Carrusca's Poor Form

Carrusca's Poor Form

Author
Totally_Red
Hacker
Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
What's happen to Carrusca. AUFC has been so reliant on Carrusca that now that he is playing poorly the team is suffering badly. By no means is Carrusca the only player this year playing poorly but he is one of the senior players you would hope would motivate players around him. Instead Carrusca seems to be playing with no interest or motivation. It really seems like he has had enough.
The body language from coach to players is very negative. Even Amor looks to have no answers and has seemed to have excepted the position AUFC is in. It is obvious that the current team is not good enough. We have had some poor signings this year and I would base this on the club trying to save money. I know the club has released a statement stating that we have used 100% of our cap but if this was to be true then we need sack some of our backroom staff. How can SFC still have room in their cap with the team they have, or even Melb Victory, Melbourne City etc.
I believe Amor to be a great coach. Last years team was not full of champions but players that fought hard for each other. Carrusca shined because others carried some of the load for him and he was allowed to be creative. This year Carrusca needs to put in effort because the others can't even do their own job.

As a AUFC supporter I really don't know if I want Carrusca to stay or be released. He has been a great player for AUFC but that is the problem; "was a great player".

Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

It is more than just carrusca... the whole team is flat as a maccas pancake in the drive through....
why has a well orchestrated team become so  disjointed ??
are the players not playing for the team ? are they upset that the players who came in are not as good as the ones who left ?

Totally agree about the board, they have to shoulder some responsibility here... letting go of so many good players and their replacement were either overpriced ( salary wise ) or let go from other teams...
How can we have 100% salary cap , where teams like Sydney can still bring in reinforcements during the January transfer window..

My suspicion is the board are running the club so lean, with the aim to sell it off 

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Nachoman - 21 Jan 2017 5:12 PM
It is more than just carrusca... the whole team is flat as a maccas pancake in the drive through....
why has a well orchestrated team become so  disjointed ??
are the players not playing for the team ? are they upset that the players who came in are not as good as the ones who left ?

Totally agree about the board, they have to shoulder some responsibility here... letting go of so many good players and their replacement were either overpriced ( salary wise ) or let go from other teams...
How can we have 100% salary cap , where teams like Sydney can still bring in reinforcements during the January transfer window..

My suspicion is the board are running the club so lean, with the aim to sell it off 

Most of the questions there I have as well. However your suspicion doesn't make any sense to me.

I will propose one thing. Sydney had a shit season last year and they had a good 6 month head start planning their squad. Much easier to be proactive than reactive which is usually what happens to a team that's successful.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

mcjules - 21 Jan 2017 5:37 PM
Nachoman - 21 Jan 2017 5:12 PM

Most of the questions there I have as well. However your suspicion doesn't make any sense to me.

I will propose one thing. Sydney had a shit season last year and they had a good 6 month head start planning their squad. Much easier to be proactive than reactive which is usually what happens to a team that's successful.

Jules ,,, ive heard from a couple of people over the past couple of years , that the board have canvased ideas , strategies etc to sell the club to an overseas entity...

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Nachoman - 21 Jan 2017 5:55 PM
mcjules - 21 Jan 2017 5:37 PM

Jules ,,, ive heard from a couple of people over the past couple of years , that the board have canvased ideas , strategies etc to sell the club to an overseas entity...

I've heard similar things from credible people. I'll also agree they run the backroom on a shoestring budget.

However, the suggestion you're making is that they're running it in an FFA-Style caretaker mode which doesn't ring true.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Edited
7 Years Ago by mcjules
killua
killua
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

With most clubs in a salary capped league, it is harder to keep and pay players that have won the league/premiership.

The players can command a higher price and may have even received bonuses that impact on the cap, depending on how their contracts are set up and incentivised.

It shouldn't be too difficult to believe Adelaide have maxed out their cap
Totally_Red
Totally_Red
Hacker
Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)

But how long should a coach persist with players based on their previous years performance. For a lot of players performance can drop off suddenly and not gradually. Once injuries, fatigue/fitness etc becomes troublesome and with age keeps rearing it's head more often than not a player is less likely to risk movements and performances in case of a re-occurrence. In Carrusca's case there is so much missing from his game now. I don't think he will ever be the player he was. Same happen with Cassio. An Adelaide favorite who I still thank and love for his service to Adelaide.

redcup
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Can't see Carrusca re-newing. He has his academy, is mates with Cassio, Isais and Cirio and I heard he'd bought a hoouse here and doesn't his brother play for an NPL team?
He seems happy enough and like Cassio seems to like teaching kids. 
Maybe he's had enough of being tackled studs up?
Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Age catches up with players, it has this season with Carrusca. It looked bad for him at times last season but he finished strongly. I cannot see it turning around again. This must be his last season and I think it is time to limit his playing time. Perhaps off the bench a bit but O'Doherty and McGree need to be starting to help their development and they are not playing any worse than him anyway. 

Totally_Red
Totally_Red
Hacker

Gruen - 22 Jan 2017 4:42 PM
Age catches up with players, it has this season with Carrusca. It looked bad for him at times last season but he finished strongly. I cannot see it turning around again. This must be his last season and I think it is time to limit his playing time. Perhaps off the bench a bit but O'Doherty and McGree need to be starting to help their development and they are not playing any worse than him anyway. 

Totally agree, since Carrusca is playing poorly we might as well get some benefit out of this season and develop some youngsters.

De-Jong
De-Jong
Super Fan
Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)

George Mells now fit and health concerns are all clear, should come into selection. Terrible run and should never have played against CCM third round. Ended up in hospital.

Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

De-Jong - 22 Jan 2017 7:31 PM
George Mells now fit and health concerns are all clear, should come into selection. Terrible run and should never have played against CCM third round. Ended up in hospital.

I feel he has fallen behind O'Doherty and McGree, fairly, or unfairly, and will struggle to get much game time for the rest of the season. Then he will probably leave the club at the end of his contract.
De-Jong
De-Jong
Super Fan
Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)Super Fan (150 reputation)

You could be right we will see next week, also not forgetting he was part of the championship-side. Do you discard he's 25 appearances at 18 years of age
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Careusca was injured for a long period this season, something like the first 8 games I think. Can't overlook that he is coming back from a long lay off and still building his sharpness.
De-Jong
De-Jong
Super Fan

Could be right but I think his body has given up.
Totally_Red
Totally_Red
Hacker

Aljay - 22 Jan 2017 8:18 PM
Careusca was injured for a long period this season, something like the first 8 games I think. Can't overlook that he is coming back from a long lay off and still building his sharpness.

This is the issue though. Too injury prone. If we can use him off the bench and ger a good 30 minutes out of him I would be happy. He is very far off fom been a 90 minute player again.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search