Mods - spam in cricket section

Mods - spam in cricket section

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Rather than PM an individual mod, this is a general notice for whichever mod is  active on forum.

Can you remove the 'love life suggestion spam' in the  cricket section, please?

Thanks.

One of the good things we've secured with the change to Inside Sport is our own Cricket Section, rather than posting in Extra Time in one thread. Inside Sport are also posting articles from the main website to the  forum like 442Bot. This is good.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

There are still about 10 spam threads in the Cricket Section mods.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I've removed them. In the future use the report button (SPAM is one of the reasons to report), all mods will be notified and we'll clean it up pretty quickly.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

mcjules - 9 Nov 2016 7:27 PM
I've removed them. In the future use the report button (SPAM is one of the reasons to report), all mods will be notified and we'll clean it up pretty quickly.

Ta.

I've just done it for one new spam thread in the Cricket section.

Are  all the other new adjoining threads in the Cricket section seen by the mods when this one spam thread  is deleted?

Or does one have to report each individual spam thread?
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Decentric - 11 Nov 2016 10:10 AM
mcjules - 9 Nov 2016 7:27 PM

Ta.

I've just done it for one new spam thread in the Cricket section.

Are  all the other new adjoining threads in the Cricket section seen by the mods when this one spam thread  is deleted?

Or does one have to report each individual spam thread?

Thanks. Got it and cleaned it up. I generally go back to the thread listing on the page to see if there are others so if they are all on the same page, just one is enough.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

mcjules - 11 Nov 2016 10:55 AM
Decentric - 11 Nov 2016 10:10 AM

Thanks. Got it and cleaned it up. I generally go back to the thread listing on the page to see if there are others so if they are all on the same page, just one is enough.

Thanks.

There is a new spam thread there where I cannot find the report button.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I've just sent one note to mods to clean up one specific thread, but almost the entire cricket section has been spammed in the last few days.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Decentric - 18 Jan 2017 9:22 AM
I've just sent one note to mods to clean up one specific thread, but almost the entire cricket section has been spammed in the last few days.

Thanks for the report. I've cleaned it up.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

mcjules - 18 Jan 2017 9:30 AM
Decentric - 18 Jan 2017 9:22 AM

Thanks for the report. I've cleaned it up.

Thanks.

We are trying to set up a viable cricket section on the forum.

I've just read 11.MVFC.11 has been banned. He was a good contributor and a coach at rep level in cricket. He has been missed.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Decentric - 18 Jan 2017 9:39 AM
I've just read 11.MVFC.11 has been banned. He was a good contributor and a coach at rep level in cricket. He has been missed.

It's a shame that his interests outside of cricket led to him being deleted. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

pv4 - 18 Jan 2017 9:52 AM
Decentric - 18 Jan 2017 9:39 AM

It's a shame that his interests outside of cricket led to him being deleted. 

I have no idea what he did elsewhere on the forum, but he was a genuine poster in cricket.

He made some insightful comments.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Decentric - 18 Jan 2017 6:20 PM
pv4 - 18 Jan 2017 9:52 AM

I have no idea what he did elsewhere on the forum, but he was a genuine poster in cricket.

He made some insightful comments.

Let's just say never go head to head with KA.. :lol:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search