Colazo, Gameiro, Rose and Kuzmanovski released by Melbourne City

Colazo, Gameiro, Rose and Kuzmanovski released by Melbourne City

Author
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-tBYo0UMAAtxde.jpg

Gameiro would be worth a punt for any of the mid table teams, if he can somehow recover form the injuries he could easily be a 10-15 goal player imo. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by jlm8695
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jlm8695 - 1 May 2017 11:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-tBYo0UMAAtxde.jpg

Gameiro would be worth a punt for any of the mid table teams, if he can somehow recover form the injuries he could easily be a 100-15 goal player imo. 

Would take him at Brisbane as a 2nd choice once we get a striker to replace JMac.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

I wouldn't take anyone from city - a self entitled club culture doesn't make for a good recruit at any other club imo
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Don't know why Kuzi went to City.
Could've had ample opportunities at the Jerks or Adelaide for example
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Colazo was someone you could tell was a gun player palying in a system that didnt suit him at all. Disappointed in him in the end. Could have done well in a different team. 
Kuzmanovski is no surprises. Wonder if he'll get another gig. 
Gameiro is just a huge shame and disaster. Really unfortunate for him and doubt hes the same player he was with us. Would still be worth a punt. 
Rose is probably done with the A-League. Options are probably SE Asia or retire professionally. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Would love to see Gamiero make a full recovery. Best of luck to him. A great talent.
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Gameiro is the biggest tragedy here, gun local player that barely played over two seasons. He has been back to training and hope he stays injury free. Rose is at an age where it's understandable that we'd let him go. What he does have going for him is he finished the season with a good run of form. Kuzi I didn't rate highly simply because he tended to be quite selfish as a player and besides being a step over king he lacked in most other departments. Maybe a good coach will get more from him. Colazo is an interesting one. He came here off the back of some pretty strong opinions from Boca fans as being way past it. I agree with a comment above that he wasn't played correctly and in my opinion wasn't given a definitive role that he could make his own for the season. Unfortunately though he wasn't the only one that was wasn't able to hold down one role for the entirety of the season. His next move may show his true worth as a player at this point in time.

Overall each released player can be justified and is probably the right move. However there's other issues at hand with player management though that need to be sorted though. Hopefully the new manager will be able to do a better job. Besides Corey due to his injury I think each of these players can find clubs and do much better than they have at their time with us.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Scorey Goalmerio would be great to see on the park. 

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Wasn't Colazo just on a season long loan deal? Hardly a 'release' if his loan has come to an end.
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Doubt Gameiro with all his injuries will offer any team much.

5 goals in 32 games in the A-League, no chance he will be a double digit scorer. 

I had high hopes on him, and hope he manages to come back. I'm pessimistic though. 
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Yes Colazo was on a one year deal. The club has simply made an announcement of release or non renewal of a contract for the upcoming season.
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

JonoMV - 1 May 2017 1:15 PM
Doubt Gameiro with all his injuries will offer any team much.

5 goals in 32 games in the A-League, no chance he will be a double digit scorer. 

I had high hopes on him, and hope he manages to come back. I'm pessimistic though. 

I'd like to see Victory take a chance on him. Fit and firing he's a gun. Berisha needs some sort of competition. Haven't had another out and out striker since Allsopp
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Some easy pickups for the Jets.

Throw in Broich and FBK and they could have a decent team.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

astonvilla1
astonvilla1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 1 May 2017 2:21 PM

-PB

astonvilla1
astonvilla1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

You call that a clean up lol.Alot of senior players should go on huge wages to.Said it before say it again wrong people in football department who aren't accountable and make same mistakes that needs to change first.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

no surprises here.  but im a bit annoyed that they havent appointed a new coach first to be making these decisions about the squad.

kuzman never got a run

colazo was not worth the marquee spot - this was announced the day after the semi

gameiro has not been there for yonks because of injuries

josh rose i am surprised about.  he has done a decent job and would be on a low wage.  i'd like to see them beat that for the money.  i think this ones a bit silly.

also

sorensen was let go.  fair enough if he is going to be second choice at the back. not worth the foreign spot and the moolah.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

-PB

jets and ccm are the hal garbage disposals

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

What is the current status of Gamiero? Injured?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I honestly believe that if Gamiero wasn't injured he would be better than either Taggart or Mclaren. Probably in a different position, more of a 2nd striker, winger than a fox in the box, but better nevertheless.

He'll be lucky to ever be back to his best physically.

Kuzamovski definitely has ability and really should go the Malaysian route to get some gametime. He could easily reach the level of Nabbout and maybe even Petratos.

Malaysia seems be to a reasonable substitute to a b-league ATM. Think Chianese passed through there before coming back too.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Shame for Corey, the injuries have all but ruined his time at City.

After the promising start of the season, Calazo has been a major disappointment given his Boca Junior days.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Aljay - 1 May 2017 4:39 PM
I honestly believe that if Gamiero wasn't injured he would be better than either Taggart or Mclaren. Probably in a different position, more of a 2nd striker, winger than a fox in the box, but better nevertheless.He'll be lucky to ever be back to his best physically.Kuzamovski definitely has ability and really should go the Malaysian route to get some gametime. He could easily reach the level of Nabbout and maybe even Petratos.Malaysia seems be to a reasonable substitute to a b-league ATM. Think Chianese passed through there before coming back too.

Yeah Chianese, Petratos and Nabbout all had stints in Malaysia and would say that all came back better players. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 1 May 2017 4:00 PM

Pretty close to being back.

RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

I like Gameiro as a player but the guy is brittle as glass. He needs to go to a more technical league where the pitches are nice and soft. Perhaps he could find a spot in the J-league or J2 or even in the Spanish 2nd division. 

Kuzmanovski is at a critical age and needs to find his spot. In my honest opinion he needs to get rid of all the fancy shit out of his game ie the extravagant step overs and learn to play a more simple game. 

Lastbroadcast
Lastbroadcast
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Gamiero is still only 24. Still time for him to get his body right.

If a team can ever get a full season out of him he'll score plenty.
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Gamiero needs to play under a coach that can get the best out of him like what happened at SFC before he got injured. Good luck to him either way.
I think Rose is good enough for another year in the league.

Wellington Phoenix FC

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 1 May 2017 4:00 PM

Mates sisters plays in the same team with his missus apparently his knees are shot 
Savic
Savic
Rising Star
Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)

Waz - 1 May 2017 12:24 PM
I wouldn't take anyone from city - a self entitled club culture doesn't make for a good recruit at any other club imo

This. They're all dirty and soiled now. What would you do with them.. Bad career moves. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

inala brah - 1 May 2017 3:56 PM

One man's rubbish etc

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

inala brah - 1 May 2017 3:56 PM

Yeah, like when Josh Rose was let go for being too old and not playing up to AL level any more and Simon was let go because, even being a local, his uselessness could no longer be justified...

Gameiro and Kuzmanovski do both look like Okon style signings. Could Kuzmanovski play no10?

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

colarzo and gamer would be great pickups
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search