counted more.
Muz
Muz
Legend

UK news but related.  https://www.smh.com.au/national/folau-s-prospects-bolstered-by-landmark-religious-freedom-ruling-in-britain-20190704-p5240w.html

The factual similarities to Folau’s case are remarkable. Felix Ngole was a social work student at the University of Sheffield and a devout Christian. In 2014, he posted Bible verses about homosexuality on a public Facebook page as part of a political debate. Sheffield University accused Ngole of breaching a vague and broadly worded code of conduct.

Member since 2008.

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

^ It took 4 years, that would have been one huge headache for Felix. And apparently it might not even be over if there's an appeal. 
Muz
Muz
Legend

Mack Horton.

Peter Fitzsimos put the boot into Israel Folau for weeks on end over numerous columns in a very sanctimonious manner.

Today Fitz penned this.  https://www.smh.com.au/sport/swimming/horton-shouldn-t-have-to-shake-the-hand-of-a-man-he-doesn-t-respect-20190722-p529hw.html

From the comments section below this very perceptive comment:

So let me get this right Fitz.

Matt Horton has refused to shake an opponents hand AND then refused to take the podium (in the silver position) with that competitor. Clearly he has blatantly and publicly disrespected Sun.

What if Swimming Australia has a Code of Conduct (I’d be surprised if they didn’t) that Horton has agreed to as part of his contract? What if that code forbids athletes from conducting themselves in such a way (I’d be surprised if it didn’t) and requires them to abide by FINAs rules and regs?

Horton has now been warned by FINA in respect of his actions.

If he did it again, maybe ... tonight, would you support Australian Swimming administrators if they tore up his contract, kicked him out of the team and said he would never swim for Australia again?

Clearly they wouldn’t be sacking him for standing up for what he believes in. It wouldn’t be a freedom of speech issue. It would of course be a cut and dried workplace contract dispute that Matt has broken after being warned.

Discuss.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Folau:  

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/israel-folau-preaches-bushfires-and-drought-are-gods-punishment-for-samesex-marriage-and-abortion/news-story/1342cc45c7bdd686d99e56e97b608fcf

Was funny watching the very same people supporting Folau for his gay comments having a pink fit about these 'free speech' comments.

Member since 2008.

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

are you kidding me Folau !!!

that absolute rubbish you sprouted about bushfires and gods punishment is ridiculous, disgusting and downright lacks any compassion that ALL Christians preach. 

You need to have a damn good look at yourself. You have a gift from god as a athlete and this is how you repay it, by sprouting religious hatred. Shame!!!!
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Not just a bigot, but a Westboro-Baptist-Church-level nutcase as well. 

Go figure...

The question is how will Moronflorugue try to spin this one. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 18 Nov 2019 6:47 PM

Go figure...

Everyone has free speech. We just give him the platform by listening. Soon enough, he can be a loony preaching on a street corner for all I care.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Burztur - 18 Nov 2019 8:04 PM

Everyone has free speech. We just give him the platform by listening. Soon enough, he can be a loony preaching on a street corner for all I care.

We don't  have the right to free speech in oz.  We have the right  to criticize the government  without the threat of jail though 
Muz
Muz
Legend

Go figure...

Aikhme can spin anything.  A few pages back in one of these threads he said the murdering of thousands of young children was all part of God's great plan.  No doubt the 4 people burnt to a crisp in screaming agony just recently in the fires were part of some wonderful opportunity God had decided to bestow upon them.

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1309671/The-Australian-Politics-thread-Prime-Minister-Scott-Morrison?PageIndex=753

Apparently those poor 4 souls have 'achieved their objective'.

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 18 Nov 2019 8:29 PM
Burztur - 18 Nov 2019 8:04 PM

We don't  have the right to free speech in oz.  We have the right  to criticize the government  without the threat of jail though 

That's true. We technically don't have free speech in Oz. My point still stands that we are giving him a platform. If the media just didn't focus on him, he would be the crazy guy in the street.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

He's know he's being filmed by one of his own parishioners & he know that the idiotic media will slavishly report it.   

In the race to the bottom of who can be the biggest fucking insane attention seeking nutjob it's Israel & the Greens neck & neck down the straight.  
Edited
5 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Burztur - 18 Nov 2019 11:14 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 18 Nov 2019 8:29 PM

That's true. We technically don't have free speech in Oz. My point still stands that we are giving him a platform. If the media just didn't focus on him, he would be the crazy guy in the street.

Its hard not to take notice when public figures say things that are designed to get a reaction out of people. 

It was exactly what he was doing with the anti-gay tweet too. Only difference now is all the idiots that supported his right to tweet those things are now saying "You can't say that!!!" 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Nov 2019 12:55 PM
Burztur - 18 Nov 2019 11:14 PM

Its hard not to take notice when public figures say things that are designed to get a reaction out of people. 

It was exactly what he was doing with the anti-gay tweet too. Only difference now is all the idiots that supported his right to tweet those things are now saying "You can't say that!!!" 
Funny how they now say that .  I thought anyone cam say anything  they want 

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Nov 2019 5:15 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 19 Nov 2019 12:55 PM
Funny how they now say that .  I thought anyone cam say anything  they want 

Further reinforces that conservatives don't actually care about free speech.

FWIW I believe Israel can say whatever he wants but he shouldn't expect anyone to pay him to do a job/represent their organisation. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Nov 2019 6:34 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Nov 2019 5:15 PM

Further reinforces that conservatives don't actually care about free speech.

FWIW I believe Israel can say whatever he wants but he shouldn't expect anyone to pay him to do a job/represent their organisation. 

There is limits on what you can say. Look at how say Adam goodes  and or yasemin  say something and the howls of outrage that gets played out.  When israel and or jones or panahi  or bolt say something everyone who disagrees is a snowflake
Muz
Muz
Legend

You see you leftard wankers what we need is less regulation not more.  

The sooner the 'free market's is unshackled the sooner we'll be better off.

https://www.smh.com.au/topic/austrac-crackdown-1nat

Member since 2008.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 20 Nov 2019 5:08 PM

Rofffffffffffff

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 20 Nov 2019 5:08 PM

Both the head of the CBA & Westpac should be in prison.  

They have both committed financial crimes that have enabled money laundering & terrorism. 

And yet the government wants to deregister unions for minor infractions.  Gee, I wonder why?  
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search