The Practice Relegation Battle Thread

The Practice Relegation Battle Thread

Author
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Buggalugs 2.0 - 7 Feb 2018 11:48 AM
aufc_ole - 6 Feb 2018 6:05 PM

Good choice, never a dull moment 

Sunderland delivers, even when Bristol scored 5 of them

Bristanbul

A team in the Championship play-offs leads 3-0 at home to a side in the bottom three after 37 minutes - it's going to end up a cricket score, isn't it?

When Famara Diedhiou scored Bristol City's third, it prompted many of the travelling Black Cats fans to start their long journey north at half-time - even Sunderland themselves said they "couldn't blame them", in a tweet that was later deleted.

However, three goals in the last 20 minutes, the last of which a 92nd minute Marlon Pack own goal, saw the game finish 3-3. 

The comeback is already being coined 'Bristanbul', in reference to Liverpool's famous Champions League turnaround against AC Milan in 2005.

"I have to hold my hands up and say tactically I got it wrong in the second half. I should've settled for 3-0," City head coach Lee Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol.

"I probably got a bit excited and felt that they were there for the taking. We had chances but we crumbled and I should've given the lads a bit more help."

Johnson's opposite number Chris Coleman summed up the madness of a memorable ending perfectly.

"We were complaining to the fourth official that there should've been more time added on, and when we scored we were telling him to blow the whistle - that's football," the Welshman said.

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Bolton have their catchup game tonight so can pull clear with a win

But it's away to 4th place Cardiff, so a 3-0 loss will see them drop a place

Birmingham and Barnsley still available ...............

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

Edited
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Buggalugs 2.0 - 13 Feb 2018 1:46 PM
Bolton have their catchup game tonight so can pull clear with a win

But it's away to 4th place Cardiff, so a 3-0 loss will see them drop a place

2-0 so Goals Scored the difference

noticed this comment in the match thread, spooky

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

I haven't been to extra time for months!!!!

I'll go Wolfsburg again in the Bundesliga and I'll take Barnsley in the Championship.
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

That Sunderland Bristol game on the weekend. I unintentionally dozed off at half time thinking Bristol would romp it in, couldn't believe when I checked the score..
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Hey burgalurgs

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

bigpoppa - 15 Feb 2018 12:41 PM
Hey burgalurgs

funny old game innit

http://s3.amazonaws.com/liberalamerica/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/anigif_enhanced-4276-1396997562-7.gif

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I know we aren't doing it yet, but here is a "probability" calculation done for the EPL relegation battle (by BBC):

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

sokorny - 15 Feb 2018 2:22 PM
I know we aren't doing it yet, 

Was just a suggestion to let things shake out a bit.  Still tight as a duck's arse there at the moment

If you want to run the EPL one, start whenever you like.

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Hull (Sokorney) were due to play Barnsley (bigpoppa) in a juicy 6-pointer

It's been put back to the 27th because Hull are in the last 16 of the FA Cup this weekend.

Forest are ripe for the taking by Burton I reckon............. no pressure 

Edited
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

QPR v Bolton on Bein Sunday morning 0155hrs
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Buggalugs 2.0 - 16 Feb 2018 11:58 AM
Forest are ripe for the taking by Burton I reckon............. no pressure 

Burton were a man up for an Hour but still couldn't get a goal

Image result for frustrated animated gif

No-one else got a point so I'll have to be content

LOL, Birmingham lost less badly so managed to leapfrog Bolton.

Edited
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

MIDWEEK MAYHEM AHEAD !

• Barnsley have won just one of their past 16 Championship matches (D6 L9), beating Sunderland on New Year's Day.
  • The Brewers have faced Barnsley five times in the Football League without winning, more than any other opponent they've faced without picking up a victory.
  • Chris Coleman has lost each of his last four visits to the Macron Stadium, only picking up one win there during his managerial career - a 2-0 win for Fulham on the final day of the 2003/04 Premier League season.
  • Sunderland and Bolton have never shared two league draws within the same season, despite facing in 66 previous league seasons stretching back to 1890/91.

Edited
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Image result for Jose MoraisImage result for Jose Morais real madridImage result for Jose Morais inter milan
New Barnsley boss Jose Morais has said he is "more than a coach" after signing an 18-month deal at Oakwell.

Morais, who worked under Jose Mourinho as a coach at Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid, was named as Paul Heckingbottom's successor on Friday.

"My way to live is challenging myself and challenging others to achieve what people think is possible and much more," he told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"That's why I decided Barnsley, because they are in a situation where I think the team needs help, the team needs to improve, the team needs to make things better."

"I would say that I am more than a coach, I am a leader," he said.

"I'm a coach with vision about not only a way to play, but a way to live and a way to believe and a way to make things greater, bigger, better. That's the coach I am."

Barnsley are 22nd in the Championship table, one point adrift of safety.

I'm wondering if he has ever been to Barnsley

Barnsley, Property guide and review

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

bigpoppa - 15 Feb 2018 12:30 PM
I haven't been to extra time for months!!!! I'll go Wolfsburg again in the Bundesliga and I'll take Barnsley in the Championship.

bigpoppa going through managers like a dodgy Curry

Edited
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

You  little Rippers

Burton Win ,
  "Perhaps they were a little shocked at how well we played in the first 15 minutes. That's as good as we've played for a long, long time."

4 of the other bottom 5 lose

Edited
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 21 Feb 2018 3:31 PM
You  little Rippers

Burton Win ,
  "Perhaps they were a little shocked at how well we played in the first 15 minutes. That's as good as we've played for a long, long time."

4 of the other bottom 5 lose

Wow Sunderland were in the EPL last season (well if you could count their effort last season as "in"). What's happened to them?? Usually money troubles only sees a team drop that quick that fast.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

How would Irvine feel if Burton push Hull into relegation??? Left Burton thinking there would be greener pastures at Hull ...
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

sokorny - 22 Feb 2018 11:41 AM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 21 Feb 2018 3:31 PM

Wow Sunderland were in the EPL last season (well if you could count their effort last season as "in"). What's happened to them?? Usually money troubles only sees a team drop that quick that fast.

The 'Short' story

Not so short
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43157628

Still in the top 100 clubs in the world  (according to this list)

It comes after manager Chris Coleman revealed he has never spoken to Short since taking charge - three months ago.

"Again, I have never spoke with the chairman. I have been here three months. I have never had a conversation with the chairman," said Coleman.

Edited
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

This weekend

Anyone want Birmingham or Reading ?

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Buggalugs 2.0 - 20 Feb 2018 2:32 PM
bigpoppa - 15 Feb 2018 12:30 PM

bigpoppa going through managers like a dodgy Curry

Wigan finished last season with a new coach when I had them last season...
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Come on Barnsley, come on Barnsley, come on Barnsley
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

96th minute equaliser for Sunderland in the Derby keeping them in touch

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

bigpoppa - 25 Feb 2018 5:01 PM
Come on Barnsley, come on Barnsley, come on Barnsley

Rescheduled catch up game tonight !

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Buggalugs 2.0 - 27 Feb 2018 11:08 AM

Not on beinsports :(
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

So no change , but now everyone has 12 games left

sokorny
sokorny
Pro

Buggalugs 2.0 - 28 Feb 2018 11:14 AM

Maybe I should have backed Birmingham again this year to keep the derby with Villa going ... but looks like Villa are on the way up, and if not then it looks like West Brom on the way down so could have a derby perhaps without them??

The GD for the bottom three is pretty horrendous (Bolton are up there too but got more points on the board).

Carn Hull!! Slowly crawling themselves kicking and screaming out of the bottom three ...
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

'The Chase' begins..
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

bigpoppa - 1 Mar 2018 2:18 PM

'The Chase' begins..

Nigel Clough says he hopes other teams think Burton Albion have no chance of surviving relegation to League One - and he wants his side to make sure they surprise their rivals all over again.

The Brewers sit second from bottom and three points adrift of safety after 34 games.

Despite that position, Clough is hopeful they can pull off a few shocks against some of the Championship's top sides in the coming weeks.

Albions next six opponents are all currently in the top half of the second-tier table and chasing promotion into the Premier League.

Image result for nervous animated gif

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXNvmYsWAAA3_H3.jpg

No chasing, too slippery

Image result for sheffield united

Apparantly the undersoil heating has been on for a week

Edited
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search