Things That Make You Laugh...

Things That Make You Laugh...

Author
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
In the similar vein to the WGMG and WFYB threads, this one is devoted to the things/ people that make you laugh- for whatever reason.

I'll get this thread rolling with two:

1) Anybody who uses the terms 'mansplaining' or 'whitesplaining' in an argument, and then wonders why they're not taken seriously...

2) A guy I've known for years, who is your stereotypical new-atheist. Treats 'The God Delusion' like it's gospel, thinks he is smarter and more enlightened than billions of delusional people he's never met (and never will meet), leaps to hasty conclusions about anybody who disagrees with his views and....

......thinks that the Russians hacked the U.S election in favour of Trump and that I'm "either being paid in rubles or a fucking moron" for dismissing the idea as nonsense being peddled by the wounded MSM and the #notmypresident# brigade.

:laugh:

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
7 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 17 Feb 2017 3:19 PM
In the similar vein to the WGMG and WFYB threads, this one is devoted to the things/ people that make you laugh- for whatever reason.

I'll get this thread rolling with two:

1) Anybody who uses the terms 'mansplaining' or 'whitesplaining' in an argument, and then wonders why they're not taken seriously...

2) A guy I've known for years, who is your stereotypical new-atheist. Treats 'The God Delusion' like it's gospel, thinks he is smarter and more enlightened than billions of delusional people he's never met (and never will meet), leaps to hasty conclusions about anybody who disagrees with his views and....

......thinks that the Russians hacked the U.S election in favour of Trump and that I'm "either being paid in rubles or a fucking moron" for dismissing the idea as nonsense being peddled by the wounded MSM and the #notmypresident# brigade.

:laugh:

WMML:

1) People who put religious opinions in public and then get upset and demand their beliefs be respected if others disagree.

2) People who are not qualified in a job but like to tell people who are how to do said job because they have done whatever it is they are doing terribly for how ever many decades. Said people usually crack the shits if asked if they would like to take responsibility for their own work in a court of law rather than paying for and then complaining about someone who is qualified.

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

WMML: People who virtue signal on social media or on internet forums like this one. Seriously, how neurotic, lacking in original opinions and desperate for approval must a person be for them to feel such an urge to express the "correct" view on something in order to have (often) complete strangers think more highly of them?

WMML: The angry, flaming-torch brigade who come out in force on the comments sections of Fb pages and news sites whenever a rapist or paedophile is charged, demanding all sorts of torture be carried out upon the accused and berating anybody who suggests any less. If these people did even half of what they're demanding be done to the accused, they'd faint!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
7 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
WMML: People who think posting criticism about mansplaining, virtue signalling and other lame terms is somehow original opinion.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

mcjules - 22 Feb 2017 11:31 PM
WMML: People who think posting criticism about mansplaining, virtue signalling and other lame terms is somehow original opinion.

Plenty of lame terms out there that's for sure.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

WMML #1:

'Morons' who despite evidence, by not 1 but by 3 intelligence agencies, dismiss the fact that the Russians tried to influence the US elections (by hacking and other means) in favour of Trump.

WMML #2:

Anyone, and there's a few here, who are 100% certain, no shades of grey, never in doubt, 100% correct, 100% of the time.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 23 Feb 2017 10:08 AM
WMML #1:

'Morons' who despite evidence, by not 1 but by 3 intelligence agencies, dismiss the fact that the Russians tried to influence the US elections (by hacking and other means) in favour of Trump.

But it's Hillary Clinton with sour grapes leaning on the intelligence agencies brah, Trump is going to make everything better :laugh: (this is clearly sarcasm)

chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

WMML: People using their anecdotal evidence from 30-40 years ago to support their agenda. 
e.g.  Me having a whinge about the traffic driving from south of Sydney to the Hills District taking 2+ hours each way. Up pipes the old fellow who used to drive half the distance each day many a year ago and it "wasn't that bad".
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Wmml : those who say back in my day intrest rates were 17% and we bought  our ho,e im the sticks. 
Those same people are the same ones who say kids have it easier today
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Feb 2017 12:21 PM
Wmml : those who say back in my day intrest rates were 17% and we bought  our ho,e im the sticks. 
Those same people are the same ones who say kids have it easier today

WMML: 17 year old kids writing the same things in opinion pieces in major tabloids

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

mcjules - 26 Feb 2017 1:53 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Feb 2017 12:21 PM

WMML: 17 year old kids writing the same things in opinion pieces in major tabloids

That makes me laugh. He has no idea what it was like back  In those days .  
Wmml :  news Corp saying a poem of banjo Patterson is on his collar on the new $10 note .  If they checked it properly it was a joke and it was acutally Rick Astley 😀😊😊
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

WMML- people under 30 who think they've got a better, more informed idea of how the world actually works than Baby Boomers.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Captain Haddock - 26 Feb 2017 10:02 PM
WMML- people under 30 who think they've got a better, more informed idea of how the world actually works than Baby Boomers.

Baby boomers don't have a better understanding on how the world works . The generation before boomers have a better understanding about the world.  
Wmml: this whole baby boomer/ gen you gap. Did we forget there's a generation after boomers and that's gen x . Every generation  believes the next generation  is slack ass drug takers .
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Feb 2017 10:46 PM
Captain Haddock - 26 Feb 2017 10:02 PM

Baby boomers don't have a better understanding on how the world works . The generation before boomers have a better understanding about the world.  
Wmml: this whole baby boomer/ gen you gap. Did we forget there's a generation after boomers and that's gen x . Every generation  believes the next generation  is slack ass drug takers .

Has been going on since the dawn of time.  People don't seem to realise this. hurr durr, "teenagers these days show no respect".  "Back when i was a kid it wasn't like this" etc etc.
No, you're generation was the same, your parents just didn't have forums like this to bitch on all day long.
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Scotch&Coke - 27 Feb 2017 9:39 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Feb 2017 10:46 PM

Has been going on since the dawn of time.  People don't seem to realise this. hurr durr, "teenagers these days show no respect".  "Back when i was a kid it wasn't like this" etc etc.
No, you're generation was the same, your parents just didn't have forums like this to bitch on all day long.

Here is a lovely site full of quotes about the younger generations through history.  http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

Whither are the manly vigor and athletic appearance of our forefathers flown? Can these be their legitimate heirs? Surely, no; a race of effeminate, self-admiring, emaciated fribbles can never have descended in a direct line from the heroes of Potiers and Agincourt...

From 1624
Youth were never more sawcie, yea never more savagely saucie . . . the ancient are scorned, the honourable are contemned, the magistrate is not dreaded.

Where have i heard this before?
Edited
7 Years Ago by Scotch&Coke
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Scotch&Coke - 27 Feb 2017 9:46 AM
Scotch&Coke - 27 Feb 2017 9:39 AM

Here is a lovely site full of quotes about the younger generations through history.  http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

Whither are the manly vigor and athletic appearance of our forefathers flown? Can these be their legitimate heirs? Surely, no; a race of effeminate, self-admiring, emaciated fribbles can never have descended in a direct line from the heroes of Potiers and Agincourt...

From 1624
Youth were never more sawcie, yea never more savagely saucie . . . the ancient are scorned, the honourable are contemned, the magistrate is not dreaded.

Where have i heard this before?

I wonder. 😂 its the same old same old. Its funny how the boomers tend to focus on gen y  but forgey they rasied gen xers  who they  said can be anything , to travel the world etc etc . Every  generation os the same. 
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

WMML: People being surprised that I charge a fee to set up an investment portfolio. The best lines I get are:
 - Shouldn't I pay you only if a make a profit?
 - You get paid a salary, why do I have to pay you too?
 - Shouldn't the companies you recommend pay you?
 And my all time favourite:
 - I'm giving YOU my money. Why do you need to take a fee?
5 or 6 years ago, this would probably be in the 'What Grinds My Gears' thread but now, I understand the rational used from the clients perspective (with exception to the last one).

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

WMML: Seeing coal power fluff pieces on the half time breaks on Fox Sports.

-PB

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

paulbagzFC - 28 Feb 2017 11:28 PM
WMML: Seeing coal power fluff pieces on the half time breaks on Fox Sports.

-PB

Yeah I cringed so hard. Saw them during my usual leftie viewing on SBS as well the other night :laugh:

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

mcjules - 28 Feb 2017 11:49 PM
paulbagzFC - 28 Feb 2017 11:28 PM

Yeah I cringed so hard. Saw them during my usual leftie viewing on SBS as well the other night :laugh:

I was honestly shocked/laughing when I realised about halfway through what it was about.

At first I thought it was some kind of empowering women getting jobs and being employed in STEM fields type thing and then it goes on about the efficiencies of coal...

Far out lol

-PB

Glenn - A-league Mad
Glenn - A-league Mad
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

WMML:

When a new thread is made that seems to be identical to WGMG.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Glenn - A-league Mad - 1 Mar 2017 1:18 PM
WMML:

When a new thread is made that seems to be identical to WGMG.

It's different

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

vanlassen - 27 Feb 2017 12:22 PM
WMML: People being surprised that I charge a fee to set up an investment portfolio. The best lines I get are:
 - Shouldn't I pay you only if a make a profit?
 - You get paid a salary, why do I have to pay you too?
 - Shouldn't the companies you recommend pay you?
 And my all time favourite:
 - I'm giving YOU my money. Why do you need to take a fee?
5 or 6 years ago, this would probably be in the 'What Grinds My Gears' thread but now, I understand the rational used from the clients perspective (with exception to the last one).

Ahhh yes,

People who expect the whole world delivered to them on a platter for bargain-basement prices...

And I'm not a boomer myself, but...the amount of online "news" sites these days catering to Gen Y/ Millenials has definitely contributed to the number of "enlightened" ones with a ridiculous sense of entitlement, convinced that everybody should shut up and listen to them because their echo chamber tells them so. I'm beginning to understand why so many old people are grumpy, and I never thought I would...

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 10 Mar 2017 1:39 PM
vanlassen - 27 Feb 2017 12:22 PM

Ahhh yes,

People who expect the whole world delivered to them on a platter for bargain-basement prices...

And I'm not a boomer myself, but...the amount of online "news" sites these days catering to Gen Y/ Millenials has definitely contributed to the number of "enlightened" ones with a ridiculous sense of entitlement, convinced that everybody should shut up and listen to them because their echo chamber tells them so. I'm beginning to understand why so many old people are grumpy, and I never thought I would...

*sigh* it's so true, isn't it?  These sites have a such a tone of 'we're the best ever and deserve absolutely everything.' This is my generation, too.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search