Australian News/Events Thread

Australian News/Events Thread

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
433 - 17 Oct 2016 5:24 PM
paulbagzFC - 17 Oct 2016 12:20 PM

What causes this shit to happen is the fact that lots of recreational drugs are illegal. If it was regulated and their was quality control then none of this stuff would happen because no shitty substances get chucked in the tablet by dodgy manufacturers. I have no doubt that no one actually thought they were taking Flakka or whatever it's called, they probably assumed it was MDMA which is relatively benign.

Also that's a pretty callous thing to say, when your nephew or someone you know pops a pinger after their year 12 formal or at a rave and reacts poorly due to the shit that gets mixed in, maybe you'll have some more sympathy. 

Nope, would raise the kids right in the first place.
-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Condemned666 - 17 Oct 2016 6:35 PM

Back in our day Avocados were cheap!

-PB

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 17 Oct 2016 12:20 PM

What causes this shit to happen is the fact that lots of recreational drugs are illegal. If it was regulated and their was quality control then none of this stuff would happen because no shitty substances get chucked in the tablet by dodgy manufacturers. I have no doubt that no one actually thought they were taking Flakka or whatever it's called, they probably assumed it was MDMA which is relatively benign.

Also that's a pretty callous thing to say, when your nephew or someone you know pops a pinger after their year 12 formal or at a rave and reacts poorly due to the shit that gets mixed in, maybe you'll have some more sympathy. 

What I think is absolutely fucking moronic is people calling others out for lacking empathy over the side affects of drugs.

1) People wilfully take substances that are questionable in quality. They still fucking take it.
2) No one can say they're not aware of the side affects of drugs. It literally saturates education.
3) Why deregulate drugs when people ignore safety protocols anyway?
4) Does it matter what the drug actually was? You're still a complete retard if you buy a drug in a club and ingest it. If you're that desperate to alter your state of consciousness, you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

I support the legal testing of drugs. European countries have places that can do it so people at least know what they're taking. However, that would give people a false sense of safety. Illicit drugs are illegal for a reason.

To call someone callous because they don't have sympathy for stupidity and ignorance is retarded. Bringing family into the argument is an emotional low blow.

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 18 Oct 2016 7:04 AM

Nope, would raise the kids right in the first place.
-PB

Righto mate, because telling your kids "drugs r bad mkay" really works doesn't it?

BETHFC - 18 Oct 2016 9:02 AM

What I think is absolutely fucking moronic is people calling others out for lacking empathy over the side affects of drugs.

1) People wilfully take substances that are questionable in quality. They still fucking take it.

Yeah they probably should know what they're ingesting, but if this whole thing was LEGALIZED then there would be quality control and no bad stuff thrown in. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't the drug itself that kills - its the shit chucked in with it by dodgy manufacturers.

2) No one can say they're not aware of the side affects of drugs. It literally saturates education.

MDMA, weed etc (in suitable amounts - like ALL fucking drugs) has minimal side effects. 

3) Why deregulate drugs when people ignore safety protocols anyway?

If they were legalised dodgy c*nts would go out of business because there wouldn't be a black market for them, thus making them safer for use?

4) Does it matter what the drug actually was? You're still a complete retard if you buy a drug in a club and ingest it. If you're that desperate to alter your state of consciousness, you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Yeah it does matter what the drug is because some drugs are EXTREMELY BENIGN. I would much rather be in a room  with 10 high people or 10 people in pingas than 10 drunk people any fucking day of the week. 

I support the legal testing of drugs. European countries have places that can do it so people at least know what they're taking. However, that would give people a false sense of safety. Illicit drugs are illegal for a reason.

Because the law is too slow to catch up to society. 

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

1) The other problem is how people react and behave on the drug. Lets be realistic, the government isn't going to support a drug that makes you hallucinate or act like an idiot.

2) I don't think moderate use is too much of an issue. MDMA has short term affects (google it) and the long term affects aren't fully understood. Weed is a plant and is only illegal because our politicians are dinosaurs.

3) If you regulate drugs the price would sky-rocket which would keep the market open for dodgy dealers. The price would go up because of licensing, taxes etc.

4) MDMA is not benign. If you're a fat C*nt with high blood pressure on MDMA you can have severe health issues like heart attacks. When you take elevated levels of Dopamine and then stop your body craves it and you become lethargic/fatigued. There are shitloads of side affects of taking MDMA it's just they're not even close to as bad as something like crack.

It's a sick fucking world we live in when society thinks altering your consciousness is a good or acceptable thing. People will always take drugs to escape their problems in life but it certainly shouldn't be encouraged.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

433 - 18 Oct 2016 11:52 AM
paulbagzFC - 18 Oct 2016 7:04 AM

Righto mate, because telling your kids "drugs r bad mkay" really works doesn't it?

Clearly didn't teach them well enough and clearly it does work seeing as fools that take drugs are the minority.

Not my fault they want to escape an existence by funneling shit in their mouth, just like idiots who go to festivals just to get baked/high rather than the music.

-PB

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

paulbagzFC - 18 Oct 2016 12:38 PM
433 - 18 Oct 2016 11:52 AM

Clearly didn't teach them well enough and clearly it does work seeing as fools that take drugs are the minority.

Not my fault they want to escape an existence by funneling shit in their mouth, just like idiots who go to festivals just to get baked/high rather than the music.

-PB

Young people think it's their god given right to do whatever they want.

I'm all for paramedics refusing to treat drug overdoses. To qualify this statement: It means aggressive 20-something years olds trying to fight cops in Surfers Paradise and teens at festivals taking pills for the vibes.

Edited
8 Years Ago by BETHFC
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Finally Queensland's ridiculous show trial is over, thankfully the right decision was made and Gable Tostee is a free man. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Roar_Brisbane - 20 Oct 2016 4:46 PM
Finally Queensland's ridiculous show trial is over, thankfully the right decision was made and Gable Tostee is a free man. 

So controversial. It's amusing though, every single mother and feminist on my facey was disgusted by the decision. Everyone else seemed to agree that the was nothing conclusive to convict him of murder.

Looking at media outlet facey posts on it, it appears that too many people wanted him to be found guilty because he was a pig of a man. Pig or not, it doesn't make him a murderer.

Whilst locking her on the balcony was a stupid and irresponsible idea, who would have though she would make the decision to jump off whilst drunk? The benefit of hindsight allows us to reflect on better choices he might have made. But if she wasn't a psycho with no ability to handle her drink, we'd probably never have heard of either of them.

Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
BETHFC - 21 Oct 2016 10:05 AM

So controversial. It's amusing though, every single mother and feminist on my facey was disgusted by the decision. Everyone else seemed to agree that the was nothing conclusive to convict him of murder.

Looking at media outlet facey posts on it, it appears that too many people wanted him to be found guilty because he was a pig of a man. Pig or not, it doesn't make him a murderer.

Whilst locking her on the balcony was a stupid and irresponsible idea, who would have though she would make the decision to jump off whilst drunk? The benefit of hindsight allows us to reflect on better choices he might have made. But if she wasn't a psycho with no ability to handle her drink, we'd probably never have heard of either of them.

its oh so romantic (sarcasm)

and natural selection...

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

How bout the idiot Jurer that was on Instagram during the case.

-PB

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

4) Does it matter what the drug actually was? You're still a complete retard if you buy a drug in a club and ingest it. If you're that desperate to alter your state of consciousness, you need to take a long hard look at yourself..

One of the most destructive drugs that alters your state of consciousness is bought in clubs in copious volumes each and every night of the weekend ... alcohol :)
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 21 Oct 2016 11:37 AM

-PB

Pretty self explanatory that nothing about the case should be discussed with friends / especially social media. Even commenting on such a public trial would get people talking, asking you questions and throwing their two cents in ... not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

It should never of made it to trial, can't help but imagine the response if the genders were reversed and you had a woman lock out a man on the balcony after he had been verbally abusive, hitting her, throwing rocks at her and had picked up metal clamp and had attempted to hit her with it. She'd probably be hailed as a national hero. 
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

Roar_Brisbane - 21 Oct 2016 12:55 PM

It should never of made it to trial, can't help but imagine the response if the genders were reversed and you had a woman lock out a man on the balcony after he had been verbally abusive, hitting her, throwing rocks at her and had picked up metal clamp and had attempted to hit her with it. She'd probably be hailed as a national hero. 

I think the problem was the arguments that were heard, and that there was a recording where the defendant (even if in jest) said something along the lines of "you're lucky I don't throw you off the balcony".

My only question with the who case was if he managed to get her out on the balcony, why couldn't he get her out of the door??

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Yes but you know how things work in this country.

I'm surprised how much traction this case got before the recordings police had came out. They completely changed the case.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

sokorny - 21 Oct 2016 1:41 PM

I think the problem was the arguments that were heard, and that there was a recording where the defendant (even if in jest) said something along the lines of "you're lucky I don't throw you off the balcony".

My only question with the who case was if he managed to get her out on the balcony, why couldn't he get her out of the door??

As I said further up, hindsight is a beautiful thing......

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

sokorny - 21 Oct 2016 12:12 PM

One of the most destructive drugs that alters your state of consciousness is bought in clubs in copious volumes each and every night of the weekend ... alcohol :)

It's less addictive than crack.

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

sokorny - 21 Oct 2016 1:41 PM

He's actually answered that a long time ago. 
The struggle took place about 2-3 metres away from the rear glass doors that lead to my balcony. My front door was about 10m away, and has an automatic closer and lock which I would have had to flick then hold open while trying to force her out. This would have been much more difficult and wasn't really an option. Putting her outdoors would have meant I could separate her from me and keep an eye on her through the glass doors until she either calmed down or I called someone like security or police to take her away. Never in my wildest imagination did I expect what happened next.]

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165463311

Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

paulbagzFC - 21 Oct 2016 11:37 AM

-PB

I was following on twitter in which she was identified, just your typical attention seeking woman. I wasn't surprised though given how long the deliberations went and the ridiculous questions the jury were asking the judge - it was obvious you had some emotional/biased jury members.  
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

11.mvfc.11 - 20 Oct 2016 10:46 PM
Legalise weed and molly and the world will be a better place.

No thanks to heroin, coke, meth, etc.

^^^^^^
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

seriously? i would have thought you would adopt the leftist angle wishing for the conviction of a misogynist, privileged white male! :blink:
World Class

Even some family members who are normally up in arms about misogyny etc said "yeah fair enough" when looking at the verdict of the case. Justice was served, just thankfully that bloke had recorded the whole incident or else he'd probably be in prison. 
luuckee
luuckee
Fan
Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)Fan (74 reputation)

Aikhme - 22 Oct 2016 12:34 PM

seriously? i would have thought you would adopt the leftist angle wishing for the conviction of a misogynist, privileged white male! :blink:

seriously? I would have thought you would ignore the topic and write something about greece. :doze:
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

luuckee - 22 Oct 2016 1:47 PM
Aikhme - 22 Oct 2016 12:34 PM

seriously? I would have thought you would ignore the topic and write something about greece. :doze:

Seriously? Greece doesn't have a complex like Australia does, hence a lot more less interesting. 
Aljay
Aljay
Pro

A bus driver has been SET ON FIRE while driving passengers in Brisbane .. WTF
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Aljay - 28 Oct 2016 12:30 PM
A bus driver has been SET ON FIRE while driving passengers in Brisbane .. WTF

The person who did this surely must be executed.

So sick of this sort of shit.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

BETHFC - 28 Oct 2016 1:07 PM
Aljay - 28 Oct 2016 12:30 PM

The person who did this surely must be executed.

So sick of this sort of shit.

It was in Moorooka, Bus driver was only 29 as well, a 48 year old man is in custody with no alleged motive for the sickening act. 

Edited
8 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

MrBrisbane - 28 Oct 2016 1:33 PM
BETHFC - 28 Oct 2016 1:07 PM

It was in Moorooka, Bus driver was only 29 as well, a 48 year old man is in custody with no alleged motive for the sickening act. 

Lawyer has already brought up 'mental health' as an excuse.

Fucking so sick of lawyers trotting this shit out. Life behind bars with no parole. You cannot rehabilitate these fucks.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

11.mvfc.11 - 31 Oct 2016 1:10 PM
BETHFC - 31 Oct 2016 9:42 AM

Yet another victim of our pharmaceutical state. Needed support and guidance when he asked for it dramatically in 2011, instead he was doped up and turned into a time bomb by the government for a quick buck.

It's another piss weak excuse for someones shit actions as a human being. Why couldn't he just set himself on fire rather than causing suffering to an entirely innocent family?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search