Forumers Football

Forumers Football

Author
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The old thread seems to have disappeared so here is a new one. Anyone playing again this year?

My team lost our goalkeeper and a back in the offseason. Attempts by me to sign decent attacking players with the two open spots were outvoted by the team in favour of yet another pair of defenders to go with the 11 others we have in our squad of 16 and we are trying to convince one of our number to go permanently into goals.
The players I tried to sign went to teams that are in our competition so we will see if mistakes were ultimately made. The other three more natural attacking players and I seem to be in much better form than last year at training so far hopefully that translates into more goals than last year.

Trials are being a pain again. We've had about 6 organised that fell through for various reasons. 2 were cancelled because we found more appropriate opponents only for the new opponent to cancel on us.

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

The old thread went missing because 11.mvfc and all his posts were deleted.

E

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 6 Mar 2017 10:11 PM
The old thread went missing because 11.mvfc and all his posts were deleted.

RIP

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Shame the old thread went MIA.
Yes mate I'm going around again at my ripe ol age.
Having done the double last season us ol buggers will be in 45/1's.
We've lost 2 main players in the off season, our quality DM due to groin injury during 6aside summer comp and our quality no10 is just too busy to committing this season.
We've recruited maybe 2 - 3players that 1 is a sound squady over all good pick up and the other just may be good enough to replace the DM I mentioned.
The 3rd is yet to commit I hear who also could fill the no10 role.
IF the above goes to plan we will have pretty much same winning squad but the divide from Div2 to 1 at the pecking order is quite large.
The leading club has won the comp in a canter for some 4 odd seasons, a core that has played together since Rep days and its their goal having a Champions of Champions boys road trips - I don't blame them nothing like enjoying your football and winning but for us opponents its quite lob sided vsing them.
So, regardless of this I hope were competitive and avoid injuries being an old bloke - thats a win in itself.

Love Football

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Making my 4th come back or so in 10 years. Lasted about 2-3 weeks of preseason niggling every muscle in my bad leg till my knee went all swollen (never saw to a knee injury from 3 years ago - idiot) and have a super weird sharp pain in my calf when i press it. Yeah I am confused what the hell is going on too. Always had chronic groin and hamstring injuries from about 25 years old (I'm 35 now. Ugh). Starting to think my hips are off kilter or something.

Heading out to training tonight to see if I can ease back into it sensibly. Can do straight line running till the cows come home but as soon as I play soccer again every muscle in my left leg shits itself. Groin, hamstring and calf + knee issues. It's FUCKING depressing as I miss playing so much even if its just reserves for collegiate league these days.

I am way too lazy for physio though. Such a predicament.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Mate, I suggest you change that lazy view and get into physio regularly by the sound of it.
Way too young to not have duty of care especially if you miss playing so much.
Those who are prone to injury at least physio can provide insight and repair as you would know - do it.
I've been very fortunate not suffering injuries as some but at my later years visiting the physio is the only way I get back on the park sooner rather than later.

Love Football

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

+1

Physios do wonders and they will be able to help you with what is causing you all that grief.

I've been going to the gym a lot for Cardio and Weights but recently I had a lower back problem I never had before. Solution - increase core strength but the Physio fixed me up with ultrasounds and strapping my back with tape.

Then I had a swollen ankle tendon which was also treated by the Physio and fixed.

I never thought these types of things would happen to me when I was younger. But age catches up with us all. At 35 though, you will need to see a Physio to avoid bigger problems down the track. Do it.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Moved clubs after 7 years at my old club, bit of a change but enjoying it. Only played one game and we won 3-0, higher division than last year (and my team finished bottom last year) so it is a bit of a test but started first game. Just need to work on my fitness.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Good luck milan.
I hardly had much change over my playing years but I can imagine the feeling, new season,new squad, 3nil start up win so far so good.

Love Football

chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Bye in round 1. Annoyed. 11 of the 16 competitions have byes in them. Surely they could have shifted one team up or down from each competition so that they ended up with 15 competitions and only one bye. I'd much rather play in a grade that's maybe a bit too high for us every week than have a bye in a competition that we are one of the better sides.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search