Club legend Thomas Broich to leave Brisbane Roar at the end of the A-League season

Club legend Thomas Broich to leave Brisbane Roar at the end of the...

Author
elgee
Under 7s
Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Waz - 19 Apr 2017 4:12 PM
@ elgee I don't think Broich was interested in a minimum wage deal when he feels he's worth $250-$300k or more overseas. And backending a deal with a coaching job would be in breach of the salary cap - such deals need to be approved by the ffa to prevent clubs manipulating the cap. His plan two months ago were said to be retire, travel, go to Germany and get his coaches licence, come back and coach at Roar. All he's done is add one more year playing in front of that

It's in part what city did with Cahill and what Brisbane is doing with Holman from memory (and apparently Brisbane with North which I didn't even know) so obviously it's not a cap breach and if you find that source for Brisbane spending 100 per cent of their cap this year and last I'd love to see it.
Edited
7 Years Ago by elgee
elgee
elgee
Under 7s
Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)

elgee - 19 Apr 2017 4:19 PM

It's in part what city did with Cahill and what Brisbane is doing with Holman from memory (and apparently Brisbane with North which I didn't even know) so obviously it's not a cap breach and if you find that source for Brisbane spending 100 per cent of their cap this year and last I'd love to see it.

http://www.a-league.com.au/about
furthermore I would say that if it was an in principle agreement that he would be compensated in the future (and Broich didn't sign anything stating this) his coaching wage would be between the club and himself - nothing to do with the a-league. So how could they take any sort of action to stop it. As others have pointed out the loyalty option could also have been exploited more. The cap argument doesn't wash with me. Where there's a will there's a way. I mean I wouldn't be feeling as angry as I do if I thought next year we would build a squad that would compensate for Maclaren & Broich leaving. Personally I'll be watching with great interest to see who Aloisi brings in to compliment the football geniuses that are Arana, Oar, Pepper. 

And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Broich and McKay are both over the cap, this year and last.  That's why Holman was back-ended this year.

Cahills a Marquee this year so no need to back end his.

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

elgee
elgee
Under 7s

View from the fence - 19 Apr 2017 4:37 PM

Broich and McKay are both over the cap, this year and last.  That's why Holman was back-ended this year.

Cahills a Marquee this year so no need to back end his.

Fair enough on Cahill. Might not technically be backending but I read that they told him he would have a lucrative future beyond his playing days to help get him to the club. But as you've pointed out backending is already happening. It seems way more ethical than not guaranteeing player entitlements or paying wages on time for two or more off seasons in a row.
Edited
7 Years Ago by elgee
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

elgee - 19 Apr 2017 4:47 PM
View from the fence - 19 Apr 2017 4:37 PM

Fair enough on Cahill. Might not technically be backending but I read that they told him he would have a lucrative future beyond his playing days to help get him to the club. But as you've pointed out backending is already happening. It seems way more ethical than not guaranteeing player entitlements or paying wages on time for two or more off seasons in a row.

From what i have read (probably totally wrong).  Is that he is on a large deal for the current season (paying overs, as league would call it) and then will be in the cap next season allowing for another guest marquee.  Smart move if so.
elgee
elgee
Under 7s

Scotch&Coke - 19 Apr 2017 5:01 PM
elgee - 19 Apr 2017 4:47 PM

From what i have read (probably totally wrong).  Is that he is on a large deal for the current season (paying overs, as league would call it) and then will be in the cap next season allowing for another guest marquee.  Smart move if so.

So they're front-ending & back-ending. Potentially. If so, yeah that's brilliant. Wish we would do that.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ elgee

It can be a cap breach if you make a payment to a player that's not covered in the cap or in the marquee/exempt/visa player payment - so if you backend a players salary with a job after he's ceased playing the ffa will look at whether that's a fair and reasonable payment - if it's perceived to be an additional payment for playing then it would get reverse engineered in to the cap calculations.

Could you imagine how many paid advisors, consultants and coaches CFG could line up if you were allowed to do that. The rules also extend to employing someone's wife - it was part of glorys breach with Keogh that one

The backending of payer payments must fall in to a grey area. Technically Roar have been playing with four marquees this season, two paid this year and two next which makes you wonder why more clubs don't leverage it? But if they tried making Broich a paid anything afterwards that was above a fair and reasonable wage for that position they'd need to declare it in the cap now or risk sanctions later

And as for whether Roar pay the full cap or not, the only source is two CEO's (Pourre and Kingsman), it's your call whether you believe them or not as nothing is published officially on this.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I think we can dispense with money being a reason why Broich is not being resigned.It's relatively easy to pay him extra after he retires.
Moore says there is an open invitation for Broich to join Roar after his retirement.
So it's safe to assume Aloisis and Moore don't think Broich is worth another year.Which if we remember the first half of the season,Broich was very poor.If Aloisi wants more pace on the left then Broich is excess.He unfortunately never was able to play centrally.
Like ArchieT at MV ,tough decisions have to be made for the next generation.
Edited
7 Years Ago by crimsoncrusoe
elgee
elgee
Under 7s

Waz - 19 Apr 2017 5:10 PM
@ elgee It can be a cap breach if you make a payment to a player that's not covered in the cap or in the marquee/exempt/visa player payment - so if you backend a players salary with a job after he's ceased playing the ffa will look at whether that's a fair and reasonable payment - if it's perceived to be an additional payment for playing then it would get reverse engineered in to the cap calculations. Could you imagine how many paid advisors, consultants and coaches CFG could line up if you were allowed to do that. The rules also extend to employing someone's wife - it was part of glorys breach with Keogh that one The backending of payer payments must fall in to a grey area. Technically Roar have been playing with four marquees this season, two paid this year and two next which makes you wonder why more clubs don't leverage it? But if they tried making Broich a paid anything afterwards that was above a fair and reasonable wage for that position they'd need to declare it in the cap now or risk sanctions later And as for whether Roar pay the full cap or not, the only source is two CEO's (Pourre and Kingsman), it's your call whether you believe them or not as nothing is published officially on this.

You're saying that it both is and isn't happening though. That's a massive contradiction.  If they can't enforce it for player payments how would they possibly enforce it for backroom staff. There's no measure/salary cap for staff. Also Craig Moore has come out today and said there's still a back room position for him. It's not an offer they should make to every player but Broich is definitely special. I'm also very skeptical of the CEO's position on the cap. Last year was the minimum according to a Marco article I saw, personally I think they're just blaming it because they can. Unless someone from the club were to come out and say we've spent the entire 2.60 million + whatever was rolled over from last year and we're paying all the special payments we can outside the cap (youth provisions, etc) - I definitely don't believe it.

Edited
7 Years Ago by elgee
elgee
elgee
Under 7s

crimsoncrusoe - 19 Apr 2017 5:16 PM
I think we can dispense with money being a reason why Broich is not being resigned.It's relatively easy to pay him extra after he retires.
Moore says there is an open invitation for Broich to join Roar after his retirement.
So it's safe to assume Aloisis and Moore don't think Broich is worth another year.Which if we remember the first half of the season,Broich was very poor.If Aloisi wants more pace on the left then Broich is excess.He unfortunately never was able to play centrally.
Like ArchieT at MV ,tough decisions have to be made for the next generation.

I completely disagree re: performance. He has literally out performed McKay, Pepper, Oar and Arana all year. Pace was never Broich's go. If you let Broich go based on age and performance, you should be letting McKay go too. Broich would also a better CDM than Pepper or Holman who have both played in that spot this year. That's why I can't understand why they wouldn't keep him as a utility player. The guy can defend (tackle and win headers) unlike most of our other forwards. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by elgee
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

COACH John Aloisi says the A-League’s salary cap is to blame for the loss of Brisbane legend Thomas Broich next season, calling for it to be changed or scrapped to make it easier for clubs to retain long-serving players.

The 36-year-old will leave the Roar after seven campaigns, three titles and two Johnny Warren medals, having not been offered a new contract for next season.

Broich made the definitive call on his future after talking with Aloisi, who said he would not know what he could offer the former German international until salary-cap calculations were done at the end of the season.

Broich had been unsure if he wanted to play on until two weeks ago, when he first informed the club of his intent.
There is scope for A-League teams to pay up to $200,000 outside the salary cap, as part of a ‘loyalty player allowance’, but it operates on a sliding scale and it’s understood the Roar have used up almost all of it on other players.

Aloisi said it would have been easy for Brisbane to keep Broich, and better for the competition, if that allowance was increased, echoing recent calls from Ange Postecoglou for the cap to be removed.
“The salary cap is that complicated for us to explain to all the supporters; people don’t understand - they just go ‘why can’t you keep Thomas Broich?’,” he told AAP. “It’s not as simple as that. I would have loved to.
“It’s like Roma with Francesco Totti - you want your legends to be able to stay at their club for the rest of their lives.“We’ve been put in a position where we can’t keep him, virtually. I don’t really agree with it, because this is what can happen.”Broich is believed to be eyeing off a move to Asia, and his move to apply for Australian citizenship could make that easier.
It is hard to imagine him wanting to play for another A-League side, given the depth of his love for the Roar, the club where he rekindled his passion for football in their golden era.Aloisi said the door was open for Broich to return to the club in a coaching capacity at any time in the future.

He also said the best way for upset supporters to channel their emotion - instead of being angry at the club - was to pack the stands in what could be one of Broich’s final matches at Suncorp Stadium, Friday night’s elimination final against Western Sydney.“I’m hoping it’s not. I’m hoping we play a grand final - but I hope there’s a big crowd to see him play because what he’s achieved at this football club and the A-League has been phenomenal,” Aloisi said.

Meanwhile, football director Craig Moore has said the club was disappointed with the timing of Broich’s announcement, saying it shouldn’t detract from Friday night’s finals game.“You’ve got to be mindful of not being disrespectful to the playing group because we’ve got a massive game this Friday, a finals game, where it’s all on the line,” Moore told Radio TAB.“Certainly this week we would have liked the discussions or the publicity was around that football match. To come out before the finals game is a little bit disappointing.“But I get it, I understand it. Thomas wanted to make a decision early so he could be focused and have his head in the right space, so we totally respect that.”Moore said there was an “open-ended invitation” for Broich to join the Roar’s operations - most likely in an academy role - once he retires after previously expressing a desire to take up coaching.

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Edited
7 Years Ago by View from the fence
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

I am not sure how you can blame the salary cap when he wasn't even offered a contract. Surely you could fit a player of Broich's standing at 200-250K. He is at least the 5th best player in the current line up. Someone was offered a contract instead of him, you still need to have 23 players in the squad. 

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 19 Apr 2017 6:07 PM
I am not sure how you can blame the salary cap when he wasn't even offered a contract. Surely you could fit a player of Broich's standing at 200-250K. He is at least the 5th best player in the current line up. Someone was offered a contract instead of him, you still need to have 23 players in the squad. 

Clearly not. If they think his ankle is deteriorating and he wont be able to play that much next season, they would need to pay him that money plus bring in someone of similar quality, who'd likely want even more. If it was easy to do, they'd have done it.
elgee
elgee
Under 7s

View from the fence - 19 Apr 2017 5:50 PM

COACH John Aloisi says the A-League’s salary cap is to blame for the loss of Brisbane legend Thomas Broich next season, calling for it to be changed or scrapped to make it easier for clubs to retain long-serving players.

The 36-year-old will leave the Roar after seven campaigns, three titles and two Johnny Warren medals, having not been offered a new contract for next season.

Broich made the definitive call on his future after talking with Aloisi, who said he would not know what he could offer the former German international until salary-cap calculations were done at the end of the season.

Broich had been unsure if he wanted to play on until two weeks ago, when he first informed the club of his intent.
There is scope for A-League teams to pay up to $200,000 outside the salary cap, as part of a ‘loyalty player allowance’, but it operates on a sliding scale and it’s understood the Roar have used up almost all of it on other players.

Aloisi said it would have been easy for Brisbane to keep Broich, and better for the competition, if that allowance was increased, echoing recent calls from Ange Postecoglou for the cap to be removed.
“The salary cap is that complicated for us to explain to all the supporters; people don’t understand - they just go ‘why can’t you keep Thomas Broich?’,” he told AAP. “It’s not as simple as that. I would have loved to.
“It’s like Roma with Francesco Totti - you want your legends to be able to stay at their club for the rest of their lives.“We’ve been put in a position where we can’t keep him, virtually. I don’t really agree with it, because this is what can happen.”Broich is believed to be eyeing off a move to Asia, and his move to apply for Australian citizenship could make that easier.
It is hard to imagine him wanting to play for another A-League side, given the depth of his love for the Roar, the club where he rekindled his passion for football in their golden era.Aloisi said the door was open for Broich to return to the club in a coaching capacity at any time in the future.

He also said the best way for upset supporters to channel their emotion - instead of being angry at the club - was to pack the stands in what could be one of Broich’s final matches at Suncorp Stadium, Friday night’s elimination final against Western Sydney.“I’m hoping it’s not. I’m hoping we play a grand final - but I hope there’s a big crowd to see him play because what he’s achieved at this football club and the A-League has been phenomenal,” Aloisi said.

Meanwhile, football director Craig Moore has said the club was disappointed with the timing of Broich’s announcement, saying it shouldn’t detract from Friday night’s finals game.“You’ve got to be mindful of not being disrespectful to the playing group because we’ve got a massive game this Friday, a finals game, where it’s all on the line,” Moore told Radio TAB.“Certainly this week we would have liked the discussions or the publicity was around that football match. To come out before the finals game is a little bit disappointing.“But I get it, I understand it. Thomas wanted to make a decision early so he could be focused and have his head in the right space, so we totally respect that.”Moore said there was an “open-ended invitation” for Broich to join the Roar’s operations - most likely in an academy role - once he retires after previously expressing a desire to take up coaching.

One man says he doesn't know what he can offer until we hire an accountant at tax time, the other says no room in the cap. Well which is it fellas? Is it possible you're contradicting each other because neither of you know what's going on with the finances? More than a little concerning.
SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Asking because I don't know - has there been a salary cap announced for the next season?

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Brisbane Roar coach John Aloisi has urged his team to send club great Thomas Broich off with an A-League title

BRISBANE coach John Aloisi has urged his Roar side to reward departing star Thomas Broich with a fourth A-League championship.

As revealed by The Courier-Mail, Broich will leave the club at the end of this season after seven years of stellar service.

With Aloisi currently unable to guarantee the 36-year-old playmaker a contract for next season, Broich is looking elsewhere to continue his decorated career, much to the dismay of fans who felt more should have been done to keep the two-time Johnny Warren Medallist in Brisbane.

“I would have loved to have been able to work out something that would have kept Thomas here until the end of his playing days,” Aloisi told The Courier-Mail.

“But I understand him wanting an answer now rather than waiting until the end of the season to find out what future he had here.”

MOVING ON: Why Broich is leaving Roar

COMMENT: Cap revamp may have kept Broich

Aloisi said the salary cap made it tough for all A-League clubs, and hoped its days were numbered.

“We shouldn’t be restricted in our attempts to keep guys like Thomas at the Roar for the rest of his career,” he said.

Thomas Broich is leaving Brisbane Roar at the end of the season.
“He’s been so good for the Roar, and for me as a coach. He’s like a coach that’s on the field during games, and it’s the same at training with the way he works with players and mentors them.”

It is why Aloisi remains keen for Broich to return to the club once he retires to be part of the Roar’s coaching set up.

But for now, Aloisi wants his German marquee man and the rest of the Roar squad to focus on the task of becoming the first club to win an A-League championship from outside the top two.

Brisbane’s finals campaign starts tomorrow night when they host Western Sydney Wanderers in a sudden-death encounter at Suncorp Stadium.

“What a way it would be for Thomas to finish his Roar career with another title,” Aloisi said.

“I hope there’s a big crowd there to watch him and the rest of the team. The support from the stands will be very important.”

Broich said helping the Roar to a fourth A-League title in seven years would be the “ultimate goodbye”.

“I will give my everything to achieve that,” Broich said.

“For me, there are only a few more games to play for the Roar, and I’ll just fight like a lion.

“On Friday the focus is playing the Wanderers and hopefully progressing to the second week of the finals.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/brisbane-roar-coach-john-aloisi-has-urged-his-team-to-send-club-great-thomas-broich-off-with-an-aleague-title/news-story/900c3dfc03bc49d96b3da18420fd1140
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

We all wait for FFA, to reveal the increase in the salary cap.With the increased revenue from Foxsports ,they have to increase the cap.They have a contract with PFA.
alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

It’s like Roma with Francesco Totti - you want your legends to be able to stay at their club for the rest of their lives.

true they're both 40, you cant play forever

RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

This will be a great distraction when Brisbane play WSW. I expect Brisbane to send Broich off with a loss.

Mrmcjewpants
Mrmcjewpants
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

Very very saddened and disappointed by this news. I'm not sure I'll ever like a player more.
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 19 Apr 2017 8:55 PM
This will be a great distraction when Brisbane play WSW. I expect Brisbane to send Broich off with a loss.

Doubt it,it will probably have the opposite effect, Broich will play his absolute best against us. 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Who doesn't see a Speed incoming?

"Thomas BROOOICHH 36 years young"
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Might be hard for him to play with a knife in his back though
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

scott21 - 19 Apr 2017 9:32 PM
Might be hard for him to play with a knife in his back though

RBB or Roar management? 
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

has he got his australian passport?  maybe he can get some retirement money in china.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

SWandP - 19 Apr 2017 8:26 PM
Asking because I don't know - has there been a salary cap announced for the next season?

Yeah and I thought it had increased?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

The salary cap for next season (apparently) gets confirmed May 30th. A news report a month or so back said clubs had been advised to expect a $200k increase on the cap for next season but no advice on the following year (which is dumb if you want to sign a player for 2+ years).

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

Broich is apparently asking for a salary package of over $400,000 including salary, flights back to Germany, car and agents fees.
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro

FullBack4 - 20 Apr 2017 3:32 PM
Broich is apparently asking for a salary package of over $400,000 including salary, flights back to Germany, car and agents fees.

How would possibly know that? Did you speak to Broich or his agent?

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 20 Apr 2017 3:36 PM
FullBack4 - 20 Apr 2017 3:32 PM

How would possibly know that? Did you speak to Broich or his agent?

I coach in the NPL, we get the gossip on BRFC all the time because of the cross over between coaches. There's no reason not to believe it but i have not talked to Thomas or his agent. But i do know ex-professionals that seem to think he could earn that in South East Asia quite easily so maybe its true?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search