Cheaper to vacation overseas

Cheaper to vacation overseas

Author
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I just find it very odd, that many people can't afford to travel around Australia due to the high costs of accommodation.

And that it is much cheaper to travel overseas most of the time.

That's a clearer picture of what is happening to Australia slowly.  

It's much cheaper and easier to just go overseas with everything - manufacturing, tourism, etc

We will end up with a rust belt too. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Yep.

We go away every Christmas for a week and we spend roughly double what we did when we travelled to europe, whether it be accomodation, food, alcohol, souvenirs or experiences. (All asst relatively the same quality)

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Its been this case for years and years not recently.
My stupid niece decides I'm wanting to get married in Port Douglas.
Oh to avoid a large wedding back home in Sydney.
My silly sister agreeing to it !
My bitch, 3 kids, luckily eldest couldn't attend and taking the time off work so down to wife 2 other siblings.
Youngest 11yrs no child discount.
4days 3 nights, incl accom airfares $5k.
I don't fly jetstar/tiger feck them, Qantas.
Point is - going OS has always been the better option.

Love Football

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

PD is expensive as fuck though thanks to 5 star resorts and Hollywood wankers going there all the time.

Plenty of other places that are just as nice in NQ etc that are far cheaper lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/this-airline-is-selling-return-flights-from-australia-to-india-for-252-2017-3
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

PB, yer sure granted, look the place is over rated imo but having those 5stars etc helps the economy and jobs for the locals/I mean back packers but the tourist probably is exchanging USD whereas us aussies are screwed.
No doubt there are other places in NQ, I've done my bit over the years from Goldy up be it my single days to family life but the point still stands its better value travelling OS than our own country, well the std were comfortable with.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

5k for 4 days holy shit.

I keep an eye out for specials - had some pretty good discounts that way. Wish I travelled more before kids.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search