Podcasts

Podcasts

Author
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ive really been into podcasts lately. Smashing the Joe Rogan Experience. Anyone know of any other good onese especially football related ones. I listen to the DFS but i get over it really easily. 
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

thejollyvic - 29 Mar 2017 4:01 PM
Ive really been into podcasts lately. Smashing the Joe Rogan Experience. Anyone know of any other good onese especially football related ones. I listen to the DFS but i get over it really easily. 

Santo, Sam & Ed and Behind the Game are both football-related podcasts that I listen to.

The World Game also has a podcast but I struggle listening to Lucy Zelic.

Non-football podcasts I like are 'How I Built This', 'Hardcore History' (give it a chance, you'll thank me), and some of 'The Tim Ferriss Show'.

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Used to be a big fan of Bill Simmons when I was more into American sports.

He had an incredible podcast on sporting concussion with a guy who was both a doctor and a WWE wrestler.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

aussieshorter - 29 Mar 2017 5:36 PM

Santo, Sam & Ed and Behind the Game are both football-related podcasts that I listen to.

Non-football podcasts I like are 'How I Built This', 'Hardcore History' (give it a chance, you'll thank me), and some of 'The Tim Ferriss Show'.

I listened to an episode of hardcore history on the commute this morning and yes i thank you. My podcast app doesnt have all the episodes but im listening to an episode about the battle of verdun. Im fascinsted by WW1 so this is awesome thanks again man.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

Aljay - 29 Mar 2017 6:01 PM
Used to be a big fan of Bill Simmons when I was more into American sports.He had an incredible podcast on sporting concussion with a guy who was both a doctor and a WWE wrestler.

Ill give it a sus. Especially with NBA playoffs coming up thanks mate 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

My playlist for podcasts is:

Daily Football Show
Hamish and Andy
TWG
Fox Sports Football Podcasts (Australia)
Santo, Sam and Ed
Box of Neutrals (F1 podcast)

I used to previously listen to, and enjoy, the Stone Cold Steve Austin podcasts, and especially Talk is Jericho (by Chris Jericho) because its not just wrestling, he would get a few musicians and actors on every now and then.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

True Geordie Podcast exceeded my expectations, good variety of guests and mixes between football and other stuff.
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

The football ramble is my favourite football podcast. Other than ones already mentioned TEAM effort is hilarious and is hosted by Ed from Santo, Sam and Ed. Depends on your sense of humour but I love Hamish and Andy, and the sporting probe with Roy and HG is quality if you like them.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Used to love The Tuesday Club, an Arsenal podcast hosted by Alan Davies. 

Bantams Banter is a good laugh, two blokes who live commentate Bradford City games.

Non-football - get around:
- Mike And Tom Eat Snacks (MATES)
- Good Job Brain
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I don't listen to football podcasts anymore. I used to like the FourFourTwo one and several others but they seem to have stopped making them. The others that I have listened to include people on them who's opinions or voices I can't stand.

At the moment I listen to a lot of the How Stuff Works brand podcasts and BBC published science or history based podcasts.
I also listen to the Myths and Legends podcast, the guys voice annoys me but enjoy the stories he presents.

When up for some excitement I put on the Engineering Commons. Absolutely riveting listening. 

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Dan Carlin looks interesting
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Not football related but Serial season 1 was very good. 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Love it!
Discovered it only recently and have been completely addicted.
I walk to work most days and find myself walking very slowly by the end coz don't want to turn it off aha
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

outside 90's daily football show is about the best australian football podcast atm.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

inala brah - 11 Apr 2017 12:15 AM
outside 90's daily football show is about the best australian football podcast atm.

They let those they interview get away with too much. Yeah, granted, they need people to come on the show and not feel interrogated but by God the brain cells that depart when listening to some of their guests.   

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Daily Football Show is best. One gripe with them though is they always talk over the top of their guests they have on their show. 

For Instance, they will ask their guest a question and when the guest continues to answer they talk over the top of them and i'm always in my car thinking shut the fuck up and let the person speak.

Anyone else think the same?
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Thank you so much for this podcast. I am absolutely loving it. The AIrbnb one was really interesting. Cheers
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Great topic.  Will follow up on a few of these!

I listen to Welcome to Night Vale, EOFire and The 5am Miracle though the latter two have been more samey - theres only so many productivity tips and entrepreneurs to speak to

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

The joe rogan episode with Mike Baker i think that was his name. Anway hes ex CIA pretty decent topics ranging from children to war.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Absolutely obsessed with "How i Built this" Podcast.

It's a life changer...highly recommend.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

anyone got any new interesting podcasts they listen to?
pv4
pv4
Legend

A pal has just recommended The Dollop. 

I'm yet to listen but I trust his judgement that it will be outstanding. 
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

vincenzogold - 20 Jul 2017 12:14 PM
anyone got any new interesting podcasts they listen to?

I listen to heaps of football podcasts. Here are a few that most people wouldn't have heard of:
The Blizzard
3four3 FM
Box2box
By Association

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

cheers for the recommendation guys i have downloaded all of them and will give them a listen 
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Does anyone know of any football podcasts that discusses all world football not just one league?
pv4
pv4
Legend

Has anyone checked out the Championship Chronicles yet?

http://forum.insidesport.com.au/2597207/THE-CHAMPIONSHIP-CHRONICLES-10-YEARS-SINCE-THE-JERKS-WON-THE-LEAGUE

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

vincenzogold - 5 May 2017 3:58 PM
Absolutely obsessed with "How i Built this" Podcast.

It's a life changer...highly recommend.

If you like How I Built This, you might like these ones:

- Tribe of Mentors (new podcast by Tim Ferriss)
- Masters of Scale (hosted by Reid Hoffman)

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/572084
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

I generally enjoy Fox Sports Football podcasts with the former player interviews. Lots of good stories. Other topics can be hard to keep my attention. I suppose that's where I prefer infographic videos so I have a visual to really see it. Science or anything technical that's described to me is often vague in my head.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Have found some really good podcasts for my interests of late on Spotify. 

Greats with Garby: Daniel Garb interviews Australian sporting legends and goes through their life. Really interesting.

Australia on this day and Forgotten Australia: Such an effort by Michael Adams to put together all the weird, amazing, tragic and joyful stories that is Australia.

Living History with Mat MacLachlan: Insightful historical analysis of Australia's military history often on location. Battlefield walks is particularly interesting and it's spoken to the learner's level.

The Price of football: All the financial aspect of the game.

The Old Front Line: Paul Reed interviews past soldiers and walks numerous Australian battlefields.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search